• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright people, name some horror movies that are "must-watches." I'm building a list of movies to watch next.

And since it's October, why not?
I haven't seen many horror movies, but if you haven't seen them, I'd strongly recommend Halloween (1978), The Thing, and Scream. (though the last one can feel kind of dated at times - one character becomes a suspect because they own a cellular phone! Dun dun duuuuuuuun!!)

If we stretch it to include horror comedies, then Shaun of the Dead is great. I'd also suggest throwing in one of the Evil Dead movies, though I've only seen two. Evil Dead 2 is more horror-themed, though I prefer Army of Darkness. (still, the last ten to fifteen minutes or so of Evil Dead 2 are pure gold)

Going back a long way, I'd say that Frankenstein (the 1931 one) is worth a watch for historical value. (that, and I preferred it over the 1931 Dracula)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Level 19 is good enough, but it might come down to luck depending on if he hits you with snooze phase 1 and heals a lot. As long as you midheal appropriately, you're good enough to beat him.

Also remember the second phase always opens up with the fire breath.
Appreciate the advice.

The Dragonlord has finally been vanquished and peace has returned to the land...at least until Dragon Quest 2, I suppose. Still, it's not a bad game.

I'm pretty interested to see how DQ2 improves on the formula. You have any tips for when I start that one up?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I mean it was one of the films that caused the creation of the PG-13 rating so I say there’s room for qualification
By today's standards it isn't really much scarier compared to other horror films, but I suppose it's technically still a horror movie, yeah.

D

Deleted member

Appreciate the advice.

The Dragonlord has finally been vanquished and peace has returned to the land...at least until Dragon Quest 2, I suppose. Still, it's not a bad game.

I'm pretty interested to see how DQ2 improves on the formula. You have any tips for when I start that one up?
****'s not too complicated until you get a boat. You wont start dying a lot until baboons enter the mix.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Any particular songs you’re looking for? I mean the only other thing I could suggest is try looking up covers instead of remixes?
I tried covers but it just gets me the same song with no change in the instrumentation.

I just want a funky ass pop version of Lollipop! Do I really have to start my own lesbian band just to get it?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
hmm

ş͍̪̖̫̝͎̯̠̩͒̽͊̃̍̏͌̕̚ǫ̧̮̘͇̺̙̰͋͗͑̏̕̚͡ͅm̴̗̭̞̭̥̘̬̺͂̏͋̋́̑͑̿̎͞ę̛̺͎͚͌͂͆́͌̿̑̕͝ͅt̡̟̩͔̤̳̤͌̐͌̒͠h̴̠̼̞̼͎̬͎͙̾̍̐̒͐̅̚͟͡ì̡̙̮͉͕̖̠͈̉́̈̆̀̑̅͘͢͠ņ̢̗̣̻̟̠̂̍̂̕͟͠ģ̶̛̭̗͎̠͒̇̎̋̌́̾̍'̸̗̯̣̗̤̰͍̙̉̏͛͊̽͢͢͝ś̢̧̡̳͈̥͔̟̿̆̾͡͡͡ͅ á̧̧̙̘̼̤̼͓͕̀́̊̔͜͝m̨̨̪͚̘̹͕̫̉͆̑̿̾̊͠ȉ̡̩̣̝͎̳̟͑̾̅̍̑̇͞ș̷̛̲̱̈͐̀̇͗͋͑͢͟͠ś̴̥̜̦̗͍͗̂̀̉͟͢.̶͚̦̻͇͇̦̊͗̾͊̓͜.̴̢̧͉̻̥̱̠̭̄̐͒̆̅͊́͘̕͢.̟̝̙͎̖̯̥͎̔̓̎̌̒̚

D

Deleted member

If you need questions answered, I'm the guide you wont have to look up and read thoroughly. Lamperouge Lamperouge

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of Halloween, may I ask what is your favorite horror video game? Dark Deception? Five Nights at Freddy's? Bendy and the Ink Machine? Something else?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Sakurai is smart, he’ll hold a Smash Direct on the anniversary of Ultimate’s last pre-launch direct. Showing Terry’s gameplay, the Mii Fighter Costumes, Fighter Pack 5, and an idea of what’s coming after.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Sakurai is smart, he’ll hold a Smash Direct on the anniversary of Ultimate’s last pre-launch direct. Showing Terry’s gameplay, the Mii Fighter Costumes, Fighter Pack 5, and an idea of what’s coming after.
With the final words of the Direct being...

"Never ask me for anything ever again."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also. Sakurai. Freddy Fazbear Mii Fighter Costume please. With a remix of that sub-song from FNaF6’s Midnight Motorist game.
Kind of reminds me of the old Game Gear Sonic games. Sounds pretty cool, if you ask me.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I want this song in Smash bad.

I also wouldn’t mind some of the FNaF World soundtrack.
How about a Five Nights at Freddy's stage, taking place at the singing area of the place, taking place at night, with occasional animatronic characters from the game coming out to attack the fighters, with one being able to insta-KO them. Very scary.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How about a Five Nights at Freddy's stage, taking place at the singing area of the place, taking place at night, with occasional animatronic characters from the game coming out to attack the fighters, with one being able to insta-KO them. Very scary.
I would pay money for that.

I still think Circus Baby would make a good Smash Character

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i spent 6 ****ing hours trying to get ken in elite smash

i spent 3 hours going back and forth winning and losing, slowly losing GSP because the ranking system is a ****ing **** ass *****

now i just spent a horrible losing streak and went back to where i started, almost 500,000 GSP lost

1570755545263.png

all that work for ****ing nothing

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just take a bunch of Super Show voice clips

Should be Springtrap.

dude’s got a body count.
In that case, I would be upset if Lou didn't say, "It's a stone, Luigi. You didn't make it."

Speaking of which, fun fact: Did you know Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime in the Transformers, was the first to voice Mario in any media in the show, Saturday Supercade?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There should be a Mario generations with modern Mario and Captain Lou Albano
I know you're just meming, but I have actually thought up of a Mario Generations type game in the past, and even decided on most of the levels that'd be represented

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I imagine a FNAF stage as being on the desk in the security room with various things going on around the room (phone ringing, jumpscares at the doors on either side, cameos on the screens, etc)

FNAF is actually one of those franchises that is perfect for being represented by just a stage, no real need for a character.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I didn't even watch any horror movies until 11th grade, where we watched some as part of my film class. And I wasn't particularly fond of any of them (except for Zombieland).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I imagine a FNAF stage as being on the desk in the security room with various things going on around the room (phone ringing, jumpscares at the doors on either side, cameos on the screens, etc)

FNAF is actually one of those franchises that is perfect for being represented by just a stage, no real need for a character.
That could work too. I do agree on the second sentence, though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know you're just meming, but I have actually thought up of a Mario Generations type game in the past, and even decided on most of the levels that'd be represented
Is there another Mario?

Once Mario hit the NES there’s really only been one Mario design with very slight tweaks over the years. Not a whole ass redesign like Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom