• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Um... G@BE's spectacular, non-homosexual Captain Falcon Q&A guide(I'm 100% straight!)

G@BE

Smash Lord
Yes this is Internet's G@BE

Back to bring you a question and answer section that not even your computer monitor could stomach to pixelate.
Falcon army i want you to bring me questions and I will try and answer some of the questions you have about certain kind of match ups or any kind of help you just flat out need.
Now start the questions because I am ready to answer anything you need to know.

Thanks for reading, and remember: Don’t get Ripped, by the Riptide!

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Is there any good tactics to employ against Falco specifically ( I suppose Fox too)

Any easy ways to deal with A (falco) SHL spammer?

Thanks!

liius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! How do fight against docs? and marths? Oh and ganon's... Do you suggest any good tactics for me?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Is there any good tactics to employ against Falco specifically ( I suppose Fox too)

Any easy ways to deal with A (falco) SHL spammer?

Thanks!

If you have some good speed behind you and you know what you're doing, dont give Fox much room to breath. Try a little combo of a quick bursted n-air to a down air following them. If you want to edge guard them well and if you dont have the time to edgehog or there is no reason for the edgehog go for some up tilts on the side to hit them from their up B and forward B (forward tilt works pretty well in that situation of the forward B also) if you learn to guess right ( if you think you know what he will do next) go for a knee when the falco tries to forward B back to the ledge sometimes you can catch them in their over B and it will screw them for your better. ^_^

As for the SHL spammer you can try to come from above the falco to not get hit by its lasers. The falco will be short hopping alot so when he does and he is lasering he is hopeless from the top which is where you can find a way to attack, which should be done with a dropping up-air or a dropping n-air. I like to do the Up-air better. It would be wise to do a full jumped droping up-air/n-air.

Vs falco and fox at 90% or so you can up throw to forward smash which kills.

If you need anything else please tell me if i missed somthing you were wanting to know

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
usually I take out the fantasims with a back air. Up throw to f-smash works well, but be prepaired to watch out for them to DI away. If they do the usually you can get them with an n-air or a knee. When fighting falco I pretty much just pray for a grab and hope I can tech chase him to death. Sometimes when they do the firefox you can just tip them with the knee and they will fall to their doom.

audreyh

Smash Ace
sheik?
aesis is a pretty tough sheik...

lots of uthrows, hit and run tactics, always DI sheiks throws behind her so u dont get psuedo chaingrabbed (with the jab reset)
stay away from the edge sheik ***** falcon's recovery so bad.
don't jump out of sheild... she'll just fair you.
always grab ledge yadayada

i need a lot of help in this matchup...

G@BE

Smash Lord
I will edit this post after class today!

No offense to That 1 Guy

But i would really like to help people out. So if you please i would like to see if i can give any good advice.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
what do i do when i hit one kick of the nair on peach and she flies off the stage because YS is so small and gay so i cant really run ahead and grab?
:dizzy:

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I have a question...

why the *** do u lose to me in marth dittos?!?!?!?! OMG BURRRRRRNNNNN BABY!

and also, why does your falcon lose to me samus?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!??@?@?@!?@?!@?@?@?$?$?%?%?%?%

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i play my ganon like most people play their falcon because i don't have the speed to react to what they can do to me, so i try to not let them do anything.

i play my falcon like most people would expect ganon to be played. I stand back, think for a second or two, wait for them to do something, then i hit and run.
(this is most likely because i am still at the stage when i actually have to think about shorthoping and the like)
is this a good way for a beginner falcon to play? if not, how should a beginer falcon play
(my friend will most likely kick my *** either way)

Q:
sometimes the knee doesn't do the full damage/knockback. and its not a damage problem because when this happens my opponent isn't all electrified.
does the knee have to be sweetspoted or something?

Q:
from playing ganon so much, i never use Nair. should i be useing it with falcon?

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you have to sweetspot the knee.

To counteract the fact that the knee had so much raw power, they made the hitbox for the very small ( in order to make it harder to hit your opponent with). Basically, to get the full-powered hit from the knee, you have to time the hit within the split second that the knee is at full power.

Also, when you play as Falcon, you need to be the aggressor in the match. Although Falcon has to be offensive during a match, that does not mean to play him stupidly. For instance, sometimes you need to run straight at your opponent, sometimes you need to mindgame your way to them. As with all characters, variety is essential. With some of Falcon's physics and his horrible recovery, if you don't play aggressively, you will be heavily punished and probably lose the match very easily because you can't make a transition from defense to offense.

Falcon basically has two methods of attacking his opponent : first, a shffl'd aerial. Here, you have five options, all of which can be very useful. To answer your question about n-air, yes you should be using it. The reason it is important is because it is the longest-lasting of Falcon's aerials. While all the others are very quick attacks, the n-air lasts slightly longer. So if another person expects a f-air and plans to shield-grab out of it, the longer animation from the n-air would hit him. Again, as with all characters, using a variety of moves is essential.

The second method of attacking your opponent is very simple : jump-cancelled grabs. Grabs are important in Falcon's game because they very easily lead to aerial combos, usually with a full-powered knee. Also, if your opponent is expecting you to use shffl'd aerials and is shield-grabbing in anticipation, you can use Falcon's pure speed to just run up and grab-combo him.

If you need any more tips or character specific-advice, PM me.

edit : One more thing about the n-air. Falcon has wonderful horizontal jumping when you short hop and fast fall, and the n-airs extended attack animation and range is really useful from closing in on your opponent from a distance ( think FD ).

G@BE

Smash Lord
Yeah, you have to sweetspot the knee.

To counteract the fact that the knee had so much raw power, they made the hitbox for the very small ( in order to make it harder to hit your opponent with). Basically, to get the full-powered hit from the knee, you have to time the hit within the split second that the knee is at full power.

Also, when you play as Falcon, you need to be the aggressor in the match. Although Falcon has to be offensive during a match, that does not mean to play him stupidly. For instance, sometimes you need to run straight at your opponent, sometimes you need to mindgame your way to them. As with all characters, variety is essential. With some of Falcon's physics and his horrible recovery, if you don't play aggressively, you will be heavily punished and probably lose the match very easily because you can't make a transition from defense to offense.

Falcon basically has two methods of attacking his opponent : first, a shffl'd aerial. Here, you have five options, all of which can be very useful. To answer your question about n-air, yes you should be using it. The reason it is important is because it is the longest-lasting of Falcon's aerials. While all the others are very quick attacks, the n-air lasts slightly longer. So if another person expects a f-air and plans to shield-grab out of it, the longer animation from the n-air would hit him. Again, as with all characters, using a variety of moves is essential.

The second method of attacking your opponent is very simple : jump-cancelled grabs. Grabs are important in Falcon's game because they very easily lead to aerial combos, usually with a full-powered knee. Also, if your opponent is expecting you to use shffl'd aerials and is shield-grabbing in anticipation, you can use Falcon's pure speed to just run up and grab-combo him.

If you need any more tips or character specific-advice, PM me.

edit : One more thing about the n-air. Falcon has wonderful horizontal jumping when you short hop and fast fall, and the n-airs extended attack animation and range is really useful from closing in on your opponent from a distance ( think FD ).
Mog and TGM could you please leave the answering questions part up to me. This is the reason why i started this thread is so i could give the advice.

Dice

Smash Lord
9.9/10 Doctors and Dentists agree that maining falcon increases your ***** size by 57.345%!

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Gabe, I think I'm going to start playing smash again (I haven't in 3 months if you've been keeping up). However, I don't have a cube anymore. This means I have to actually travel and play people all the time now. We should play sometime this week.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Ok we should get together this weekend at DV8 house he is having an STD so we should go to that.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Ok we should get together this weekend at DV8 house he is having an STD so we should go to that.
I know, I know, but I'm busy Saturday night. I can play anytime though (other than that obviously), seeing as how I quit my job and all (thank god).

G@BE

Smash Lord
sheik?
aesis is a pretty tough sheik...

lots of uthrows, hit and run tactics, always DI sheiks throws behind her so u dont get psuedo chaingrabbed (with the jab reset)
stay away from the edge sheik ***** falcon's recovery so bad.
don't jump out of sheild... she'll just fair you.
always grab ledge yadayada

i need a lot of help in this matchup...

Ahh sheik one of my more funniest match ups.
Yes this is probably falcon's worst match up next to Falco. Going on dealing with Sheik you learn to NOT go on with to many aerial attacks because you get punished for them vs. many sheiks you can get tilted to a grab so easy from them. So what I like to do is focus on the grabbing part of this fight.

Sheik at about 10-20 percent be up thrown to n-air to knee/up-air anything you can think of. If you can get some decent Knee's on them that is great but it is not the smartest thing to do in that match up because of the aerial attacks I was just talking about. If you have the chance go for it. Learning how to do certain thing like reverse knees in this fight will come to your liking down the line. Say your throw a sheik up at 80% she DI behind you BOOM! You jump backwards while doing the knee right into them. It’s a nifty little thing to learn in the case of you are to close to a sheik and you think you will be grabbed try this out. Do jab jab... hopefully the sheik will try to roll behind you (most of the time!) that’s when you do a short hoped reverse knee.

Knowing that all of this stuff I told you really works on everyone you can possibly play. The punch punch knee combo is a great way to get things back in your favor. Its like if you are trying to do a punch grab combo but instead of the grab it’s a knee because most people try to grab you when you jab so when they try to grab you do a knee right into there face.

When you play vs. a sheik though you overall have to take your time threw out that whole match. Don’t be slow just take your time and think about what you’re doing so you don’t fall for grabs. You want to be a sheik in this match up and go for the grabs more then allot of the other moves. Grabs overall are your friend in these match ups.

How to play marth will be coming soon I need to finish some Algebra 2 homework....
If there is somthing else that you are wanting to know please tell me and i will try to help you with it as much as possible.

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
I hav a lot of problem playing a doc espacialy one olny waiting near the edge grabing throwing me off the edge and only doing his cape when i try to recover from there

G@BE

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario... hmmm

Well, When a Doc is trying to get you on the edge like that. You can do several things.
If you are close to the edge after he throws you try and Up-B right after the throw to go over him and try to make it back to the stage easy. That’s all I can really tell you about that.

If you want to not get grabbed on that edge try faking him out as in. Run towards him then wavedash backwards really quick so he might try to grab (he will grab air) then you rush back in for the attack. You could just try to make him miss his grab and grab him instead.

When you are playing a Doc, he is easily juggled with n-air's and up-airs.
If you want to get a good grab combo off on him try to grab then down throw to n-air at around 20% it rarely sets up for long combo's but it racks some damage up on him. If you want a clean finisher try for down throw to knee at around 70% should kill.

If you are doing n-air's and you over shoot them right after you land go for a forward tilt in the direction you missed your target. It hits most of the time. Along with stuff like n-air to grab and knee to grab (if you hit the knee at 0%)...

If you have any more questions to ask please tell me ^_^ if I missed something please tell me ^_^

liius

Smash Journeyman
How the fudge do you moonwalk? Seriously, when you do it you're all over... TELL ME PLEASE :wink:

G@BE

Smash Lord
It should be like....

Quarter circle down and then role it straight back then you should get that sliding motion.

If you want to jump out of the moonwalk. Do it in the middle of the slide to get the full effect.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
I have Samus and pikachu problems

-samus pwns with missles, and pika pwns with smashs. Help me

-dice, your posts are funny, i like the golden nips thing. XD.

-liius, look at the guide zhu made on u tube.

Sytar

Smash Ace
o_O well it might work but if ur too far from the edge u would just go further so it isn't a bright idea depending on the %
The cape temporarily switches the momentum of your DI, so right when the cape is about to hit you, smash di away from the stage, and you'll fall right on :- )

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
Yes i know but wat i want to say is if your like far from the edge u can't do up+b in the wrong direction since u will just get a lot further from the edge then your are
and doc won't come to save you

G@BE

Smash Lord
The cape temporarily switches the momentum of your DI, so right when the cape is about to hit you, smash di away from the stage, and you'll fall right on :- )
Nice you made me remember about that so yea that is great! do that it really works.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I have Samus and pikachu problems

-samus pwns with missles, and pika pwns with smashs. Help me

-dice, your posts are funny, i like the golden nips thing. XD.

-liius, look at the guide zhu made on u tube.
I suppose with samus if your having troubles with a noob samus. Then try to grab him and do lots of up throws to up-airs. To avoid getting hit you could try attacking him from above. Do full jumped fastfalling up-airs or n-air's.

Pikachu gets hammerd with lots of n-airs. Shuffle those n-airs and just keep the pika on its lil toes. Try grabing more in your matches which could lead to better results and always try to do things out of the grabs like up throw up-air and down throw knee.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
G@be, What if its a pikachu grabs you, up tilt, upair, gets you of the stage and smash you when your coming back, or edge hogs. And the pika i play crounh cancells.....My falcon hates crouch cancelers.

The thing you said about samus doesnt help much, maybe i explained wrong, so here: The samus i play is gay, when its far away, it missle cancels crap, and when its colse, it uses foward tilt and sex kicks. Its hard to get grabs in when samus L cancels moves that arent very laggy. I try to use mindgames, but then comes a short hop missle cancel.....HELP PLEASE.

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
A samus always hate to be above someone so try to force a dair or a grab from their G@BE advice take life
uair willl probaly be ur best friend in this fight til 70% u can d-throw to knee but u gotta be fast so he doesn't DI

for missle its pretty easy since u can just jump over them if he does double missilesthen its because ur not playing the right mind game and u let him hav too much space
a samus will be more vulnerable when ur near him since u can tell he is always doing ftilt u should know whan hes gonna do it wavedash backward and grab

For the pika he can be comboed pretty easily again if u know hes gonna up-throw you DI in consequence, about the smash at the side u cant really do anything unless trying to get near the wall and wall jump and up-b over his smash, crouch cancelers just run to him depending on the % if he fall of the edgejust edgeguard, he will prabably trying to sweet spot try to edgehog before or if he doesn't sweet spot punish him for it

G@BE

Smash Lord
A samus always hate to be above someone so try to force a dair or a grab from their G@BE advice take life
uair willl probaly be ur best friend in this fight til 70% u can d-throw to knee but u gotta be fast so he doesn't DI

for missle its pretty easy since u can just jump over them if he does double missilesthen its because ur not playing the right mind game and u let him hav too much space
a samus will be more vulnerable when ur near him since u can tell he is always doing ftilt u should know whan hes gonna do it wavedash backward and grab

For the pika he can be comboed pretty easily again if u know hes gonna up-throw you DI in consequence, about the smash at the side u cant really do anything unless trying to get near the wall and wall jump and up-b over his smash, crouch cancelers just run to him depending on the % if he fall of the edgejust edgeguard, he will prabably trying to sweet spot try to edgehog before or if he doesn't sweet spot punish him for it

something usefull on the side would be called teching of the wall.
When you up B when you get next to the stage hole L and Push the Analog stick towards the wall and you should tech his smashes on the wall then up b agian.

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
well it depends of were he comes if he does from down then he can well i can't really say since it depends of were the smash hit you i dont think u can wall tech it since uget cough in his electricity and u go fly through nothing

Top Bottom