• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Um... G@BE's spectacular, non-homosexual Captain Falcon Q&A guide(I'm 100% straight!)

G@BE

Smash Lord
If you are fast enough he cant do anything... It wont matter how good the ganon is if you are fast enough he wont get out of the n-air chain.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Ganon gets n-air combo'd really really easyly try chain those on him. You also dont want to get to far away from ganon if you can stay on him like glue. Maybe its just me i always seem to over estimate the reach of ganon's f-air so i get punished by it.

Roy gets owned by falcon if you can n-air spam as well. After each n-air try doing a forward tilt in the direction they are facing it usally will hit them. and Up throw to knee works on roy at 90 or so... same as ganon.

When there spaming the over B combo try rolling away dont roll behind them, good roy players know to f-smash as soon as someone does that.
upthrow to **** works at 70% on ganon and 60% on roy.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to tech Gannon's reverse u-air spike (i know its not a true spike)?

And any tips for meteor canceling Gannon's downair? I try to hold up on the c stick and mash the B button when I see it coming but Falcon never recovers, just dies. And is it a better idea to tech it or meteor cancel it?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Is it possible to tech Gannon's reverse u-air spike (i know its not a true spike)?

And any tips for meteor canceling Gannon's downair? I try to hold up on the c stick and mash the B button when I see it coming but Falcon never recovers, just dies. And is it a better idea to tech it or meteor cancel it?

Its possible to tech anything... Its probably just really hard to tech that move. And try hold up on the control stick not the c-stick. That should work, the control stick is the one people really meteor cancel with.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Its possible to tech anything... Its probably just really hard to tech that move. And try hold up on the control stick not the c-stick. That should work, the control stick is the one people really meteor cancel with.
CF cannot tech the cape. Backwards up-B to the ****. G@BE is my hero. ^_^

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
what are some good and easy combos.. im not that good a player
Fox and Falco - 90%, up throw to ****
Ganon - 70% upthrow to ****
Link,Roy,.....and just about everyone else - 60% up throw to ****

Mario/Doc/Peach(sometimes) - 50% downthrow to ****

Marth - anything past 60% - downthrow to ****

audreyh

Smash Ace
shutup with all this -to **** stuff. u noob.

you can tech any move that sends you into the tumble animation. I wish we could tech fox's shine =/

its better to uthrow marth between 70-80ish percent

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
shutup with all this -to **** stuff. u noob.

you can tech any move that sends you into the tumble animation. I wish we could tech fox's shine =/

its better to uthrow marth between 70-80ish percent
Who is this kid? I own you in smash,...better yet I own you in life. = Comment by me to the ****.

G@BE

Smash Lord
LOL!, I love it.
Jeremy shut up yo face.
Yes you can tech anything coming back... even the cape.
It is not possible to tech a shine unless it sends you towards the stage... which is very unlikely
****=Knee? i would think.

for the man that wanted to learn a few decent combo's
Fast fallers throw them down and down smash they tend to tech right into the d-smash
People who are lighter down throw to n-air.
Then stuff like N-air chains on lighter characters.

hurray for Jaino showing his face in me thread ^-^ i happy

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Jeremy shut up yo face.
Yes you can tech anything coming back... even the cape.
It is not possible to tech a shine unless it sends you towards the stage... which is very unlikely
****=Knee? i would think.

for the man that wanted to learn a few decent combo's
Fast fallers throw them down and down smash they tend to tech right into the d-smash
People who are lighter down throw to n-air.
Then stuff like N-air chains on lighter characters.

hurray for Jaino showing his face in me thread ^-^ i happy
CF cannot tech the cape, Im 100% sure.

And on a side note, G@BE start saying "eveything to ****" **** = any type of finisher.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Jeremy im not going to argue with you. Stop it or leave

he can

and saying "everything to ****" is ********.

Mann

Smash Ace
What's the easiest way to fast fall Uairs? Like... as in C-stick or A button. And is it best to have the ground help you cancel the rest of Falcon's Uairs sometimes?

G@BE

Smash Lord
What's the easiest way to fast fall Uairs? Like... as in C-stick or A button. And is it best to have the ground help you cancel the rest of Falcon's Uairs sometimes?
Yes you have the right idea keep at it ^-^

Yes fastfalling up-airs is the best with doing it with the c-stick and using the control-pad to fast fall it.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
If you are fast enough he cant do anything... It wont matter how good the ganon is if you are fast enough he wont get out of the n-air chain.
homeslice not to be a braggart or anything but i do play against TT (tommy tipper) and he smash di's away and gets the uair in ;/

Mann

Smash Ace
Yes you have the right idea keep at it ^-^

Yes fastfalling up-airs is the best with doing it with the c-stick and using the control-pad to fast fall it.
Awesome.

I noticed that when doing a delayed Uair when close to the ground, you don't see the whole animation. But is the hitbox just as large as a full one in the air? Or just kept limited to let's say... around you body?

G@BE

Smash Lord
homeslice not to be a braggart or anything but i do play against TT (tommy tipper) and he smash di's away and gets the uair in ;/
Well im not saying anything bad about you but maybe your not hiting them right. I dont know the only good ganon i have ever played was Titian and he is one of the best ganon's i have ever seen.

Awesome.

I noticed that when doing a delayed Uair when close to the ground, you don't see the whole animation. But is the hitbox just as large as a full one in the air? Or just kept limited to let's say... around you body?
No its the same hit box i would think

G@BE

Smash Lord
You can wait how ever long you think you need to wait for to do it. I was just giving him an easy way to do it.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Well im not saying anything bad about you but maybe your not hiting them right. I dont know the only good ganon i have ever played was Titian and he is one of the best ganon's i have ever seen.
It's a pretty consistent thing. Mostly at low % of course, though up to about 60% he can do this. He is the best ganon in the world pretty much so... yeah. He has a VCR, hopefully we'll record some before he leaves for NY for good :(

G@BE

Smash Lord
thats definitely not fast enough.
Well it depends on how you look at it. having both kicks out is better then one kick...

It's a pretty consistent thing. Mostly at low % of course, though up to about 60% he can do this. He is the best ganon in the world pretty much so... yeah. He has a VCR, hopefully we'll record some before he leaves for NY for good :(
Yea, That good... I would not say the world but I mean Titian is a really really really good Ganon you can ask any of the top players in Texas. Ask Fast Like Tree he will tell you.
But yea i cant wait to see those vids.

On a side note is everyone ready for Christmas ^-^

GreenCarrot

Smash Cadet
whats the best move to use vs a mario/doc that uses the cape in the air.. do any of CF's aerials still hit when countered with a cape?? i think i remember using a knee one time that was caped but still hit him.. does that always work?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Well then,
It does not work all the time. But most of the time that person will cape you before you can hit them.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Stomp will go straight through the cape; good sh*t for edgeguarding capers.

As for the nair- Gabe! I'm ashamed of you, telling the noobs to wait until you get both kicks out. You just have to press A as fast as possible, and fastfall as fast as possible (or maybe just a little slower). The second kick should come out at about chest height; watch Isai vids for examples.

The Uair's hitbox is attached to his foot and leg if I'm not mistaken, and follows it around. You don't get the whole crescent motion if you cancel it before the leg goes around (for reverse uair spikes and the like).

G@BE

Smash Lord
im saying for both kicks to get out. They can fast fall it how ever they want to but if they do it to fast they will only get the first kick out... i know what im talking about.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
OK, so I feel like quite the noob for asking this buttt, I really want to get it down:

I'm having trouble L canceling against shields, I'm always getting shieldgrabbed. When do you guys press which buttons? I think I found out that, you should fastfall after the move hits the shield, for like the d-air cause thats the only move that goes directly into his body and sometimes the knee too...

Just for clarification purposes: One should be able to SHFFL basically any aerial attack (for any character) and NOT get shieldgrabbed (maybe a few exceptions?) Or am I wrong about this?

If SHFFL'd correctly should none of Falcon's aerials be shieldgrabbed?

Thanks very much guys.

Jake13

Smash Lord
As for the nair- Gabe! I'm ashamed of you, telling the noobs to wait until you get both kicks out. You just have to press A as fast as possible, and fastfall as fast as possible (or maybe just a little slower). The second kick should come out at about chest height; watch Isai vids for examples.
...No.

You FF after the first kick gets out completely, if you FF as fast as possible you will only get the "stun" kick out.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Tested this at quarter speed, jumping, then mashing A, and then mashing down as fast as I could, and was only able to cancel the hitbox 2/15 times. Both of these times, I recieved the sound and Falcon stuck his leg out a little bit forward, which leads me to believe that I was slow by one or two frames in pressing A or fastfalling (or that the Nair is one frame too slow in it's comeout time). Either that or I was slow the other 15 times.

Additionally, I was never able to cancel the hitbox when I hit an opponent, out of 15 tries.

I chastized Gabe because if you wait for both kicks to come out before you fastfall, it's almost impossible to chain Nairs, and on several characters the second kick will miss, I have no issue really with waiting for the first kick before you fastfall, because that's about at the height of your jump anyway, and it pretty much gaurentees you get the second, but you can and should do it faster.

Berserk_Ookami

Smash Rookie
I wanna start playing C Falcon, whats the best way to get all the technical skill you need to play C Falcon, i mean like is there a certain way to train or practice and what the best things to practice

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Play Falco. Worked for me. You can take that however you want, but when ever I pick up a new character, I usually read whatever material is available, watch a butt load of combo videos over and over until my room mates can't stand the music, then I turn the music off and keep watching (so they have no idea what I'm up to), and finally apply it. I usually SD about half the kills. But eventually, it all starts to flow real smooth, and the tech skill you lacked at first comes naturally.

In addition, before playing any real smash, just drill the basic stuff like the shuffl, wavedash, ledge play, moonwalking, etc. for about an hour whenever you are going to play.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I wanna start playing C Falcon, whats the best way to get all the technical skill you need to play C Falcon, i mean like is there a certain way to train or practice and what the best things to practice
Do what i did. It is kinda hard but i liked the outcome so you might want to give it a try. Start off by going to training mode and just screw around in there. Trying to shuffle everything correctly
(with out the c-stick) because you can not use the c-stick in training mode. After awhile you will get the muscle control for everything down and it will become second nature to you. Just keep at that. and when you did need it you can start playing around with the c-stick in actually matches. Thats what i did. but in all means never fight against the same character over and over again it will only screw you over....

if you need anything just get in contact with me all my stuff is in my profile.

thanks
gabe

Top Bottom