• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i was going to delete all my drawings and give up on drawing but my friend told me not to for whatever reason because they think I still like drawing. They want me to make something but idk what the **** to even bother making

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This thread was basically the Three Houses subreddit for two months straight.

I've been patiently waiting for Pokemon's turn. Let me have this.
oh please you know it's gonna be "unga bunga gamefreak bad" for 2 months straight :drflip:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
oh please you know it's gonna be "unga bunga gamefreak bad" for 2 months straight :drflip:
If SwSh follows the trend of past Pokemon games, it should be a hot topic for two or three months, with lots of memes and people begging for trades. Most will have a positive opinion of the game because of how new it is.

Then another game will come out (in this case, probably New Horizons), and the spotlight will get stolen.

Shortly afterwards, SwSh will be lame again because people have grown completely bored with it and will resort to nitpicking each and every flaw. The National Dex will resurface to pre-release levels and cause people to rank SwSh as their least favorite game in the series.

So at least I'll have some time to enjoy it before it becomes a dumpster fire topic again.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When there's Pokemon news across two days, no **** this thread is mainly gonna be about Pokemon

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This new Pokemon info sounds really promising. The return of DexNav and the PSS, AutoSaves, and no handholding especially have me interested.

...Now to dodge spoilers for the next two months. Yay...

D

Deleted member

This new Pokemon info sounds really promising. The return of DexNav and the PSS, AutoSaves, and no handholding especially have me interested.

...Now to dodge spoilers for the next two months. Yay...
Speaking of spoilers, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen what will it take for you to help me beat Noipoi in this bet?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm thinking he'll be out mid-late november.
That be a pretty bad move. Smash would either bury Pokémon or Pokémon would bury smash. They’ll want Terry our earlier so there’s no competition between the two and the. They can push poke on when it’s out

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
That be a pretty bad move. Smash would either bury Pokémon or Pokémon would bury smash. They’ll want Terry our earlier so there’s no competition between the two and the. They can push poke on when it’s out
Really? I figured that they arent really competing for the same market.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hoo boy. Seems like I missed a lot of Pokemon talk over here today.

Still trying to process all the Pokemon leaks n stuff, but jury's out for me on how much I like it. Gotta see it in action first.

Although some aspects I hear do sound promising.

So what's a game you'd say had really good marketing?

Cos there are several titles this year that have come under criticism for their _romotion
Definitely Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch

Between E3, Directs, and Smash, that game got a ****ton of promotion, more than any other Nintendo game this year imo... or most games this year period.

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Smash DLC (I know it's DLC but still) have all had good marketing too.

I don't pay too much attention to stuff outside of Nintendo, so can't really comment on that.

And of course, I gotta give a shoutout to Granblue. With Versus on the horizon and Relink coming behind it, it's been a decently good year.
But 2020 is definitely gonna be the bigger push into the general market.

While I don't think one would have as big of an impact on the other in terms of sales (since one is just DLC for an existing game and therefore cheaper than a $60 full price game), Smash and Pokemon do share some common audience.

So it's definitely better to release them further from each other than closer.

D

Deleted member

So what's a game you'd say had really good marketing?

Cos there are several titles this year that have come under criticism for their _romotion
Did you guys know Obsidian's new RPG, Outer Worlds, releases next week? No? Cool, because neither did I, nor did a lot of people I know who were keeping an eye on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really? I figured that they arent really competing for the same market.
Hoo boy. Seems like I missed a lot of Pokemon talk over here today.

Still trying to process all the Pokemon leaks n stuff, but jury's out for me on how much I like it. Gotta see it in action first.

Although some aspects I hear do sound promising.

Definitely Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch

Between E3, Directs, and Smash, that game got a ****ton of promotion, more than any other Nintendo game this year imo... or most games this year period.

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Smash DLC (I know it's DLC but still) have all had good marketing too.

I don't pay too much attention to stuff outside of Nintendo, so can't really comment on that.

And of course, I gotta give a shoutout to Granblue. With Versus on the horizon and Relink coming behind it, it's been a decently good year.
But 2020 is definitely gonna be the bigger push into the general market.

While I don't think one would have as big of an impact on the other in terms of sales (since one is just DLC for an existing game and therefore cheaper than a $60 full price game), Smash and Pokemon do share some common audience.

So it's definitely better to release them further from each other than closer.
There’s definitely a common audience to some degree, they are two of the biggest franchises. Nintendo’s marketing has been a lot better too, they focus on one big release a month without heavily promoting something else.

mans since a smash direct is very likely for Terry, getting it out of the way first would be smart. It’s likely going to show fighter five and maybe more which would be huge.

if Sans from undertale can overshadow terry. Pokémon sure as hell can and I don’t think they want that. So the better option would be to do smash first, at least imo so that nothing gets overshadowed and their biggest releases can coexist much better.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can I get a source on PSS and Dexnav returning? All I’ve seen are a few people saying it on various forums but no links or anything. It wasn’t in Opossum’s write up of the collage leak either.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the collage leak's story info.
If it's true, I unironically wonder whether Team Yell calling hax on Leon's Charizard beating Marnie's Jellicent is a reference to the blowback regarding Alain's Charizard beating Ash's Greninja.

StormC

Smash Hero
They’ll definitely want Terry out before Pokemon. They had Hero out after the July onslaught of games and Banjo our before the September ones.

Either way, Pokemon is regularly a 15 million seller with lots of its characters in Smash (also a 15 million seller) so they’re gonna definitely have fanbase crossover.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I dont think nintendo gives two ****s is one big game releases next to another

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
When there's Pokemon news across two days, no **** this thread is mainly gonna be about Pokemon
So by that logic, when there is an info dump for Death Stranding, or any other major game for that matter, this thread would be mainly about whatever said game is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom