• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Gooigi will probably get in before Waluigi
As long as sakurai dosent do him dirty and make him an echo
I dont know how sakurai could see gooigi and think he could possibly be an echo for any charachter in smash he's way too unique of a charachter and sakurai would just make him another Marth clone I know it. what a total disservice to gooigis charachter

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today has been fun. Having went to bed early I got the well needed sleep I needed and motivated then ever taking the dogs to the creek this morning before going out and finally getting Shazam! and Missing Link on Blu-Ray then getting home I buckled up ready to watch Furious 7. Its been a fun long ride but my marathon was fun while it lasted as Thursday is when I finally get to the last one Fate of the Furious and I'm then ready for Hobbs & Shaw next week.

Probably gonna grab a ticket to a screening for the 1st of August next Thursday.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
DLC page still says Summer 2019 for Hero...

Can we AT LEAST get the Back Up Your Replays message soon, please?? Throw me a bone here ffs

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Most of the new races from Odyssey should DEFINITELY become partners.

New Donker party member that’s a photo realistic drawing rather than a cartoon.

Donkey Kong side-campaign with DKC enemy races as partners.
What would their abilities be? Inside and outside of battle?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I saw Spongebob's 20th anniversary special, and wow. That could have been the finale, and I wouldn't even be mad. It was a love letter to all the fans, with references to both classic and modern Spongebob, (that Mindy and Hasselhoff cameo!) and had jokes that actually landed. WAY better than the 10th anniversary special.

Plus, that ending was the most satisfying moment in all of Spongebob.
And the tribute too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know. I’ve been wondering. Is there an overtly obvious reason why only 4 heroes are playable and not 8? Like, what’s different about the other 7 that they couldn’t work as skins?
4F96BCAE-8E30-4297-B757-49AD042A6AF7.png

Though it looks like out of them all, Spartacus, Saint Seiya, Goemon and Charles Lindbergh would fit the best

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know. I’ve been wondering. Is there an overtly obvious reason why only 4 heroes are playable and not 8? Like, what’s different about the other 7 that they couldn’t work as skins?
Something something contractual obligation from Square Enix that some Heroes aren’t allowed to fight each other

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Remember those new Paper Mario game ideas I talked about before? After I get done working on some birthday presents I thought about drawing out some of my ideas and sharing them here.

-This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own levels, battles, partners, etc.

-the “Tattle” characters will be a sentient sketchbook and pencil that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. Mario would have one and Peach would have the other, I wanted to think of designs that were a bit more complex than objects with eyes so if anyone has any ideas for how I could make the designs more interesting let me know

I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more functions, abilities, character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners. Two of Mario’s partners I have in mind are:
  • Rezqueen: female Reznor whose 4 children were kidnapped and joins Mario to rescue them. She attacks with her horns and fireballs and Mario can ride on her back and basically Rambo any obstacles in her way
  • Jacquetu (name pending): female Lakitu who works as a Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it like propellers and lightning rods.
Peach I just had Daisy and possibly a Toad retainer with a spear. If anyone has any more potential partner ideas or any design elements I should incorporate, please let me know.
I think a resident of the Cap Kingdom could be pretty interesting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just remembered the Shy Guys with cowboy hats

So I’m gonna give him a gun
It’ll have to be a pop gun...

I think a resident of the Cap Kingdom could be pretty interesting.
Maybe, thoughts on how one would work in the game? Inside and outside of battle?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
As odd as having Mario fight them?
I'm referring to characters in different timelines, yet still in the same universe.

Maybe, thoughts on how one would work in the game? Inside and outside of battle?
I know nothing about how Paper Mario works, so I couldn't help in that regard. I was just providing a concept.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Remember those new Paper Mario game ideas I talked about before? After I get done working on some birthday presents I thought about drawing out some of my ideas and sharing them here.

-This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own levels, battles, partners, etc.

-the “Tattle” characters will be a sentient sketchbook and pencil that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. Mario would have one and Peach would have the other, I wanted to think of designs that were a bit more complex than objects with eyes so if anyone has any ideas for how I could make the designs more interesting let me know

I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more functions, abilities, character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners. Two of Mario’s partners I have in mind are:
  • Rezqueen: female Reznor whose 4 children were kidnapped and joins Mario to rescue them. She attacks with her horns and fireballs and Mario can ride on her back and basically Rambo any obstacles in her way
  • Jacquetu (name pending): female Lakitu who works as a Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it like propellers and lightning rods.
Peach I just had Daisy and possibly a Toad retainer with a spear. If anyone has any more potential partner ideas or any design elements I should incorporate, please let me know.
Ok could more people with knowledge on the series please help me with this?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
what the heck dudes the Mario & Luigi developers, Alpha Dream, worked on Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue and Nintendo helped develop Ham Ham Heartbreak if they didn't just develop it by themselves, and they have some copyrights over them with their higher-ups being publishers. Why the heck do we not have any Mario games with Hamtaro cameos or have him in Smash since anime / book characters are definitely able to join?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

More than likely, more heroes equal more work.

But if you want the differences between the heroes, it goes like this:
-The Heroes of 1 and 5 doesn't have access to the full kit of spells that the Hero class use
-Hero of 2 can't learn magic at all
-Hero of 7 is just a kid
-The abilities of the Heroes of 6, 9 and 10 are based on the classes they have.

The only 2 of the bunch that can have access to the same abilities of the Hero are 6 and 7. And 6 is not as popular as 4.
what the heck dudes the Mario & Luigi developers, Alpha Dream, worked on Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue and Nintendo helped develop Ham Ham Heartbreak if they didn't just develop it by themselves, and they have some copyrights over them with their higher-ups being publishers. Why the heck do we not have any Mario games with Hamtaro cameos or have him in Smash since anime / book characters are definitely able to join?
Licencing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aren't the Fire Emblem characters already doing that??
I guess Nintendo is more lenient on that. They did make Smash, after all. As for DQ characters crossing over, I'd assume they have rules against it so that nothing would become confusing. They could have a different reason though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm referring to characters in different timelines, yet still in the same universe.

I know nothing about how Paper Mario works, so I couldn't help in that regard.
Is the act of having different characters from different timelines in the same franchise interact any weirder than characters from two completely different franchises interacting?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Is the act of having different characters from different timelines in the same franchise interact any weirder than characters from two completely different franchises interacting?
I'd assume Square would be more lenient on other characters crossing over with theirs instead of their character crossing over with theirs. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm getting at.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Apologies for my little outburst there, I didn’t mean to get upset. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! if you guys still wanted to help me out, this is the kind of stuff I’m looking for:
Nah it's kinda my fault. I had assumed you were looking for concepts, not actual movesets etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apologies for my little outburst there, I didn’t mean to get upset. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! if you guys still wanted to help me out, this is the kind of stuff I’m looking for:
a uh

slams random page on mario wiki

bully partner

View attachment 229987

rock solid defense and hits hard, but sluggish and low accuracy

its main goal is to wall out damage and even have spike effects, maybe even a move that turns it into a chill bully, reducing some defense at the cost of having a side-effect of freezing enemies when attacked

View attachment 229988
did it like a month ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom