• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Making? I could have sworn that they already did.

But that's another adaptation of the movie, this is just legit a new titanic game

Bet there will be a scene where you go like that one scene in Homecoming where spiderman tries to pull the whole ship back together

D

Deleted member

My point remains the same. The information has been used poorly enough in the past that we do not allow it as public knowledge. It doesn't mean we haven no faith in you guys specifically. It means we tread carefully regardless. Trolls have come on here more than once. We've had a specific user make multiple accounts to harass Graizen. It's been proven this kind of information is too useful to people who aren't willing to treat it correctly. The chances are not worth it. That's why we have kept it private for a very long time now.
i understand that there are trolls, and i understand that they may abuse something like that

but there will always be trolls, and there will always be ****ty people out there who'll harass others

you can't shut down all discussion on a particular topic because of trolls

that was the reason given when y'all tried to ban all talk on gender identity, after all

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I never heard of that. Welp. It might be what I said though, the permissions(A.K.A. roles) are mucked up, which caused it. Or maybe I missed something. I dunno. Thanks for clearing it up, though.
It's what faygo said. When someone has 3 or more points, the "posting probation" system that's used for things like preventing access to the competitive section kicks in. But due to how user groups work, the name colour for that (which is the default) ends up overriding the colour for premium and pranked users. I don't think it's possible to change this without breaking the posting probation system, so I guess it's stuck like that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i understand that there are trolls, and i understand that they may abuse something like that

but there will always be trolls, and there will always be ****ty people out there who'll harass others

that was the reason given when y'all tried to ban all talk on gender identity, after all
“Punished faygo
VERSUS
The Crimson Chinderblock”
-Smash 64 announcer

Ah the good old days

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

People weren't trying to ban talk on gender identity. People were trying to ban talk about gender politics, which is about things like rights and such. Very different story. I am not going to argue if it was the right thing to do.

However, we can ban talk due to trolls existing. If we deem something to be problematic when talked about, we remove it as a subject. This is not weird, honestly. As the creators of SB, we have our own specific ruleset. I won't argue it's the "correct" method or anything like that. Just that we do own the forums and create the rules. It's only natural we control the flow of it.

It's what faygo said. When someone has 3 or more points, the "posting probation" system that's used for things like preventing access to the competitive section kicks in. But due to how user groups work, the name colour for that (which is the default) ends up overriding the colour for premium and pranked users. I don't think it's possible to change this without breaking the posting probation system, so I guess it's stuck like that.
Well, I wasn't wrong that it's actually an error overall. But thanks for noting that.

Going to talk to you privately beyond this, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
“Punished faygo
VERSUS
The Crimson Chinderblock”
-Smash 64 announcer

Ah the good old days
brings me back to space stranger vs opossum

nostalgia hits ya with that exploding potato salad and ****posting ban

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
How the **** do you beat a titanic game?
Last time I checked you just gotta solve a bunch of puzzles.

1558529471745.png

If you're legit hungry for kfc then we've lost hope
More for me.

ok i guess you love grease

If I deadass wanted chicken I'd go to chic fil a or canes/zaxbys
Also fair options.

I see.

kazuma_sip.jpg

Well I've made it seven years and change without racking up a full set of ban points, I feel like I can make it a few weeks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People weren't trying to ban talk on gender identity. People were trying to ban talk about gender politics, which is about things like rights and such. Very different story. I am not going to argue if it was the right thing to do.
I would've done it.

It's not censoring I don't think because you're removing both sides of the argument from talk instead of just one. It's completely neutral :drshrug:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would've done it.

It's not censoring I don't think because you're removing both sides of the argument from talk instead of just one. It's completely neutral :drshrug:
Except by taking that stance, you're admitting to thinking human rights are a matter of debate instead of something with a blatant right and wrong side.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As the creators of SB, we have our own specific ruleset. I won't argue it's the "correct" method or anything like that. Just that we do own the forums and create the rules. It's only natural we control the flow of it.
With all due respect, I don’t know if calling the lot of you “the creators of SB” is really much of a leverage point...

Also are you really one? :foe!:

D

Deleted member

However, we can ban talk due to trolls existing. If we deem something to be problematic when talked about, we remove it as a subject. This is not weird, honestly. As the creators of SB, we have our own specific ruleset. I won't argue it's the "correct" method or anything like that. Just that we do own the forums and create the rules. It's only natural we control the flow of it.
again, this is a big ol might be problematic rather then it actually fundamentally being a problematic topic

considering that y'all are okay with trans rights being up for debate i would be sure that y'all would be fine with people talking about their points considering it's hella less volatile

D

Deleted member

If people want to talk about this kind of thing, why not use the part of the site made for it?

There's a whole section of the site dedicated to politics. If y'all wanna get into it, I'd say just go there.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Shuffling my Spotify playlist Just gave me Rasputin, raising several questions, such as:
1. Why is this in my playlist?
2. Why did I bit recognise it before they started singing?
3. Why was this song made?
4. Why don't I constantly listen to this?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Except by taking that stance, you're admitting to thinking human rights are a matter of debate instead of something with a blatant right and wrong side.
Yes but a thread about a video game doesn't seem like the right place to preach an agenda whether it's politically correct or not. People's opinions clash hard and it pretty much is debate if people are debating over it in some rally or protest. Go to any youtube comment section with politics and you see people doing it loud and proud.

No politics is in the rules, and we got places where you can talk of it. It doesnt seem that complicated for me Opo :186:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If people want to talk about this kind of thing, why not use the part of the site made for it?

There's a whole section of the site dedicated to politics. If y'all wanna get into it, I'd say just go there.
because my existence should not be a fundamentally political topic man

**** sucks

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would've done it.

I'd argue there's no such thing as completely neutral censoring on legitimate arguments about human rights, because ceasing the discussion about them is what one side wants to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom