• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also, no offense Noipoi Noipoi but Scorbunny seems to be pushed really hard by the fanbase, maybe even Nintendo considering how the starters were presented. I don't hate the bunny or anything, but like with Kirby if comes to "you MUST love it" I tend to not be receptive...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, no offense Noipoi Noipoi but Scorbunny seems to be pushed really hard by the fanbase, maybe even Nintendo considering how the starters were presented. I don't hate the bunny or anything, but like with Kirby if comes to "you MUST love it" I tend to not be receptive...
Really? I haven't noticed any pushing, at least not more than the other two.

Maybe we swim around different circles...

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Sounds like a rebel to me.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Trust me, I go to many sources for art. And even though I'm more actively trying to find Sobble art (and I appreciate all of it), Scorbunny is the big player. We can at least agree that Grookey got hit hard...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I haven’t really seen him being pushed. He seems just as popular as Sobble. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places, who knows?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Scorbunny just screams "most pushed starter" to me. I guarantee you when the anime gets to the Galar region, Scorbunny will be the first starter Ash gets.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Trust me, I go to many sources for art. And even though I'm more actively trying to find Sobble art (and I appreciate all of it), Scorbunny is the big player. We can at least agree that Grookey got hit hard...
Rip Grookey

At least it's not straight up **** on like Popplio, mostly it just goes unmentioned.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Scorbunny just screams "most pushed starter" to me. I guarantee you when the anime gets to the Galar region, Scorbunny will be the first starter Ash gets.
I'm not sure scorbunny feels like ash material. I think it could easily be with one of ash's groupies tho.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If he does get Scorbunny first, it will probably just be because Ash’s first starters in X & Y and Sun & Moon were water and grass types.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It's too early just to tell from first forms but we could have two scenarios with how the starters are treated:
- One is pushed over the other two, becoming the face of Gen 8
- Two are pushed a fair amount (but not massively), leaving the third in the dirt

Noipoi

Howdy!
In my professional opinion, if i'm being completely honest Scorbunny does have the makings to be "The pushed one". It's design easily lends itself to potential "Too cool for school" evolutions, like Greninja. And as a Chespin boi I can vouch that having your starter be pushed aside for the cool one is kinda annoying.

But on the other hand, it's fluffy.

D

Deleted member

In my professional opinion, if i'm being completely honest Scorbunny does have the makings to be "The pushed one". It's design easily lends itself to potential "Too cool for school" evolutions, like Greninja. And as a Chespin boi I can vouch that having your starter be pushed aside for the cool one is kinda annoying.

The last sentence is yes.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, if anybody is interested, Smashboards has a Minecraft Realm. SneakyLink SneakyLink can add ya,

Pretty much this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think scorbunny is more popular for people (like in art) just because it's the more defined one out of the 3.
That or people like bunnies.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Wait, was Froakie really the "cool one" at the time? It's been 5 years so memory may be off, but I thought Fennekin was considered that before the evolutions...

D

Deleted member

The starter Ash gets seems to vary a lot, sometimes Ash gets all of them but depends on his companions. Last series he got Litten and Rowlet, previous one he only got Froakie. Only guaranteed thing is all of them being part of the main roster (Ash and friends Pokemon), so I wouldn't worry about them not appearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I agree that Ash will probably get more than one Galar starter, I'm just sayin' I feel like Scorbunny will be the FIRST one he gets.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, was Froakie really the "cool one" at the time? It's been 5 years so memory may be off, but I thought Fennekin was considered that before the evolutions...
Froakie itself was generally liked, a few thought it looked kinda weird but whatever. It was Greninja that made Froakie cool, leaving even Fennekin in the dust.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Have you ever considered holding God?
I main a person that can pocket gods
Nah go ahead
well my love for animal crossing started when I was little, it was one of the few First games I have played for GC. I would wake up in the morning before I go to the bus stop, play, go to school, come back, do homework and play animal crossing all day till bed time. rince and repeat.

Then my life fell apart with yelling in the house, thats were i got hooked on animal crossing and played it even more then before. I played GC AC all the way till Wild World came out, bought that too, payed it to death. Again, played it till City Folk then came and again, played it to death. Then New Leaf happend, my friends played it, my gf played it then everyone else dropped it and I was the only one playing it. Still am. Friends dont play it, GF doesnt play it.

I hope with 2019 that I will finally be able to share my love for the game with everyone elae again.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Or Ash could get all three again.
Definitely plausible. I still think it'll be that he has one while his human buddies have the others.

They could evolve at different speeds again, too.
I havent really watched far in sun&moon anime. is it worth watching?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Now with the anime I'm not certain. It may depend on what the evolutions are...
Honestly, there seems to be a pattern with what Pokémon he chooses. Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy, Froakie, Litten.

Maybe this is a coincidence, but every 3 starters he picks complete the type triangle. Let us leave it at that.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, there seems to be a pattern with what Pokémon he chooses. Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy, Froakie, Litten.

Maybe this is a coincidence, but every 3 starters he picks complete the type triangle. Let us leave it at that.
fire water grass, fire grass water, fire..
so could be either water or grass, based on that.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are any of you art students or grads? If so, I may have a question for you at some point in the near future.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What if there was a bad FE character in Smash?

Like one that wasn't good, like at all?

Wouldn't that be neat, if one of them was just terrible?
:roymelee:

Sakurai learned from his mistakes. And a FE character was never low tier again.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I was never a fan of how the main party always has to have all three starters. But I just hope Ash doesn't get all three, cause then we'd have a repeat of Unova.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't think it's much of a pattern. For Gen I, II, and V he got all of them. For Gen IV and VII he got two of them. For Gen III, and VI, he got only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom