• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

:ultike: mains be like:

"I got a zero-death in four hits. I am not surprised."

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I agree with Cla's point that it is too early to make a tier list.
Like Ryu and Ken in bottom? What???
i mean to be fair

reverse b-air is now hard as **** to do despite it being one of their strongest moves

D

Deleted member

Ganoncide is unviable in 1v1 stocks.
It cost me a game with Joja a few weeks back, because I had no other choice.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wanna switch to wolf but Lucina is very pretty and I don't want people to think I'm a furry
What?

Play the character you want to play, don't concern yourself with what other people think about you playing that character.

D

Deleted member

tbh i actually use the pro controller instead of the gcube controller and the fact that we don't have pro button icons is bumper jumper oppression

D

Deleted member

So many people in here find King K. Rool fun. KKR is cool, but I just prefer playing other characters now.
KKR was almost my main when the game started.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
What?

Play the character you want to play, don't concern yourself with what other people think about you playing that character.
I mean in all seriousness I like Lucina a lot but my punish game isn't good enough to play her properly, and wolf is more my playstyle but I don't have as much fun with him. I really want one to be my primary but I'm still deciding

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i wanna keep trying to play :ultkingdedede: but i dont know how to play :ultkingdedede: but when i fight :ultkingdedede: i have no idea what to do because they somehow land everything with 100% precision like they've been doing it their whole lives

and also maybe :ultmetaknight:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All these true combos with few buttons...then there’s Pit/Dark Pit who have to use more than a few moves to atleast survive a Smash game...that ain’t fair
:ultzelda:: [laughs in :GCA:]
I expect 2 character reveals during E3, with the remaining 2 being held off for the last quarter of 2019.

@Shishœ I'm kinda hoping Fate's 15th Anniversary ties in with Smash.
lies
View attachment 194000

You can't lie on the internet and get away scott-free.
Get em
too much work to do
Ryu/Ken: have some of the most complicated and hard to perform inputs and combos in the game
Also Ryu/Ken: View attachment 194003
They just can’t Street Fight right
:ultridley::GCB:
**** HE DODGED
:ultridley::GCR::GCB:
**** HE DODGED
:ultridley::GCA:
**** HE DODGED
poor Ridley

D

Deleted member

I mean in all seriousness I like Lucina a lot but my punish game isn't good enough to play her properly, and wolf is more my playstyle but I don't have as much fun with him. I really want one to be my primary but I'm still deciding
I mean Wolf's meh frame data on his normals with range means you also need to have a decent punish game with him too

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ganoncide is unviable in 1v1 stocks.
It cost me a game with Joja a few weeks back, because I had no other choice.
If you're a stock ahead, then it is a viable situation, especially if the opponent has a poor recovery.

But NEVER go for Ganoncide if you have equal stocks, b/c you will always die 1st.

D

Deleted member

If you're a stock ahead, then it is a viable situation, especially if the opponent has a poor recovery.

But NEVER go for Ganoncide if you have equal stocks, b/c you will always die 1st.
I would have died if I did not go for the Ganoncide anyways, so I decided to do it for fun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Squirtle's gameplan: :GCX::GCR::GCA::GCR::GCA::GCZ::GCD::GCX::GCU::GCA::GCX::GCU::GCA::GCU::GCA:

Ivysaur's gameplan: :GCR::GCB::GCR::GCB::GCR::GCB::GCX::GCU::GCA::GCX::GCU::GCA:

Charizard's gameplan: :crying:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

According to Armada and Leffen (here), Smash Ultimate players should consider maining two characters (for the purposes of having options).
TBH Lucina/Wolf is an excellent competitive duo of characters to main

They cover each others weaknesses quite well and are both considered top tier in most tier lists right now

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mean Wolf's meh frame data on his normals with range means you also need to have a decent punish game with him too
Wouldn't quite call his frame data "meh" besides his bair, which is still a more than reliable kill option with a lot of range.
It's also a lot easier to throw out safe moves with wolf, and he has better combo potential. Not to say Lucina doesn't have good combos.
Wolf also moves around very similar to Shiek, who was my secondary in Sm4sh and Melee so it kind of feels right just to move around with him

D

Deleted member

:ultlucas:mains when the is near the ledge:

:GCZ::GCR::GCB:

Also Lucas Mains:

:GCX::GCA::GCX::GCA::GCX::GCA:

Lucas actually requires you to use literally all of his moves to win. That is one thing I like about Lucas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom