• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Because it shouldn't be known when a user could potentially be banned. That's solely something only the Moderation is privy to knowledge-wise. In addition, if a user wants to know their own points, they can ask via PM.

For the case of shaming, please just report it when it comes up. It's not necessary to shame people. The moderation can handle the situation instead of people trying to handle a user that has issues at times. In many cases, too many people reply and ones with more mental-related issues are harder to deal with than general advice. Some feel pressured by a ton of tags. It's not that the idea of helping people is unappreciated, but it also has to be handled very delicately. Every issue has context too, but not everything should be responded to either.

It's kind of hard to explain this, admittedly.
But apparently, there's literally a feature that outs Premium users with enough points, which isn't just ironic that the site itself does it but also, if shaming is the issue, that would discourage people from getting Premium in the first place.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that's my main issue here
if the user in question wants to tell people that they may be banned or that they have x amount of points, why is that a problem?
Because it's not public knowledge that should be allowed. Besides shaming, as you noted before, we don't want talk of trying to ban other users. That knowledge can and has been used poorly. It's really none of anyone else's business whatsoever beyond the user with those points and the Moderation. It's sensitive information to begin with.

Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of greying out premium people then? Seems hella inconsistent to me ngl
...What's greying out premium people? I never heard of this, honestly. If you're referring to Redfeatherraven, username colors are not working correctly. Any warnings/infractions are entirely unrelated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because it's not public knowledge that should be allowed. Besides shaming, as you noted before, we don't want talk of trying to ban other users. That knowledge can and has been used poorly. It's really none of anyone else's business whatsoever beyond the user with those points and the Moderation. It's sensitive information to begin with.

...What's greying out premium people? I never heard of this, honestly. If you're referring to Redfeatherraven, username colors are not working correctly. Any warnings/infractions are entirely unrelated.
Didn't it JUST get said that the name issue was permission-based on the previous page?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But apparently, there's literally a feature that outs Premium users with enough points, which isn't just ironic that the site itself does it but also, if shaming is the issue, that would discourage people from getting Premium in the first place.
No there isn't. It's a literal name-coloring error. We've had this happen multiple times.

Didn't it JUST get said that the name issue was permission-based on the previous page?
It has nothing to do with infractions, though. Permissions are the term referred to on what type of "name" you have, like GRimer, Moderator, etc. It's unrelated to infractions in this context.

It's kind of a bad term for it, admittedly, but it's the Permissions of what name color relates to the actual "names" I mentioned above. It's basically coding being wonky again. I believe Moydow Moydow can explain this way better. I just remember from my previous handling of forums and Discord as an Admin that this directly is related to "names"(seriously, there needs to be a better term for this. They aren't Titles. They aren't names either. I think that's exactly what they're supposed to be called, Permissions. I have never been an Admin on Xenforo, so I can't confirm if this is the exact coding term for it).

For a good example of what I mean, Roles is a thing in Discord. Permissions are the equivalent to that. Of course, I could be off(I'm sure Moydow knows it better than I do), but this is how I know the situation as right now. Since I've dealt with the exact same type of thing. Name colors and such.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
tenor.png

Honestly y'all I ain't worried bout the non-blue name bit.

Whatever the reason it sounds like it's gonna get sorted eventually and that's all I need to hear.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"I don't give a ****. If it's as big as a horse, put a ****ing saddle on it."
notsurethatshowthatssupposedtoworkbutok.png

I mean I'm not sure that's how that's supposed to work but I can pat 80's toy designers on the back for having bravado.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

that's the thing, you keep talking about "sensitive information" and that it shouldn't be public knowledge but i ask you again

if the user in question, the person actually affected by it, wants it to be public knowledge, then what's the issue?

like who are they publicly shaming lmao
themselves?

like during my first ban all it lead to was a dose of healthy memeing rather than anything malicious and if it does invite such malicious topics (which, again, i highly doubt it would) could the user simply not report the offenders?
...What's greying out premium people? I never heard of this, honestly.
moy said a while ago that premium users with upwards of 3 points don't get a blue name

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that's the thing, you keep talking about "sensitive information" and that it shouldn't be public knowledge but i ask you again

if the user in question, the person actually affected by it, wants it to be public knowledge, then what's the issue?

like who are they publicly shaming lmao
themselves?

like during my first ban all it lead to was a dose of healthy memeing rather than anything malicious and if it does invite such malicious topics (which, again, i highly doubt it would) could the user simply not report the offenders?
Let me put it this way; what is the use for other people to know how many points you have? They can either ignore it, use it so they can try and speak for you to remove a few points, use it to shame a person, or use it so they can avoid reporting problematic people. The first one is precisely what it should be. The second one is only useful if it's brought up in private or forum support. The last two are problematic and something we want to avoid. We discourage clique behavior as well as mob mentality too. Any information that can be used for this has to be treated carefully.

moy said a while ago that premium users with upwards of 3 points don't get a blue name
I never heard of that. Welp. It might be what I said though, the permissions(A.K.A. roles) are mucked up, which caused it. Or maybe I missed something. I dunno. Thanks for clearing it up, though.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.
I'm feeling a little better today. I hope I can have an okay day.

D

Deleted member

Let me put it this way; what is the use for other people to know how many points you have? They can either ignore it, use it so they can try and speak for you to remove a few points, use it to shame a person, or use it so they can avoid reporting problematic people. The first one is precisely what it should be. The second one is only useful if it's brought up in private or forum support. The last two are problematic and something we want to avoid. We discourage clique behavior as well as mob mentality too. Any information that can be used for this has to be treated carefully.
or they could just lowkey
"ayo how many points you got?"
"like 5"
"damn be careful"

like it ain't that deep lmao
preemptive bans on topics because a user might be harassed don't make logical sense

like it's not just posts about the number of points but also posts like "damn so-and-so got banned" are also getting removed for like, no reason

this isn't a clique, it's a forum where many of the users have gotten close to each other, and i believe that if said users want to tell their friends about information pertaining to them, then they should be able to without fear of being silenced

like i get that it's not y'alls intention but **** feels like a "don't talk about the state in the state" situation

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well I just had the worst morning.

Gastroenteritis hits a little too hard :emptysheep:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
or they could just lowkey
"ayo how many points you got?"
"like 5"
"damn be careful"

like it ain't that deep lmao
preemptive bans on topics because a user might be harassed don't make logical sense

like it's not just posts about the number of points but also posts like "damn so-and-so got banned" are also getting removed for like, no reason

this isn't a clique, it's a forum where many of the users have gotten close to each other, and i believe that if said users want to tell their friends about information pertaining to them, then they should be able to without fear of being silenced

like i get that it's not y'alls intention but **** feels like a "don't talk about the state in the state" situation
My point remains the same. The information has been used poorly enough in the past that we do not allow it as public knowledge. It doesn't mean we haven no faith in you guys specifically. It means we tread carefully regardless. Trolls have come on here more than once. We've had a specific user make multiple accounts to harass Graizen. It's been proven this kind of information is too useful to people who aren't willing to treat it correctly. The chances are not worth it. That's why we have kept it private for a very long time now.

To be honest, if a user decides to release that information(which they'd need to ask a Mod privately to even get anyway), which hasn't happened at any point I've ever seen(I'm sure it's happened before), I can't tell you what the official answer is in how we'd deal with it if the user specifically posts it here. I can tell you why the Moderation refuses to give it out publicly, though. Or already did tell you. This could change, sure. But as of now, that's the answer of why we don't release it publicly. I won't say this is some permanent ruling, but we do have good reasons to be careful. You don't have to believe them or accept them, but that doesn't make them less true.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
**** off, I already bought Skyrim, Todd!

What else do you want me to buy it on, an Atari 2600? A fridge? A nuclear missile?!
Buy Fallout 76 so that Todd can make Fallout 76: Battle Royal.

Like imagine...
now imagine.gif

Fallout...but with fortnite, and dragons, tons of dragons.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Buy Fallout 76 so that Todd can make Fallout 76: Battle Royal.

Like imagine...
View attachment 223344
Fallout...but with fortnite, and dragons, tons of dragons.
Todd Howard is the next DLC character. You have to be brave to release Fallout 76 the way it is.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait I just read the description why are they making a video game about the tragedy of the titanic
Why'd they make a movie about it?

Why'd they make a movie about it with a rapping dog?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why'd they make a movie about it?

Why'd they make a movie about it with a rapping dog?
A movie makes sense because it's dramatic and movies can always have bad ends

How the **** do you beat a titanic game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom