• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The problem is you think anyone to the right of Stalin, even self identified Centrists and Moderates. are nazis. Meanwhile using the same rhetoric the nazis used against people they d isliked.
and whenever did gwenvred imply so

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Last semi political thing i will say. Hate no matter who it is directed at, no matter how justified you think it is is always wrong. It turns you into a hammer and when you run out of enemies to hate or destroy.. everyone else begins to look like a nail.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Honestly I avoid discussing politics because there's a good chance that I'm going to say something that makes me look like an idiot
but most politicians do anyway, so I guess that's part of the fun
As long as we can remain respectful, it'd be fine. Everyone have their own view and talking about it help you and everyone else learn.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also, just saying, the issues that come with discussing politics isn't inherent of politics itself, but from the fact that it brings out a bunch of literal nazis pretending they have a valid point.

I really hope this discussion opened people's eyes about certain users here who should've been perma'd long ago.
reading some users posting here who i was initially indifferent to is suddenly feeling like

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I remember one guy going "lol why is *** censored?" While spelling the word out that was censored "Because that's a slur used against Japanese people since WWII" "Oh **** I didn't know that" The person never used that word again.....
Exactly this. I consider myself to by a trans ally but I had no idea tr*p was considered to be offensive before being on this thread. People are often misinformed about these sorts of things

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The more I read this stuff that’s going on here, the more pissed off I’m getting.

And I know some of y’all are gonna use the “there’s no reason why we can’t talk about politics if we talk about such and such on here” argument.

This is why.

So since some of you people aren’t going to drop this conversation anytime soon...

I’m leaving until this **** is over. Bye.

D

Deleted member

“Attention smash fighters! Galeem the bane of darkness has unleashed his light beams!...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The more I read this stuff that’s going on here, the more pissed off I’m getting.

And I know some of y’all are gonna use the “there’s no reason why we can’t talk about politics if we talk about such and such on here” argument.

This is why.

So since some of you people aren’t going to drop this conversation anytime soon...

I’m leaving until this **** is over. Bye.
We've gotten into heated arguments about less serious things before. Don't know why this is where you draw the line.

Just move on until the thread changes topic. No need to drop in and tell us how much you hate it just to leave immediately after

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Trans people: "I pee in toilets"
Some people here for some reason: "OH MY GOD STOP BEING POLITICAL"
Anyway I'm leaving for a bit because it's movie night with friends tonight and I will beat my friends up so I can pick Winter Soldier as our movie this week

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ya know what the way the usual suspects keep bringing up political junk makes me remember why i took a break from this site. It really is the same people who bring it up every time.. Although i sure i am not much better being dumb enough to fall into it and argue with people who blocked me ages ago. But whatever.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I remember one guy going "lol why is *** censored?" While spelling the word out that was censored "Because that's a slur used against Japanese people since WWII" "Oh **** I didn't know that" The person never used that word again.....
That's more of a "hey bro don't be a jerk and here's why..." Which is good but not even that takes up multiple pages.

All the more reason why you should lobby to make potical a dedicated section for the site.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"So, I logged in to my Smashboards.com, I'm arguing if political discussions are allowed, so I'm gonna make a calloutpost, to anyone who disagrees, y'all stupid, take that Nazi Liberals, I called you Stupid you EEDIOTS!"

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ya know what the way the usual suspects keep bringing up political junk makes me remember why i took a break from this site. It really is the same people who bring it up every time.. Although i sure i am not much better being dumb enough to fall into it and argue with people who blocked me ages ago. But whatever.
Which is why they should lobby for their own section. Why is this so bad? If people are interested they'll come there.

Build and they will come.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
for real tho why is takeout pizza so expensive

i could go for one right now if it didn't cost me the price of an indie game for a medium

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Huh, you really said that
View attachment 198428
why is there a dril tweet for everything
I don't get it.
Milo stopped going to schools to talk how gays should stay in the closet and how pedophilia is good after he got deplatformed
So it shut Milo up. Now it is being used often as a problem of deplatforming.
reading some users posting here who i was initially indifferent to is suddenly feeling like

I know we are having a big debate. But I really don't want to let this hurt our non Political relationship.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You blaspheme, sir.
Did Worms come out of the Game Boy? I think I had Worms on that.

I definitely had Worms 2 on the Playstation, though that was second hand and I'm not sure if I still have it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We've gotten into heated arguments about less serious things before. Don't know why this is where you draw the line.

Just move on until the thread changes topic. No need to drop in and tell us how much you hate it just to leave immediately after
It’s because this topic is very close to me personally.

And don’t tell me what I can and can’t post. If I have a general emotion on the topic at hand, I can post it.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Sure. Quietly and calmly disagree with the yelling shouting mob. I’m sure they’ll listen to you.
Fair enough. But I'd rather live my life in peace and just say what I have to say than join in with the shouting. I don't even know if I should have posted that, but it just felt right at the time. :)

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alright, so if Steve really is put into Smash, what should his stage be? I think a traveling stage going through the most iconic Minecraft biomes would be fitting, along with the entire stage being destructible.

D

Deleted member

Stealing this from a tumblr post but this is probably my only concern with Endgame
Why does Carol look like this:
tumblr_pocy19b0O21r1tsuc_500.jpg
Fancy eyeshadow, thick lipstick, tight top, during the goddamn apocalypse after being gone for two decades
VS
How she actually dresses in Captain Marvel
tumblr_pocy19crsC1r1tsuc_640.jpg
Basically what I'm trying to say is let Carol dress like a 90s lesbian

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait for me, let's have the people pushing their politics every time have the site.. Or maybe the Admins can make a no politics rule?
That would be a very hard topic to ban. Like, even when talking about Smash, you need to mentions things like gender and race, which most people would say are political topics.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honestly I avoid discussing politics because there's a good chance that I'm going to say something that makes me look like an idiot
but most politicians do anyway, so I guess that's part of the fun
I avoid most debates because if I say something, I know someone is gonna hate me for it.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Did Worms come out of the Game Boy? I think I had Worms on that.

I definitely had Worms 2 on the Playstation, though that was second hand and I'm not sure if I still have it.
I had to do a double take reading that. At first I was thinking "wait, how the **** does a Game Boy get worms?"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright, so if Steve really is put into Smash, what should his stage be? I think a traveling stage going through the most iconic Minecraft biomes would be fitting, along with the entire stage being destructible.
travelling stage that goes from grassland with a house to a cave to the nether seems like a must tbh

the real question is what music they'd use

MainJPW

M.T.A
Stealing this from a tumblr post but this is probably my only concern with Endgame
Why does Carol look like this:
Fancy eyeshadow, thick lipstick, tight top, during the goddamn apocalypse during the goddamn apocalypse after being gone for two decades
VS
How she actually dresses in Captain Marvel
Basically what I'm trying to say is let Carol dress like a 90s lesbian
Maybe you gotta look fancy when joining the Avengers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom