• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I want a port of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Switch. Had a lot of fun with that one on the Wii U.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You can’t see it but I’m giving you the stink eye. The characters literally have the same name! Devote resources to someone else who’s completely unique rather than someone who’s only kind of unique.
Yes because that’s gonna convince me otherwise. And he’s not the only new character I have, but if you’re so insistent then who should I replace him with then?

to be real all the spider-men are the same with there own individual differences, in my opinion, they don't need to do any special for miles but that's just me
heck this is all hypothetical anyways so meh
I don’t really see much of a point if he’s just gonna emulate Peter, shouldn’t be a skin cause he’s younger and proportionally different. It’d be an opportunity to do some more creative stuff with the spider powers as well

D

Deleted member

I love how almost everyone in a Smash forum social thread started speculating about the roster of a hypothetical Marvel 4. That's what happens when you don't reveal a character in six months.
To be fair, its an interesting topic and at least we can hope that more Marvel properties are used.
YEAH BOY, IT'S TIME FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT...

Ah, good ol' Vergey-boy. The guy who had the whole world with Smash, and yet to fall the same way he got up. Look, I really don't like to **** on the guy, but ever since VGAs - to combine his already-shaky cred aside from base Smash - it seems like the End of Evangelion.

"Just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooown…"

So, let's go over what my main points of contention are. I'm not gonna go over every single point, but I wanna just comment on the ones that are immediate red flags. First off, the safe bets. In regards to Janemba in DBFZ, that had already been leaked out by itself, so just saying when the trailer is gonna be during E3 doesn't hold a strong point. It's like saying there'll be a Halo Infinite trailer at E3, WATCH OUT EVERYONE, THE GUNS BE BLAZIN'!

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Pikmin 3 are honestly just piggybacking off of what so many insiders have been saying. We KEEP on hearing those games are coming, but it's always a factor of WHEN. We already have info thanks to Spawn Wave and NateDrake that the Metroid Prime Trilogy has already been completed before the VGAs, Nintendo just doesn't know when to put it out, it seems like, so that point really is sort of mute.

This also goes for the same thing for Resident Evil 3 Remake. We keep on hearing about it, but we don't know WHEN they'll announce it. And to be honest, it took them quite a while before saying Resident Evil 2 Remake was a thing, so with it JUST coming out this year in January, I really don't think we're gonna hear about it for a while. RE2 Remake hasn't even been out for a half of a year.

Now, here are some things that I DEFINITELY ain't gonna buy for a second. Let's talk about Marvel VS. Capcom 4, which real talk, ain't happening for a long time. It's honestly become a meme, at this point. Yeah, we now finally have the Fox Deal done with and Capcom can use the X-Men, and it's shown with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, but with how much of a setback Infinite was for Capcom, and even Marvel and Disney, why would Capcom go up to those two again and think the two will be down for throwing more money after what happened with Infinite? Now normally this wouldn't have been the main detracting point, but I wonder why there were 4 Marvel characters and 2 Capcom characters for DLC, at the same time.

And even taking account with Street Fighter VI, it JUST had Arcade Edition alongside their season passes. Oddly enough, to give credit where credit is due, currently there seems to be SOMETHING in the works, if we're going off of a theory Maxmillian Dood and the others have, in regards to Capcom and their fighting game's future have been a huge topic of debate even amongst the FGC, be it Maximillian Dood's stream or otherwise, and I highly recommend looking into Max's most recent real talk on the topic.

Now, I'll say something that is totally a bogus call as in, "yeah, we KNOW this", and that's Ori coming to Switch. There has already been a UK wholesale database leak for it, so I see this being honestly just another safe bet and trying to cling on what PolarPanda and NateDrake have in terms of the Microsoft rumor train. Also, I was wrong about the leak coming from Australia, so my apologies. I also feel Viewtiful Joe 3 is just a random call to connect the dots with what PlatinumGames' current plans are, and with how really, it's an Okami-level franchise, I can only see a HD re-release of 1 & 2. I don't think with the current climate, a third one would be on the horizon.

Monster Hunter for Switch can honestly go either way, but if you ask me, it seems as if the current mindset and train that Capcom has currently for ANYTHING MH-related would be World. They're making Iceborne such a BIG deal and it's become their most successful game yet. If anything, I think a cloud version or port of Monster Hunter World coming to Switch would be the route to go, instead of making an ENTIRELY NEW Monster Hunter. There was a reason Capcom ported Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate to Switch, after all.

Those are my thoughts going into this, since the rest of it just feels like "I've heard... something I've heard". It honestly just feels like a bunch of calls all at once to try and see what sticks in another attempt to try and save some more face after the Erdrick call and VGAs.
Agree with you until a certain point. Financial results from Capcom indicated more titles coming with RE engine coming, its a safe bet but one that is quite logical.

MH also has good chances of coming to Switch given how relatively successful the game is in portable consoles. Dunno if its a port of World, but I can imagine something along the lines of a Monster Hunter World Portable just like previous entries in the series. Now if its more like World, like 4 or Generations remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes because that’s gonna convince me otherwise. And he’s not the only new character I have, but if you’re so insistent then who should I replace him with then?

I don’t really see much of a point if he’s just gonna emulate Peter, shouldn’t be a skin cause he’s younger and proportionally different. It’d be an opportunity to do some more creative stuff with the spider powers as well
Vision. Scarlet Witch. Ant-Man. Quicksilver. Blade. Punisher. Daredevil. Black Bolt. Namor. Wonder Man. Baymax. Need I go on?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So some changes in MvC4 I had in mind:

• Parker Spider-Man would be more based of his PS4 incarnation (default suit with the white spider as a costume) and incorporate some of his moves and gadgets from that game
  • Mega Man and Roll would have their MM11 designs where MM would have a few attacks and gear powers from that game while Roll would take after her broom based play style from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with a few of her buster attacks
  • Dante would take after DMCV with his 3 look as a costume and his weapons set would take after that game
  • Thanos would wield his double bladed sword in this incarnation

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Agree with you until a certain point. Financial results from Capcom indicated more titles coming with RE engine coming, its a safe bet but one that is quite logical.

MH also has good chances of coming to Switch given how relatively successful the game is in portable consoles. Dunno if its a port of World, but I can imagine something along the lines of a Monster Hunter World Portable just like previous entries in the series. Now if its more like World, like 4 or Generations remains to be seen.
Oh, I for sure vibe with you on more RE games coming, but what I mean about Resident Evil 3 Remake is to give RE2 Remake some breathing room, at the least. We've been hearing RE3 Remake this and that, and no doubt that'll be the case most likely, but where I'm coming from is to give RE2 some time to settle in, and then say like late this year development can begin after all the executive pitching and money shuffling is done with. Pre-development, essentially.

Now where I'm coming from with Monster Hunter is that normally there has always been one MH game periodically and has massive marketing focus, be it 4 Ultimate, Double Cross or otherwise. With World being such a gigantic success for them, no doubt they wanna keep the stride going, so to then make another game exclusive to the Switch, my thing is "how can you balance two of these with one having such a massive focus and audience and get them to buy this other game that could very possibly be drastically different/also buy a Switch for it?" It's true that the Switch is making massive moves - most recently beating the PS4 in Japan, so it'll no doubt have some leverage there. But we're talking about almost a whole new game and engine that isn't on the lines of Generations Ultimate or World, possibly.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Vision. Scarlet Witch. Ant-Man. Quicksilver. Blade. Punisher. Daredevil. Black Bolt. Namor. Wonder Man. Baymax. Need I go on?
I have a few of those characters already, (forgot to add that Ant-Man and Wasp would be joint characters)

Give me a few Capcom characters to balance them out too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do you ever look at one of your parents and think “god. They are everything I hate about myself distilled and amplified. From their personality to their body.”
Nah.

I have a better body.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So some changes in MvC4 I had in mind:
  • Dante would take after DMCV with his 3 look as a costume and his weapons set would take after that game
Hmm, I dunno about this one.
DMC3 Dante using DMC5 weapons would be kinda weird. Plus, he wouldn't have Nevan and Artemis.

Plus, it's safe to assume DMC5 Nero could represent DMC5 already considering he's basically just DMC4 Nero + a bunch of stuff.
Also it's 5, not V.

D

Deleted member

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pr...ive-spoilers-particularly-mcu-related.117795/

Endgame spoilers, but uh

This has to be one of the strangest ResetERA thread premises I've ever read.

Fortunately I still have my faith in humanity as a whole because literally everyone except the thread creator and like one other devil's advocate thought it was unimaginably stupid too even on there.

But WHEEEEEEW
That's, uh...hmm.

Can't say I agree with that there. Methinks they're over thinking the line.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pr...ive-spoilers-particularly-mcu-related.117795/

Endgame spoilers, but uh

Fortunately I still have my faith in humanity as a whole because literally everyone except the thread creator and like one other devil's advocate thought it was unimaginably stupid too even on there.

But WHEEEEEEW
shock.PNG

this has to be a troll. Nobody could actually think like this.

right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they MVC4, or MVC5 however they want to name it. Just make sure most of the characters from Marvel 3 and Marvel Infinite comeback. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Venom, Iron Man, Captain America, ect ect. Capcom has Ryu, Chun-Li, Mega Man X, Zero, Tron, Dante, Vergil, Ammy, Morrigan ect ect.

Just add Nero and Carnage/Green Goblin.

Also, if they can make X-23 different enough from Wolverine, or Hulk from She-Hulk, or Akuma from Ryu, they can make Spider-Man 2099 or Miles different enough from Spider-Man, or Two Mega Men, or Iron Man and War Machine.

Spencer, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Frank West can all take a hike though.

D

Deleted member

I forgot to show you all this video.
I wonder when they will patch these glitches?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm imagining it, and it's stupid.

I don't want Ruby Heart or Amingo or Cyber Akuma or Dhalsim or Bone Claw Wolverine or Red Venom or War Machine...

Or Gold War Machine.
Respect all Symbiotes and War Machine

Shroob

Sup?
If they MVC4, or MVC5 however they want to name it. Just make sure most of the characters from Marvel 3 and Marvel Infinite comeback. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Venom, Iron Man, Captain America, ect ect. Capcom has Ryu, Chun-Li, Mega Man X, Zero, Tron, Dante, Vergil, Ammy, Morrigan ect ect.

Just add Nero and Carnage/Green Goblin.

Also, if they can make X-23 different enough from Wolverine, or Hulk from She-Hulk, or Akuma from Ryu, they can make Spider-Man 2099 or Miles different enough from Spider-Man, or Two Mega Men, or Iron Man and War Machine.

Spencer, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Frank West can all take a hike though.
Excuse me.

He's covered wars, ya'know.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Hm, y'know, I never really gave it that much thought, but I think Cloud might be the one character Sakurai and the development team over at Nintendo and Bandai might be the farthest they've gone, when it comes to replicating their original design into the game.

Looking back at the FFVII Remake of Cloud and comparing him to Smash For/Ultimate, they seem to have completely toned down the fact that Cloud had some MC Hammer JNCO jeans. Same goes with the belt buckle and design of the belt, in general.

I dunno, just an interesting fact as we head to the full reveal of FFVII Remake.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Endgame spoilers, but uh

But WHEEEEEEW
You can sort of assume that, as this is largely a philosophical discussion, there may be references to key plot points in media that you have not yet consumed. Please take this as a hint to educate yourself more fully. I don't have time to wait for you to catch up with To Kill a Mockingbird or Catcher in the Rye. Just do your homework.

Oh how people's stupidity never fails to impress me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What we need for mvc4 is Phoenix and maybe edgeworth working with gumshoo. That be sweet to see, maybe even bring Kay in.

D

Deleted member

Hm, y'know, I never really gave it that much thought, but I think Cloud might be the one character Sakurai and the development team over at Nintendo and Bandai might be the farthest they've gone, when it comes to replicating their original design into the game.

Looking back at the FFVII Remake of Cloud and comparing him to Smash For/Ultimate, they seem to have completely toned down the fact that Cloud had some MC Hammer JNCO jeans. Same goes with the belt buckle and design of the belt, in general.

I dunno, just an interesting fact as we head to the full reveal of FFVII Remake.
I agree. I think they did a really good job replicating Richter's box art design in his Ultimate render as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Smash's Cloud seems like a middle ground between the remake/modern Cloud and Classic. Smash's matches the top half of the design a bit more, while the Remake matches the bottom half more, and Smash's Cloud has a color scheme more inline with the in-game model for the PS1, being a brighter purple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno why but for the longest time I thought Winter Soldier was referring to Cap, not Bucky.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The last two can stay and so can Spencer if he gets his Rearmed 2 design.
Maybe. But if I was in charge of the game, I'm more than willing to yeet Spencer out of the roster for literally any other Capcom character.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Also, if anything going into FFVII Remake, Vincent and Yuffie aren't going to be optional characters, they're absolutely going to be characters that will be main stays and locked in.

That being said, it will then mean that how to tell the story during their possible chances will have to change drastically. I'm very curious to see how they'll tackle revisiting the Shinra Mansion and implementing all of Wutai.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, it's a shame most of Cloud's alt colors are still lame and hard to tell from one another. I still think he and Pac-Man got the short end of the stick.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

If only Cloud was as pimped out as Joker is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom