• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Look at the Bayonetta trailers and websites for Bayo and Wonderful. Platinum is no where in the copyright disclaimer. Just SEGA and Nintendo. Now look at Astral Chain. It’s sight attributes to copyright to Nintendo/PlatinumGames the same way Pokémon is attributed to Nintendo/GameFreak.

They can certainly make ports. Absolutely. But if it was one of Wonderful 101, Nintendo (the IP owner) would be publishing.
Yeah, but I was talking about the 101 port. Nintendo is basically through the Wii U at the switch, I’m sure that a w101 port is likely and not u likely. Especially since mario male shows games that use the game pad can be reworked.

It feels more like a when rather then an if imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sonic let off an EMP powerful enough to knock out electronics on the entire Pacific Northwest.

According to GoNorthwest, the area has a population of around 15 million. Bump Reveal estimates that 3,978,497 babies are born every year in the United States.

Using statistics from Bliss it is estimated that about 1 in 7 babies in the UK require a neonatal unit upon their birth. Assuming this statistic translates to the United States, this would mean that 568,365 need this treatment in the US yearly.

The United States has approximately 327.2m people living there, meaning that the Pacific Northwest holds approximately 4.5% of the US population, translating to 25,576 babies needing neonatal treatment in the area yearly.

Using Bliss's statistics again, it can be seen that the average stay in the neonatal clinic for a baby is one week. Considering there are 52 weeks in a year, this means that 1/52 of this figure are in the clinics at any one time.

This translates to 491 babies in the area where Sonic the Hedgehog immediately cuts complete power and life support to. Sonic is literally a mass baby murderer.
View attachment 214945
The person who posted above me is now dead.
Would this be a good time to play the Seinfeld theme song?

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised you didn't see that story.

She saw my dogs sitting in their cages in their own poop and vomit after getting sick on something then left them there and lied about it to go **** her boyfriend.

So I told her to gtfo.
I am glad she is out of there, because that is so mean to the animals.
Who leaves animals in that situation? That is animal abuse, as faygoshill said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still want Tetris in smash. If we can get a ****ing plant, why not a block?

It could be pretty fun. At the very least a Tetris stage would be pretty cool.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I still want Tetris in smash. If we can get a ****ing plant, why not a block?

It could be pretty fun. At the very least a Tetris stage would be pretty cool.
Because you can animate a plant doing moves.

You can't animate a goddamn block doing all the actions required of Smash.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Sakurai and the team can do anything at this point.

They’ll probably make the damn thing hop around or use other blocks as body parts for all we know.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The block can rotate to be anything they need it to be. It honestly would be pretty possible imo. Tough yes, but doable.

D

Deleted member

I think the best way to represent Tetris would be to completely redesign Smash as just literally tetris with unlockable Nintendo palettes.

D

Deleted member

Ok **** it I'm coming up with a Tetris block moveset

Neutral b - block grow. The Tetris block sits still and a block drops from the sky onto it. The longer you hold b, the more blocks drop down.

Side b - block throw. The Tetris block throws one of its blocks at an opponent.

Up b - block jump. The Tetris block jumps upward, losing its blocks as it recovers.

Down b - block drop. Similar to Kirby's down b, the block smashes with all its weight into the ground.

Final Smash - block rain. Numerous Tetris blocks rain from the sky at different areas of the stage, stunning opponents with each hit.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
TBH the reason we don't have any Tetris content beyond the two songs that Nintendo has the rights to probably partly has to do with the fact that if they added any content The Tetris Company owns they'd most likely demand for it to be pulled from the game after a year or two.

Like imagine a company that makes Square Enix look like a desperate prostrating indie company and you kind of get the idea.

D

Deleted member

Ok **** it I'm coming up with a Tetris block moveset

Neutral b - block grow. The Tetris block sits still and a block drops from the sky onto it. The longer you hold b, the more blocks drop down.

Side b - block throw. The Tetris block throws one of its blocks at an opponent.

Up b - block jump. The Tetris block jumps upward, losing its blocks as it recovers.

Down b - block drop. Similar to Kirby's down b, the block smashes with all its weight into the ground.

Final Smash - block rain. Numerous Tetris blocks rain from the sky at different areas of the stage, stunning opponents with each hit.
And when it shields it's just Block Block: It just shields and the shield is made up of Tetris Blocks.

D

Deleted member

TBH the reason we don't have any Tetris content beyond the two songs that Nintendo has the rights to probably partly has to do with the fact that if they added any content The Tetris Company owns they'd most likely demand for it to be pulled from the game after a year or two.

Like imagine a company that makes Square Enix look like a desperate prostrating indie company and you kind of get the idea.
Tetris has a ton of spin offs and sold copies, so...
Makes sense. Quite a big company.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but I was talking about the 101 port. Nintendo is basically through the Wii U at the switch, I’m sure that a w101 port is likely and not u likely. Especially since mario male shows games that use the game pad can be reworked.

It feels more like a when rather then an if imo.
Oh. I see. They can certainly make one. But it’s definitely not one of the two self published projects Platinum references in that tweet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sakurai and the team can do anything at this point.

They’ll probably make the damn thing hop around or use other blocks as body parts for all we know.
They CAN do it, but it won't look smooth or natural.

Outside of stretching it like play-doh there's not much you can do to make him flow in the context of a fighting game. Look at ANY mugen moveset to see just how awful it'd look in motion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They CAN do it, but it won't look smooth or natural.

Outside of stretching it like play-doh there's not much you can do to make him flow in the context of a fighting game. Look at ANY mugen moveset to see just how awful it'd look in motion.
Mugen is a poor example though. Of course a way lower budget fighter and with less capable workers could pull that off. With a very highly trained team like Sakurai’s and Namco they could make it much smoother and realistic if they wanted to

Noipoi

Howdy!
Make a character out of it

A little man made of tetris blocks. He moves kinda choppy, like G&W. And he fights with his blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom