• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The Dragon Ball soundtrack was funky:

I’m only listening to this because it was playing in my dream for some reason.
To describe that dream, it was kinda strange. It basically like a video game screen panning over an overworld map akin to the one from Super Mario World:

But it had brighter green grass and and a bunch of smaller islands connected by bridges. Also, it was full of characters.

The characters were all chibi, they actually looked like the Dragon Quest artwork:

But they looked more like the artwork use for spriting reference:

The characters in question were all enemies I assume; there were witches, vampires and basically monsters. The Fushigi Wonderland track from Dragon Ball was playing during all of this.

I don’t really get it but it did give me an idea for a drawing.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pft, all my friends never would shut up about Saya back in the mid 2000's, and as someone who loves Eldritch horror, it never bothered me.

I've never 'played' it, I'm not one to play eroges, but I know alllllllllll about it.
Legit man, that's a game that seriously made me value head trauma protection. Anything to avoid MEAT VISION.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Pft, just wait til you experience saya no uta.

Now that is super ****ed up.
If we're gonna talk about disturbing VNs, then I feel like Subahibi takes the cake. It has an unconventional style of writing, and the feeling of dread gets worse and worse the more you continue reading it.

Shroob

Sup?
If we're gonna talk about disturbing VNs, then I feel like Subahibi takes the cake. It has an unconventional style of writing, and the feeling of dread gets worse and worse the more you continue reading it.
Never heard of this one.

For a sec, thought this was gonna be the one Doki Doki's based on(The one where the yandere confronts the actual player after being snubbed).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Never heard of this one.

For a sec, thought this was gonna be the one Doki Doki's based on(The one where the yandere confronts the actual player after being snubbed).
Subahibi is a VN that discusses many weird and disturbing topics, stuff like cult brain washing, suicide, and bullying. The first chapter is a bait and switch that tricks the reader into thinking it's a normal VN about cute girls doing cute things. The horror of reality starts hitting the reader hard starting from the second chapter. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just remembered Higurashi and how much I enjoyed it, the VN that is. The anime is entertaining but it doesn't come close to portraying the true horror that is in the VN. Part of the appeal is figuring out the mystery while the VN throws more stuff your way, while you scramble your brain as terrible stuff happens as you read. Ryukishi has a lovely habit of lowering the reader's guard with happy scenes, only to completely shock them with the scenes that come after.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just remembered Higurashi and how much I enjoyed it, the VN that is. The anime is entertaining but it doesn't come close to portraying the true horror that is in the VN. Part of the appeal is figuring out the mystery while the VN throws more stuff your way, while you scramble your brain as terrible stuff happens as you read. Ryukishi has a lovely habit of lowering the reader's guard with happy scenes, only to completely shock them with the scenes that come after.
*I'm still unhappy how Seacats ended*

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
*I'm still unhappy how Seacats ended*
I like the ending, I had mixed feelings about the ending at first but I came to love it and appreciate it much later. It's the type of ending that rewards the reader depending on how deeply he viewed the story and structure, further rereads would give the reader another perspective into the ending. Speaking of which, a new Umineko episode and a new WTC are in production, I'm pretty excited about that.

Shroob

Sup?
I like the ending, I had mixed feelings about the ending at first but I came to love it and appreciate it much later. It's the type of ending that rewards the reader depending on how deeply he viewed the story and structure, further rereads would give the reader another perspective into the ending. Speaking of which, a new Umineko episode and a new WTC are in production, I'm pretty excited about that.
Yeah but like...

I dunno, seacats was complicated for me. Not the story just, my emotional attachment to it. It was the first VN series I picked up, so back then I felt kinda... let down by the ending. :dr^_^:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
alright so that whole 16 placeholder slots in WoL thing makes for an absolutely perfect roster shape

this needs to happen on this basis alone

D

Deleted member

If we’re talking about weeb horror, I don’t have too much to add but I rememeber hearing LOADS about Saya No Uta and Higurashi back in the mid 2000s, can’t remeber if I ever got around to playing them though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Also KarneraMythos KarneraMythos maybe you can get an artist to draw those fighters. Preferably similar in style to Mortal Kombat or such :yoshi:
Funny you mention that... I draw my own content, and have been for the last decade (seriously, anyway). Thing is, I'm very lowkey about it, have insecurity issues about my stuff, and I am terribly off schedule anyway.

I also have my hands full with OC content. Not the meme kind or the fan recolor kind either. I mean actual characters with their own lore and setting. My fighter's flavor text is even a shameless reference to my main OC. That's where my account name originates. Go figure.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Phew, just woke up from a nap (a four hour nap).

You guys are talking about some weird **** tonight.
My favorite part is the angry faced crown.

I actually missed that.
I'll gladly let FemGanon to kick me on the face with Wizard's Foot
FLink is pretty subtle, but zooming in really shows her pretty face.
Zeldude actually is my fav for the creativity levels; a serious look that reminds me a bit of OoT Link. Nice haircut and real big **** energy going on.
"FLink is pretty subtle" Gee, I wonder why? :laugh:

Glad people like my Zeldude.
I know some people didn't like how Super Crown fanart made diverse Mario designs into conventional females, but it was interesting, seeing human Mario female characters that wasn't Peach derivatives.
*returns to drawing Bowsette*

Did you say something? I can't hear you over these BIG ANIME *******!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good to see some wholesomeness on this thread, considering the current convo. :laugh:
The super crown, huh? Seems everyone just wants to get horny with it honestly. I actually saw someone who did their own take on Piranha Plantette and still made it feel like a character in the Mario universe. Good stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The super crown, huh? Seems everyone just wants to get horny with it honestly. I actually saw someone who did their own take on Piranha Plantette and still made it feel like a character in the Mario universe. Good stuff.
By "the current convo", I meant "creepy horror anime/manga".

But "the Super Crown" also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom