• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Show of hands:
How many people here would like to see Wolverine in Mortal Kombat?

I would love that.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I summoned two directs by posting that Reggie gif. And I summoned a Pokemon direct by playing through all the regions before the end of February.

The question now is...

What must I do to summon Sans into Smash?
How ever your supposed to get Sonic and Tails in Melee

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
On the other hand, that claim has been debunked.
that is one of the worst ways I've seen anyone "debunk" anything. Does Jim Davis really expect us to believe we would understand that obscure ****ing punchline? No, that **** was dog nut. some doggy baby gravy. He wrote that joke and now he has to live with it

D

Deleted member

Your welcome.
Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh. THAT one. I remember that one now.

Didn't, uh...Didn't quite get it when I read it as a kid. Hoo boy.

9cm2tqoesd421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

sorry smashboards.png

I could see how someone could mistake this as "Hahaha Jon drinks dog semen!".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
that is one of the worst ways I've seen anyone "debunk" anything. Does Jim Davis really expect us to believe we would understand that obscure ****ing punchline? No, that **** was dog nut. some doggy baby gravy. He wrote that joke and now he has to live with it
Especially since his face in the last panel doesn't say "I drank supplement-laced dog milk," but rather screams, "holy **** I just drank dog semen."

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Calvin and Hobbes and garfield are on such different levels of quality it's insane. Just goes to show you can't use the excuse of your medium for being lazy
I changed "really liked" to "really loved." That's a lot more accurate.

Also, Jim Davis pumped out a strip daily for 30 something years. He's bound to run out of ideas eventually. I still enjoyed all those good memories the proper Garfield strips gave me, but I do agree it is dated and boring now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We went from reviewing Hitler's art to discuss Jon from Garfield drinking nut.

☆ Just a normal day ☆

D

Deleted member

Matt Groening made cool stuff when he didn't work on The Simpsons.

Futurama is a good example.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I kinda just wanted to see what people would reply with

but yeah it's lost any semblance of identity that it had as an unfunny comic strip and is now known for being no more than a product. You are exposed to Garfield through things like erasers and bags more than you are through its origin medium
Garfield is like Family Guy in a way that it's only really funny when people on the internet make dumb **** about it like cosmic horror Garfield or stuff like this but "K.Rool mains when they try to approach"
jstgq3il1lg21.jpg

Pakky

Smash Hero
What about a police box Pokemon that activates trick room upon entering the field?

D

Deleted member

Futurama had an entire team behind it that made it good, can't just credit Matt on that
I know.
My point was that a creator should always try new stuff and not get stuck forever on a single thing.

But yes, Matt also had a great team behind Futurama who made it work.

D

Deleted member

They look at least 10 times worse in ‘The Garfield Show’. Even the animals are ****ing disgusting.

It looks like it has no fur. What the crap?

Garfield is like Family Guy in a way that it's only really funny when people on the internet make dumb **** about it like cosmic horror Garfield or stuff like this but "K.Rool mains when they try to approach"View attachment 195718
That inage looks like K.Rool’s dash attack. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom