• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Um... G@BE's spectacular, non-homosexual Captain Falcon Q&A guide(I'm 100% straight!)

G@BE

Smash Lord
I think i might have an idea on what your saying....

how to get out of a grab?!?!?

what i do is i take my hole palm and to push every button on the pad.
It works if that is what you were asking...
Need Input!

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
seriously? you take your hole palm and mush buttons? that seems like it would take long to get in that position and then back in normal position

i usually just rotate the joystick and press A/B very rapidly alternating between them

audreyh

Smash Ace
haha alright ill be more specific. to land grabs takes mad mindgames... unless ur playing nuubs.

i've got lots of stuff i try out, but i wanted to know what kinda tricks you (gabe) uses to get grabs off. like for example against marth his aerials are laggy so sometimes u can grab them as the aerial finishes, but they usually cstick buffer roll or spot dodge so i can predict the dodge or geab them out of the roll..
just gimmie some of ur knowledge lol

G@BE

Smash Lord
seriously? you take your hole palm and mush buttons? that seems like it would take long to get in that position and then back in normal position

i usually just rotate the joystick and press A/B very rapidly alternating between them
Its really not, i think i know what im talking about haha. I am better then yowse <3 lawllerzz

haha alright ill be more specific. to land grabs takes mad mindgames... unless ur playing nuubs.

i've got lots of stuff i try out, but i wanted to know what kinda tricks you (gabe) uses to get grabs off. like for example against marth his aerials are laggy so sometimes u can grab them as the aerial finishes, but they usually cstick buffer roll or spot dodge so i can predict the dodge or geab them out of the roll..
just gimmie some of ur knowledge lol
Oh yea vs a really good marth you have to wait it out a littile bit. You being very patient when you play is going to be a good part in this match up. Try and wait for a marth to do a full jumped f-air then land with a f-air then punish his lag with a running jump-cancled grab. Same when you block a forward smash. go for a jump out of shield knee or a Wavedash out of shield grab. Littile stuff like that. If there is anything else i did not help you with im sorry i have to go to work.

Sorry
and remember dont get ripped

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
The fastest possible way to get out of a grab would be to press the joystick back and forth as fast as you can possibly do (if you have a fast dash dance this is easy with the thumb). All of the other buttons have no effect when you're grabed. If you're holding up when you break out you don't just "push" the graber away, you kind of jump away from the graber (I think). It's kind of weird...

*Edit, This is according to European DI I think...

**Edit, Gabe's a beast...

audreyh

Smash Ace
how do you play against an extemely patient sheik. i play aesis who's one of the best in socal... the battle gets really slow cuz i like to be patient and defensive too, but sheiks just better at being defensive and patient so i try and trick him into doing somehing but i always get owned over.

G@BE

Smash Lord
how do you play against an extemely patient sheik. i play aesis who's one of the best in socal... the battle gets really slow cuz i like to be patient and defensive too, but sheiks just better at being defensive and patient so i try and trick him into doing somehing but i always get owned over.
You need to be the most patient pesron till the point were he says **** this im bored and try to rush you. then trick him ^_^

technomancer

Smash Champion
Edit: woot you answered my question.. I guess I should go read AngeloBangelo's guide before I post here again lol

G@BE

Smash Lord
Hey Gabe, I gots one for you: I'm having trouble connecting and comboing my Nairs recently, particularly off of Uthrow -> full jumps and Dthrows at low percents and high percents, particularly against Samus, and sometimes Peach and Marth. What's the low down on nair combos?

What I think I know:
Press A fast, and FF as soon as possible to make sure you hit w/ both and to get mo' speeds.
L-cancel and chase with more nairs, uairs, or knees.

The peach particularly has terrible DI, so I don't think thats the issue. Samus tends to nair me no matter what, Dthrow, Uthrow, whatever percents.

Because of this, I'm having serious trouble finishing Samus and Peach on big stages, cuz I can't sex up the knee combo and stuff like stomp->knee and raptor boost -> knee stops working at the vital percents on floaties. Also having issues with accidently hitting them behind me with the nair.

Well on Marth you want to aim to hit them with the tips of your n-airs. You should always try to aim for getting both of the kicks out. that will help out alot more becuase they can set up nicely for a knee or more n-air/up-airs what ever you like. (knee if better if you want to kill them lawllz)

Good Peaches have very very very good DI. If people know how to play vs a Falcon well they will DI hard up or very hard away to try to avoid being hit by a knee or what ever you can toss at them.

The reason i think they are going behind you is becuase your not hitting with the tip of it they will go forward if you get the tiped n-air on them.

If the raptor bost to knee and the stomp to knee are not working go for the classic down-throw knee it will most likely work or a down throw up-air frenzy always works for me ^_^

Patients is the key to winning any fight ^_^
Thanks for reading, and remember: Don’t get Ripped, by the Riptide!

Pyro Fool

Smash Rookie
Ok, I have one. What is the best technique to use if falcon is facing someone who is light on their feet? Um, light weight character who can run pretty fast. (Sheik, Fox, etc.)

Overall: What technique is best to kill other fast characters?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Good Techchasing with falcon is all you can really do vs a shiek really. I wish there was more to do. Grabs and well placed attacks.

I would give you the same generic advice every falcon would give you. (D-throw, knee at this precent) but i wont. Just look for grab oppertunitiys which are very key to you winning the Sheik fight. The same with Fox.

Sheik you can do an Up-throw chain grab on them for a short time. The same with fox when he is like at 50% i think.

Please tell me if you are looking for somthing more specific.

audreyh

Smash Ace
tell me everything you can tell me about the falco matchup

;)

by the way, to chainthrow sheik you dthrow, they can jump out of the uthrow chain throw easily after a few percent. when they finally DI away the dthrow, techchase to another grab

G@BE

Smash Lord
by the way, to chainthrow sheik you dthrow, they can jump out of the uthrow chain throw easily after a few percent. when they finally DI away the dthrow, techchase to another grab
you can also up throw a sheik to chain grab. It may not be as effective but people dont look for that so it might work. And yes you can down throw a sheik to chain grab as well..

Falco soon to come when i get food in me bellyzzz

G@BE

Smash Lord
Falco aside from Sheik is probably the hardiest match up to play that and fox >.>

basically those 3 have it out for falcon. So!
there is nothing you can do they rule this video game! jk jk jk jk <3

OK for Falco
Alot of the time i tend to like to come from above and hit them. As in things such as Full jumped falling N-airs or up-airs. Since Falco likes to stay at the bottom of the stage and spam lasers and other junk you need to try and come from above to take out this bird. A big thing you also have to worry about falco is his Shine. A good way to avoid this is by ROLLING!!! most people dont ever think about it and wonder why the hell there getting hit by it so much. Its becuase the try to jump out of there shield or grab the Falco. THATS A BIG NO NO! they shine you die.:p :laugh:
Rolling out of the way is the best thing to do along with wave dashing backwards from them out of shield -=Shield Dash=-
If you do manage to grab Falco up throws are nice to do in hope of a tech chased grab or other sorts of stuffs. I usally go for another grab then a D-throw to down smash(fast fallers like to tech in place alot this works very well)

If there are anymore questions for me please ask. Im hyper right now so ill probably get back to you really quickly. Oh and if all possible could you rate my advice. I wonder some times if i give **** or gold. Well not gold but you know what i mean >.>

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
Coming from is a pretty good idea but couldn't he just upsmash, wavedash back or even sheild grab, a laserspamming falco are usaly always ready to do somthing except when they are in the air doing the laser.(sorry for the spelling im at school right now and the keyboard sucks hard.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Question, how do you do a knee from the ledge? (while hanging on the ledge, once you get back to the platform, you do a knee)

sorry for the noobish question, i know how to shffl and all but this, i really dont know :lol:

G@BE

Smash Lord
Lightly Tap down on your joy stick then jump kinda quickly. To get back on the ledge and to go with it. C-stick or use the joy stick to do a f-air.

Practice getting on the ledge first. Work on that till you can get on it every time then you can do stuff like up-airs,.....well really and areial getting back on the stage.

waks

Smash Journeyman
oh i see, thanks. Maybe thats why they dont look like dropping down from the ledge. When I see this getting done, it looks exactly as if they are doing them directly from the ledge. (you know what i mean :p )

Sighrax

Smash Lord
i just want to post this its from a sweet *** gamefaqs guide

WHY! You want to know WHY Captain Falcon's 'The Man'? Well I'll
tell ya!
Captain Falcon...
+ is really fast.
+ packs a punch.
+ takes a few punches.
+ has all the right moves.

G@BE

Smash Lord
i just want to post this its from a sweet *** gamefaqs guide

WHY! You want to know WHY Captain Falcon's 'The Man'? Well I'll
tell ya!
Captain Falcon...
+ is really fast.
+ packs a punch.
+ takes a few punches.
+ has all the right moves.
heh.... >.>
+rep for you

oh i see, thanks. Maybe thats why they dont look like dropping down from the ledge. When I see this getting done, it looks exactly as if they are doing them directly from the ledge. (you know what i mean :p )
Helping people is awesome.
+rep for you ^_^

audreyh

Smash Ace
vs jigglypuff? most good jiggs don't forward b against a falcon cuz its easy to just be defensive and grab a jiggs outa his forward b. tell me more

G@BE

Smash Lord
Vs jiggs you kinda have to keep your distance cuz she likes to grab and **** you with each and every grab op she gets. Grabs and lots of up airs on jiggs are very good to do also jiggs likes to get ***** really hard out of a down throw to Knee combo. She dies at 60%

If you need anything else just please ask!?!?!?!?!

Sighrax

Smash Lord
one of my good friends mains jiggs, the fights are like this:

Almost always try to open with a dair. (yes, it's my favorite move of falcon's, but ****it, it's effective). Jiggs is really easy to tech read, since her tech rolls are slow and terrible, so usually you can either A. Follow with another dair or B. Fair. Be careful of dthrow to fair. Some jiggs will rest you out of this. If you know for a fact that the jigg player can do this, dthrow to nair or even empty short hopping it is effective.

I played KillaOR in 4 friends at mlg orlando. He beat me every time one stock. Basically I've seen ~3 types of jiggs.

1. Bair spam garbage. These are tough to approach but usually are suspect to being grabbed right as they land. Uair is also a great tool for this fight.
2. Ducking (KillaOR) **** this was tough. I could only use a lot of dair and the best way to kill him (he has crazy DI, ask him about it) was to go way offstage while he was recovering and Uair him.
3. Rest crazy - These are really tough. These jiggly player KNOW THE MATCHUP. They edgehog always. They like to ledgehop rest you. They are a pain in the ***. Kill them with fair ASAP.

D:~

G@BE

Smash Lord
Watch out for them trying to roll into you, You will get hurt pretty bad if you get caught by that. It means there looking for a good rest opp

audreyh

Smash Ace
quickly... mmmm which way do you DI to get out of peach's floating dair to nair combo

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Heyy, another question:

Do you have any tips for facing Roy? Especially on getting around his d-tilt to forward smash and those freaking >B combo things.

Any tips of fighting gannon too?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Ganon gets n-air combo'd really really easyly try chain those on him. You also dont want to get to far away from ganon if you can stay on him like glue. Maybe its just me i always seem to over estimate the reach of ganon's f-air so i get punished by it.

Roy gets owned by falcon if you can n-air spam as well. After each n-air try doing a forward tilt in the direction they are facing it usally will hit them. and Up throw to knee works on roy at 90 or so... same as ganon.

When there spaming the over B combo try rolling away dont roll behind them, good roy players know to f-smash as soon as someone does that.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Usually I just try to go from nair- uair and see where he goes from there.. I'll try just chaining nairs.. I thought it was just me that always took Gannon's fairs to the face >.<
I was doing very badly earlier but then I tried to grab a ton more cause he was shield camping as I frantically spammed nairs at him.. So that was helpful..

Hmm, I never tried F-tilting them after a nair.. I guess I assumed it was too slow.. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks for the advice :]

audreyh

Smash Ace
the uairs don't always work. you can start an nair chain on a standing ganon at ridiculously low %, where uairs wouldn't do anything to him. you've gota shffl really qiuck though

Top Bottom