• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
There's plenty of flaws other than the endgame. From the repetitive overworld theme to the rather unfortunate Yggdrasil Tree side quest. Let's not even forget how one out of two of your party members just flat out suck.
Hey, most of that stuff can be put on "It's an old Famicom game"

but the DQ2 jank are uniquely DQ2 issues and the climax suuuucks

D

Deleted member

Hey, most of that stuff can be put on "It's an old Famicom game"

but the DQ2 jank are uniquely DQ2 issues and the climax suuuucks
It's an NES RPG sequel at its finest. Could be better, but that's why we have Dragon Quest 3.

D

Deleted member

Are we coming to a potential agreement between people happy with SwSd and people mad at SwSd?

*insert Hulk I consider this a success meme*
Well, I'll freely admit that I'm starting to warm up to SwSh. Not sure if it's 60€ warming up, but at least it doesn't seem as bad as GF's own marketing made it out to be. The forced EXP Share is still a big issue of mine though.

StormC

Smash Hero
Are we coming to a potential agreement between people happy with SwSd and people mad at SwSd?

At this point my main concerns are:

1. Are there going to be enough new Pokemon and old Pokemon returning?
2. Will the games not be too easy with the new EXP system?
3. Will there be sufficient post-game areas to explore and trainers to battle?

If those 3 are addressed, I will have no problem burning a voucher on it. I don't expect something on the level of Platinum or BW2, but if it can be better than the 3DS games, then we're already off to a great start.

Double K

Smash Lord

I mean, my issues with the game have been since around all this drama came about being more in-line with how Pokemon is treated as a brand rather than a game, with how TPC churns the games out yearly now instead of letting Gamefreak put on more polish while a third-party studio releases spin-offs.

StormC

Smash Hero
Even if Sword/Shield turn out great we are going to deal with another speculation cycle of anxiety for Sinnoh remakes.

They better confirm out the gate they're using the Platinum dex.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I forgot to put part of the leak in my write up and feel dumb lol
There's also a Ghost Pokémon based on the headless horseman that throws his head.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Malroth is utter horse ****. Whether you win is dependent on if he does that ****ing frost breath like two times in a row. If he does, you're in a bad pickle. He doesn't even look that threatening. Looks like Golbat breeded with Glygar.

One of my attempts at the fight had him using that frost breath **** on me THREE times in a row...

Thank God that they removed his ability to cast Full Heal on himself in the mobile version, though.

And THAT is why nobody likes DQ2
It's definitely not a game that I'll want to tackle again anytime soon.

Double K

Smash Lord
Even if Sword/Shield turn out great we are going to deal with another speculation cycle of anxiety for Sinnoh remakes.

Actually on the subject of speculation cylce, I wanna just say that the SwSh one has been REALLY weak

Like, all the info has been "Look at this cute girl/pokemon"

Compare to SuMo where UB-01 was revealed and everyone was like "LILLIE IS AN ULTRA BEAST??!??" or Lusamine/Guzma speculation of them being UBs

Or just what were the Tapu's?

Or the unending fear of "OH NO, ARE WE GETTING A FIRE/FIGHTING AGAIN?!" and then the joy when it got a cool typing with Fire/Dark as a Wrestler Heel

D

Deleted member

One of my attempts at the fight had him using that frost breath **** on me THREE times in a row...

Thank God that they removed his ability to cast Full Heal on himself in the mobile version, though.
He could originally cast full heal? Oh boy. I love when games include a "you lose" move.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There's also a Ghost Pokémon based on the headless horseman that throws his head.
So basically...
The Headless Horseless Headmann rises again...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this would be a pretty cool Pokémon to see. I really hope there’s a lot of mythology and story inspired designs with how much lore surrounds the UK and it’s famous stories

D

Deleted member

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually on the subject of speculation cylce, I wanna just say that the SwSh one has been REALLY weak

Like, all the info has been "Look at this cute girl/pokemon"

Compare to SuMo where UB-01 was revealed and everyone was like "LILLIE IS AN ULTRA BEAST??!??" or Lusamine/Guzma speculation of them being UBs

Or just what were the Tapu's?

Or the unending fear of "OH NO, ARE WE GETTING A FIRE/FIGHTING AGAIN?!" and then the joy when it got a cool typing with Fire/Dark as a Wrestler Heel
The marketing for SWSH have been appallingly bad and should never, ever happen with a multibillion dollar IP. Whoever is in charge dropped the ball hard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wonder if Noi is going to click on my PM. It's rude to leave a man hanging.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Pokémon, I still don't like how super silent Team Spaceworld is on the progress of the Gold/Silver prototype English translation.

I don't know how hard it is to hack and translate a Game Boy ROM but ANY details on progress would be nice.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yeah, I'm really confused. Sun and Moon had great marketing. Got me hyped for the release of a Pokemon game like never before, even after I'd skipped Black/White 2 and X & Y. I actually preordered Moon and blasted through it in just a few days so I wouldn't get spoiled on much (got spoiled on who the Champion was though v.v).

Sword & Shield's marketing is abysmal compared to what we got three years ago.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm really confused. Sun and Moon had great marketing. Got me hyped for the release of a Pokemon game like never before, even after I'd skipped Black/White 2 and X & Y. I actually preordered Moon and blasted through it in just a few days so I wouldn't get spoiled on much (got spoiled on who the Champion was though v.v).

Sword & Shield's marketing is abysmal compared to what we got three years ago.
A lot of people complained that Sun/Moon showed too much in marketing so TPC overcorrected big time.

Their biggest blunder has been how they revealed no National Dex. There's no good ways to break that news but the absolute worst way was an offhand remark in an afterhours stream at E3. They should have issued a public statement when the games were announced and expressed empathy for fans that would be inevitably disappointed, not... whatever they did.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright folks, bed time here, please don't put this place on fire in my absence, that's my only request.

Shine on folks, and now, it's time to...
run away joseph.gif

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of people complained that Sun/Moon showed too much in marketing so TPC overcorrected big time.

Their biggest blunder has been how they revealed no National Dex. There's no good ways to break that news but the absolute worst way was an offhand remark in an afterhours stream at E3. They should have issued a public statement when the games were announced and expressed empathy for fans that would be inevitably disappointed, not... whatever they did.
I've always wondered how differently the reception would have been if they announced the dex cut first, then the Wild Area and raid battles sometime afterwards.

I think people wanted something huge to make up for the natdex, but GF already showed off their biggest guns.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So what's a game you'd say had really good marketing?

Cos there are several titles this year that have come under criticism for their _romotion

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

They have to. They can't use the DP dex because it doesn't include all the new Pokemon from that generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom