• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So by that logic, when there is an info dump for Death Stranding, or any other major game for that matter, this thread would be mainly about whatever said game is?
Considering this demographic, that'd be doubtful. There may be a mention but that's it.

Now Pokemon is something a lot of Smash fans are interested in, dexit or not.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
People are overthinking this whole Terry thing. I highly doubt Nintendo is concerned about coinciding release dates for the next Gen of Pokemon, one of their biggest moneymakers, and a single DLC character for Smash.

I don't think Terry's sales will take a huge hit if he were released two or three days before or after SwSh. Even if they would, it's not like they have much room to space him out. SwSh is right smack in the middle of November, so he's gonna come close regardless.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"nintendo would never step on another game's sales with a smash character," says community who have apparently forgotten that one time hero released three days after three houses

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Are people seriously thinking that Terry being released next to Pokemon would in any conceivable way hurt Pokemon sales?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I love Terry and am very excited for him to come out BUT PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK HE WOULD STOP ANYONE FROM PLAYING POKEMON LMAO WHAT

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
In other news, Ring Fit Adventure still looks pleasant. Did not expect it to have voice acting.

Oh, and Dragaux sounds like Bowser. I also have a feeling he will be receiving some fanart lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"nintendo would never step on another game's sales with a smash character," says community who have apparently forgotten that one time hero released three days after three houses
You mean mr Japan himself? Hero has the highest views and likes on his trailer of any character.

He was a massive hit out of the gate. Terry is not as big, hero was fine then due to his immense popularity. Terry unfortunately would have trouble keeping up

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So by that logic, when there is an info dump for Death Stranding, or any other major game for that matter, this thread would be mainly about whatever said game is?
No-one here really cares about it that much beyond ****ting on it and Kojima's headassery like last time it got a bunch of info so it probably won't dominate discussion like a big Nintendo game on a forum for another big Nintendo game.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
d8dhom5-f9a0904e-6558-4e62-95d0-28079d770742.jpg

Here's something i found on Deavintart.
(Voyager 1 and 2 originally were doing a flyby of Pluto after Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, but due to how small it was and pretty far away, they cancelled it. Thankfully we had New Horizons.)

D

Deleted member

Why do you all tallk about [subject]? I do not want to talk about [subject] so no one else should!
Yeah but remember how much that killed 3H's sales to the point the franchise died?

D

Deleted member

Who would win:
One of the biggest multi-media franchises on the planet
Or
BUSTAH WULF

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
There’s definitely a common audience to some degree, they are two of the biggest franchises. Nintendo’s marketing has been a lot better too, they focus on one big release a month without heavily promoting something else.

mans since a smash direct is very likely for Terry, getting it out of the way first would be smart. It’s likely going to show fighter five and maybe more which would be huge.

if Sans from undertale can overshadow terry. Pokémon sure as hell can and I don’t think they want that. So the better option would be to do smash first, at least imo so that nothing gets overshadowed and their biggest releases can coexist much better.
Again Sans's costume is still smash news. Its not going to really overshadow anything because the people who are smash players are tuning in to see the new character, and pokemon fans are doing whatever those people do.

D

Deleted member

November seems quite light in regards of Nintendo releases. I think they can fit Terry whenever they want.

StormC

Smash Hero
November seems quite light in regards of Nintendo releases. I think they can fit Terry whenever they want.
Pokemon is kind of a megaton though. I think they don’t want Terry even within the first few weeks after its release. The NOA Tweet that Terry is coming “soon” makes me think the first week of November.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You know, having another Fire Type in Smash would probably make people pretty salty. Like, another FE character levels of salt.
tfw we're all expecting Baboom but we end up getting Raboot instead

truly a dark timeline

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Keep in mind they primarily want to sell Fighters Passes and there are some people who haven’t bought any DLC. Terry’s placement in the calendar could encourage some more sales of a 25 dollar product which isn’t insignificant.

It’s obvious though Terry would not intrude on Pokemon...it would be the inverse.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, after a good day of playing Overwatch, all I have to say is that it's fun. And honestly, that's all I could ask for. I've grown very fond of characters like Lucio, Winstin, Bastion, Reaper, and a few others I've forgotten the names to already, ha ha. ;p

I haven't tried all of the characters yet, but I have work tomorrow and I'm kind of tired, so I'm gonna stop for now and get some rest.

Oh, and I managed to get the Lionhart skin from a loot box. Looks really cool. The character isn't really my cup of tea, to be honest. But it's there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know, having another Fire Type in Smash would probably make people pretty salty. Like, another FE character levels of salt.
Increase the salt by having it be Scorbunny. The starter evolutions in SS shall be so mysterious that its rep defies the Greninjaroar pattern by not being evolved.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, after a good day of playing Overwatch, all I have to say is that it's fun. And honestly, that's all I could ask for. I've grown very fond of characters like Lucio, Winstin, Bastion, Reaper, and a few others I've forgotten the names to already, ha ha. ;p

I haven't tried all of the characters yet, but I have work tomorrow and I'm kind of tired, so I'm gonna stop for now and get some rest.

Oh, and I managed to get the Lionhart skin from a loot box. Looks really cool. The character isn't really my cup of tea, to be honest. But it's there.
I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far! I recommend trying the Halloween Horde Mode eventually.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just went and saw the new Addams family movie. It was a fun movie. Pacing was alittle fast, but overall, I enjoyed it. 7/10

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
No-one here really cares about it that much beyond ****ting on it and Kojima's headassery like last time it got a bunch of info so it probably won't dominate discussion like a big Nintendo game on a forum for another big Nintendo game.
I mean, I think the game has looked incredible so far, every single trailer I’ve seen for it has completely blown me away

D

Deleted member

My man knows what's up. I also really liked Central Highway and Ridley's theme in this a lot. Napalm Man and Ice Man also had great remixes.
There's just something about that sax solo. Makes a man feel things.
Special mentions also go to Beneath the Mask, the battle themes for Steven, the Alola Elite 4 and Zinnia, Out of Time, Snakey Chantey, Dark Man, and every Banjo remix except for Mumbo's Mountain.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That be a pretty bad move. Smash would either bury Pokémon or Pokémon would bury smash. They’ll want Terry our earlier so there’s no competition between the two and the. They can push poke on when it’s out
I don't think that's much of an issue. They're completely different genres. That'd be like saying Mario Kart and Kirby eat into each others sales if they released at closely together. Their contesting with one another would likely be negligible at best, due to different audiences. Not to say that'd be super smart to release them on the same day, but it's not a huge deal I don't think.

Especially when considering Terry, in this case, is a DLC character for a game that already sold like hotcakes. His individual sales outside of the fighter's pass would literally be less of a financial investment than any entire new game release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom