• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I've been working on getting the entire roster into Elite. I've been doing it in fighter number order, so I'm up to Falco now. Before I started, I also got K. Rool, Ridley, DeDeDe, Mewtwo, Wolf, and Plant into Elite.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've been working on getting the entire roster into Elite. I've been doing it in fighter number order, so I'm up to Falco now. Before I started, I also got K. Rool, Ridley, DeDeDe, Mewtwo, Wolf, and Plant into Elite.
I don't have the patience for that. The moment I get a mother ****** with items on and 1 stock I'm pissed.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I’m still sad because Lucas is my unprecedented main but one time my switch died in the middle of a game and it counted as a disconnection, now I’m at 100,000 GSP with him and I’m never getting him to Elite. F

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I applaud you for having that amount of patience. I only have Ridley in Elite as of now and I’m focusing only on characters I play (Bowser is about 100K away as of now).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The worst is when you get into a match with hazards on but no items. They only want to cheese it
If anyone goes hazards off please do not. That is only a viable option in arenas with restrictions. You mean well but the odds that we get a decent stage are on the lower side.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't have the patience for that. The moment I get a mother ****** with items on and 1 stock I'm pissed.
I feel your pain. I'd be lying if I said luck wasn't involved. Sometimes the first match you have with a character is with your rules against a less competent opponent, you win basically by accident, and that win thanks to how GSP's gains are based off win:loss ratio propels you into Elite. Happened when I played Samus and Zelda.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Let me guess:

Matches you lost GSP were due to A. A laggy match, B. Differing Rules, or C. Both
What? No. I'm just bad. :laugh:

I'm trying to find my main and felt motivated to really give Corrin a try. Started at about 600k when I went into Quickplay and at first I was wrecking shop, but when the game started pairing me with better players I came back down to earth hard. Redeemed myself with a few good matches before it hit 3am and I needed to go to bed.

She just... can't... kill a player who knows the matchup. I pile up damage and can't get rid of them.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What I hate in Quickplay is when you have a matchup you never see, and even though you lose, you feel like you were starting to learn how to play the matchup and hit rematch. Then the other guy takes his win and leaves and now you're probably not going to see that matchup again before you forget everything you just learned.

I almost always hit rematch on close matches or matches with much better players. Only way I'm legitimately going to get better from Quickplay.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What I hate in Quickplay is when you have a matchup you never see, and even though you lose, you feel like you were starting to learn how to play the matchup and hit rematch. Then the other guy takes his win and leaves and now you're probably not going to see that matchup again before you forget everything you just learned.

I almost always hit rematch on close matches or matches with much better players. Only way I'm legitimately going to get better from Quickplay.
The Vs. Diddy Kong and ZSS experience in a nutshell.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Had the experience with

:ultkrool: vs:ultpacman:

Best :ultpacman: I ever seen, beat me like 5 times and I only got him/her down to one stock once.

Though it was good, :ultpacman: is amazing. but you never see him.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I find it kinda funny when it comes to Smash, I go online and get my ass handed to me, but when I go to a tournament I get top five ez

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If you get someone w/ a significant difference in GSP, they are less likely to rematch you. Especially if they have the higher GSP since losing a match to a lower GSP player is gonna hurt them more.

This is less likely to happen in the Elite/near-Elite level, but it still happens from time to time, especially for people who are just under the Elite threshold.

D

Deleted member

I find it kinda funny when it comes to Smash, I go online and get my *** handed to me, but when I go to a tournament I get top five ez
And this is why I always do battle arenas.

D

Deleted member

I like playing with items on all stages, so sorry if you get one of my rulesets.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I find it kinda funny when it comes to Smash, I go online and get my *** handed to me, but when I go to a tournament I get top five ez
There really is a big difference between online and offline Smash. Lack of input lag and generally just the feeling of having full control instead of constantly being interrupted by small stutters and the like makes it easier to focus.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Imagine not having a 100% win percentage

This post made by "Won our first match and never played again" gang

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If you get someone w/ a significant difference in GSP, they are less likely to rematch you. Especially if they have the higher GSP since losing a match to a lower GSP player is gonna hurt them more.

This is less likely to happen in the Elite/near-Elite level, but it still happens from time to time, especially for people who are just under the Elite threshold.
Yeah, I understand why, it just sucks. I will gladly eat the losses to learn that matchup.

I suppose I'm a hypocrite, though, because I usually don't hit rematch against players I know I'm way better than. I don't want to develop bad habits or inflate my GSP by picking on someone I can beat handily. The crossroads of "better than your local friends and half the internet" and "worse than your online friends and the other half of the internet" is the most frustrating kind of fighting game purgatory.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Debating on whether I should host Round 2 of my Hunger Games simulation here or in that FG thread. Thoughts?

I'm currently aiming to do it here again, but if necessary I'll move it to that thread.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Any good art styles I should take inspiration from when trying to find an art style?
For refrence, I’m trying to go for a cartoony art style.

D

Deleted member

I'm am so stinkin' stoked for Yoshi's Crafted World's OST to come out.

Woolly World's OST is amazing, I'm excited to see if Crafted World can top it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom