• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaks of Three Houses, /u/domilea on Reddit compiled a full character chart based on what is known now. It includes every known playable character of the three titular houses, info about said houses, non-affiliated characters, and their names alongside a direct transliteration. Link because big image.

Two more names have since been discovered though. The final Black Eagles character is Hubert, while the rightmost unknown member of the Blue Lions is Felix.
So going by the above, quick census time. Which house is your current preference based on the units they have, going purely off of aesthetics since we don't know much else?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Id settle for a HD remake of all 4 games in the series. Days of ruin if they make it even darker and up the difficulty could fit a niche for the hardcore strategy enthusiasts like myself while keeping the tamer difficulty of the original trilogy
I see, I was going to recommend another game I've played recently that is a bit like Advance War but it is definitely not and that's Valkyria Chronicles 4, if you think that way though, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is literally easy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A bunch of total war generics, a youtuber, and a million 3rd parties in base roster over Alis, Sakura, Selvaria, and Kiryu would make me scream in current year.
Sega knows better now.

-also you're definitely gonna need to bring Erica or Gemini as an easy clone of Sakura assuming her car is based off her koubu, maybe Welkin on the Edelweiss, and obviously Majima.
-More Arcadia characters would be good either Aika or Drachma or Gilder.
-Death Adder would be a better 2nd rep for Golden Axe.
-Ecco and Seaman should share a car together cause why not
-A Shining Force character like Jogurt or Slade would be nice
-Rynex from Thunder Force is an opportunity now since sega bought the right a couple years ago
-Nigel (Landstaker), or Corona(Crusader of Centy), or Prince Ali(Beyond Oasis) would be great
-Space Harrier or Mr Hang On are a lot more preferable arcade characters than Altered Beast
  1. I picked those main roster third parties in a similar way to how we assume Sakurai picks Smash third parties (or at least, used to). Importance and relevance to SEGA’s history. Miku and Toejam & Earl were some of the most requested characters for the last game. Aladdin, Mortal Kombat, and Earthworm Jim were all big nostalgic Genesis classics. And SEGA currently handles the Alien license. Plus, if the last game had Simon from Yogscast, then I think this game can make some space for the YouTuber who’s specifically “The Sonic Guy”. The console guests though, those are just the console guests.
  2. The Total War characters were included because I didn’t want to cut any first party characters from the first two games. Hence the Deluxe. They already have assets made for them, why waist it.
  3. I saved those characters for DLC intentionally because I knew they were popular and would sell. You may think that’s scummy, but thems the brakes. (Except Altered Beasts. They’re just here because I really like Altered Beasts). You can’t fill the DLC with nobodies. They have to be popular to sell.
  4. Because they’re DLC, no other characters from their franchises will be added.
  5. Death Adder will be taken under consideration.
  6. Additional Acadia characters will be taken under consideration.
  7. Seaman now shares Eccos Kart. He is in a glass bowl on the hood of all his karts. You’re right. That is an amazing idea.
  8. Shining Force, Thunder Force, Landstalker, Crusader of Centy, and Beyond Oasis characters will be considered. But considering they haven’t come up in my research on SEGA’s other fandoms at all before now, odds are they might not prioritize very high.
  9. Space Harrier and Mr. Hang-On will be investigated. Altered Beasts was a personal preference pick on behalf of the developer.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wonder why this happens, because this used to happen sometimes on my old phone, but now it never happens for me on this site (it does on others, such as wikia pages)
Oh yeah, some wikia pages do, but Smashboards, never happen to me. And they are more like pop up ads actually (Which Chrome can block most of them), and more ads means more loading on some pages...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Id settle for a HD remake of all 4 games in the series. Days of ruin if they make it even darker and up the difficulty could fit a niche for the hardcore strategy enthusiasts like myself while keeping the tamer difficulty of the original trilogy
For a second I thought you were talking about Smash.

I know some of y’all want Melee HD (even if most hardcore players will still denounce it because even a single pixel on Fox’s leg isn’t right), but what would be the point to HD remakes of the other games? Isn’t Smash4 already HD?

Then I saw you were talking about Advanced Wars and now the above text is useless but too bad I already wrote it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rest In Peace @faygoshill
the only fallen hero we couldn’t avenge
Welp, I made it. Infinity bladder confirmed.

Also **** yeah that movie.
I’ve never been so amazed by the lack of bladder before...everyone else in my group fell before me (with my mother literally quitting right before the movie started)
Watched the Endgame. Now I'm spoiled of everything.
Same...but who gives a **** when you get to cry your eyes out like a *****?
Intelligent Systems: "We made the aesthetic of Fire Emblem Three Houses more practical in terms of armour functionality"
Also Intelligent Systems:
View attachment 212806
I like it
So sick of fire emblem. Give us a new advance wars game.
Nintendo: ...nah...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So going by the above, quick census time. Which house is your current preference based on the units they have, going purely off of aesthetics since we don't know much else?
Ahhh dang it’s between Edelgard’s and Dimitri’s just based on aesthetics

I think Edelgard’s house because it has her, Dorothea, and Petra

D

Deleted member

Their units really make this whole thing easier because as much as I like Claude, the Golden Deer is really damn week with its other units.

From the Black Eagles, I like everyone we've seen so far, no joke. Special mentions go to Linhardt, Petra and Ferdinand.
Blue Lions has some cool units as well(Sylvain is the Cooler Ferdinand ngl) but everyone besides Mercedes and the Archer-looking dude don't do much to me.
And then the Golden Deer has... no one... I like no one besides Claude. Big oof right there because I really wanted to like him but guess it's Edelgard time.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Funimation released the blooper reel of the Ace Attorney anime like they did with Kill La Kill a while back, it's so wrong hearing Nick go "Are you gonna cry to your mommy like a *****?" to Pearl but oddly fitting of him to say "Did you just dab?"
I have the decisive evidence!
You are so ****ED

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Their units really make this whole thing easier because as much as I like Claude, the Golden Deer is really damn week with its other units.

From the Black Eagles, I like everyone we've seen so far, no joke. Special mentions go to Linhardt, Petra and Ferdinand.
Blue Lions has some cool units as well(Sylvain is the Cooler Ferdinand ngl) but everyone besides Mercedes and the Archer-looking dude don't do much to me.
And then the Golden Deer has... no one... I like no one besides Claude. Big oof right there because I really wanted to like him but guess it's Edelgard time.
No love for Raphael?
He's one of the few Golden Deer characters that really sticks out to me, in a good way.

But yeah, like pretty much everyone else, I'm going with Black Eagles. Aesthetics are on point and magic preference gives reliable 1-2 range. Edelgard, Bernadetta, Ferdinand, Petra, and Linhardt all look great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars is where the convo is at? Well. I’m useless.
It's ok it's cool to be a useless lesbian

Also I can't stand people who hate Fire Emblem because of it being successful or because of Smash because they never played the games. As someone who has played almost every officially released Fire Emblem game in the west, only Fire Emblem fans get to ***** about Fire Emblem because it ****ing sucks at times

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For a second I thought you were talking about Smash.

I know some of y’all want Melee HD (even if most hardcore players will still denounce it because even a single pixel on Fox’s leg isn’t right), but what would be the point to HD remakes of the other games? Isn’t Smash4 already HD?

Then I saw you were talking about Advanced Wars and now the above text is useless but too bad I already wrote it.
If Melee is that an energetic Smash community, I'm pretty sure there's already Melee HD mod out there. If not though well... hope Dolphin emulator can have HD version soon.

Nintendo: ...nah...
Eh,still more likely than Nintendo giving us Mother 3 right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Also I can't stand people who hate Fire Emblem because of it being successful or because of Smash because they never played the games. As someone who has played almost every officially released Fire Emblem game in the west, only Fire Emblem fans get to ***** about Fire Emblem because it ****ing sucks at times
I have nothing against the games. And I admit, the characters in Smash do all feel kind of samey to me, as someone with no personal attachment to them. But I don’t hate the series. RTS games just aren’t for me.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If Melee is that an energetic Smash community, I'm pretty sure there's already Melee HD mod out there. If not though well... hope Dolphin emulator can have HD version soon.

Eh,still more likely than Nintendo giving us Mother 3 right?
F-Zero fans would like to have a word with you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have nothing against the games. And I admit, the characters in Smash do all feel kind of samey to me, as someone with no personal attachment to them. But I don’t hate the series. RTS games just aren’t for me.
Oh no what I mean is people go "Fire Emblem is bad because too many characters in Smash" where ACTUAL Fire Emblem fans go "**** this incest pandering bull**** **** these maps **** those archers and **** the reinforcements"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh no what I mean is people go "Fire Emblem is bad because too many characters in Smash" where ACTUAL Fire Emblem fans go "**** this incest pandering bull**** **** these maps **** those archers and **** the reinforcements"
They should release a separate game that’s just the shipping part so I can be a degenerate in peace

Also without the weird incest bull****

WaxPython

Smash Ace

Plenty of reasons to hate fire emblem without being a fan.

Even though I'm a fan of the series you must respect others opinion and right to dislike the series

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They should release a separate game that’s just the shipping part so I can be a degenerate in peace

Also without the weird incest bull****
So like, the visual novel half of a Persona game?

Oh the last 3 weren't specifically aimed at Fates but sure

Alright mustard
Ah. Does Three Houses look like it’s going to fix these problems?

D

Deleted member

Just finished watching the three-hour long MK11 campaign mode. As someone who’s really unfamiliar with the series, I was blown away by the story and characters, even if it wasn’t all that special.
It felt more like a thoroughly enjoyable film than it did a video game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
F-Zero fans would like to have a word with you.
Speaking of F-Zero fans, any F Zero fans before Smash?
I'm also curious when do we see actually see Captain Falcon himself for the first time in F-Zero.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but for real Dijon mustard is great.

D

Deleted member

you guys
you guys
I A T E T H O S E F O O D
you may now return to your regularly scheduled thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom