• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Amazing that ori is on switch and surprised that Xbox game studios is publishing it! Given that, y’all know what this means next for Xbox games on the switch:smirk:
1F308F5F-A4CB-4507-8999-A7D529CC7B7B.png

CDF97F24-2F5B-45B2-804A-AFEE504D4638.jpeg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyways the real question we should be asking is who would win in a fight between a monkey with a sword or a penguin with magic capabilities.
Generally speaking, Myrmidons tend to do fairly alright against Mage classes. While Myrmidons tend to have only average attack, mages usually have particularly low defenses which often allows the Myrmidon to 2HKO them, and their speed allows them to double.

Assuming the penguin doesn't have a spell that gets bonus damage against beast units, my money is on they sword monkey.

Shroob

Sup?
Guilty pleasure time.

I've been watching people going through "Haunted" places with all this tech **** to get in the mood for Halloween and I gotta ask

If all these people died ages ago, how the **** do they expect these 'ghosts' to understand what the **** to do with this tech? :drshrug:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guilty pleasure time.

I've been watching people going through "Haunted" places with all this tech **** to get in the mood for Halloween and I gotta ask

If all these people died ages ago, how the **** do they expect these 'ghosts' to understand what the **** to do with this tech? :drshrug:
I personally can't stand that stuff myself.

"Mordicai, can you speak into the microphone?"

Meanwhile, you just know Mordicai's ghost (if you even believe in them in that sense) is thinking some **** like, "What the deuce is a Microphone? Is it from the Orient?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Amazing that ori is on switch and surprised that Xbox game studios is publishing it! Given that, y’all know what this means next for Xbox games on the switch:smirk:
View attachment 235181
View attachment 235182
It would be great if Rare Replay got on Switch, though despite both Rare Replay and MCC being Sabi rumors, who has a great track record, part of me wonders how it could be as it's too good to be true. I always preferred Banjo & Kazooie in Smash over Rare Replay and N64 mini tie-in, as it's something new. However, if Sabi/IGC's rumors are all correct, not only do we get Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, but Rare Replay and N64 mini with Rare titles? That's pretty much everything that I want.

Which is why I'm still on the skeptical train despite their good track records. Hoping they're right.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I personally can't stand that stuff myself.

"Mordicai, can you speak into the microphone?"

Meanwhile, you just know Mordicai's ghost (if you even believe in them in that sense) is thinking some **** like, "What the deuce is a Microphone? Is it from the Orient?
"IF YOU'RE HERE, PLEASE USE THIS BOX THAT GOES THROUGH MULTIPLE RADIO STATIONS!"

*They hear something, almost assuredly just an excerpt from one of the dozen radio stations being run at once*

"BRO DID YOU HEAR THAT? I HEARD IT!"

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
“Hey my dudes I want Steve in Smash.”

“nah my dude just a stage is perfect.”

“but it wouldn’t be as fun and wouldn’t really show what the game is about.”

“yeah but who cares homie brosif dog just a stage is perfect.”

“but over a hundred thousand fans care and that’s at the very least based on internet stuffs like videos and social media, and we want more Steve recognition too not just Smash.”

“so what dude it’ll be fine.”

inhales deeply

“JUST SHUT THE FRICK UP, YOU DON’T CARE, IF YOU DON’T LIKE STEVE JUST SAY IT.”

*a wild Troll appeared!*

“AW HECK NAW I ain’t letting another ignorant, arrogant, childish baffoon ruin my time while ignoring my points again.”
I don’t think it’s good how this starts as two people just calmly voicing their differing opinions until one person explodes. And then the other person is deemed a troll. That’s not a healthy way to discuss things. And your not always going to be able to convince the other person. I still feel that Minecraft would be fine with a stage because the game is more about the environment than your abilities. And it would be easier (and more balanced) to have a crafting system be a stage gimmick that everyone can do, rather than just one character. But that’s just me. I do at least acknowledge he has potential.

Sitting is in fact very important to me, so this is news I needed.
I skimmed through the video and it honestly doesn’t look like they showed anything we didn’t already know. The title makes it sound like something more important is happening.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning, guys, been watching Neon Genesis Evangelion through the first three episodes of the series. I kind of relate to Shinji as being the quiet, emotionless type who is always timid and doesn't make friends. For most of my life in my progression of being a teen, I've never been able to make friends with anyone and would usually keep to myself, especially during my Middle School days. In my PE class, I've tried to make some conversation with the other boys but they would always use my unsocial nature for something to laugh at.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think it’s good how this starts as two people just calmly voicing their differing opinions until one person explodes. And then the other person is deemed a troll. That’s not a healthy way to discuss things. And your not always going to be able to convince the other person. I still feel that Minecraft would be fine with a stage because the game is more about the environment than your abilities. And it would be easier (and more balanced) to have a crafting system be a stage gimmick that everyone can do, rather than just one character. But that’s just me. I do at least acknowledge he has potential.
Minecraft is all about what the player does in their world, literally mining and crafting or building, being creative or surviving (or both). The crafting gimmick would be just fine as something just to power up Steve or just something to let Steve craft certain things just by knocking resources out of opponents or blocks he places (since he could also place blocks, another fun thing he could do that you won’t get from a stage), and at this point I guess Spiral Mountain may as well let players do shock spring jumps and whatever or just have Banjo & Kazooie doing stuff in the background - no, they should be playable. Really, anyone who brings up this argument is really just saying “nothing is fine” to actual fans of a franchise/series since we don’t really “need” anything, while they probably prop up the dumb “deserving” argument elsewhere and likely don’t actually care about Steve or they don’t want him.

My thoughts were also in regards to what seems to be a common argument (yes, it’s being used as an argument instead of just an opinion), and the troll was actually a new person joining in, like how the usual trolls throw insults or random assumptions while ignoring points just so they can dump on a character’s fans. Basically, I’m tired of people of pushing subjective views as hard facts and basically shrug off the thousands and thousands of Steve fans (and other characters’ fans in some other arguments that grasp for more than the usual speculation), and I hate running into trolls on YouTube and whatnot so I felt like letting off that steam as well.

I want Steve to have more recognition, not just be in Smash. They gave him a unique design and a name, and even treated him as a main character before, but now only sometimes acknowledge him while only a few Mojang members will offer their own ideas as to what Steve would think instead of basically saying “you’re the same as Steve even though we basically treat him as the face of the game and a separate character just by plastering him in tons of promotional stuff and everything, so you do it. We’re going to ignore our thousands and thousands of fans that are attached to him, we don’t care if he’s basically our Link” (though most Mojang members haven’t said anything in regards to Steve to be fair). I’m sure you all can understand a similar feeling at least.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yo, thanks for the help!

I’ve really got to stop imagining Tails saying these things...
Youre good lol. And Tails is my favorite sonic character. Very intelligent and pleasant.
>Picks up Overwatch again for the first time in over two years
>Picks Orisa since she was my main during the free trial weeks
>Dies repeatedly while contributing exactly nothing to my team
>Switch to playing Reaper instead
>Suddenly stops being terrible and I somehow even get the Play of the Game

Not even sure how to respond to that, but I am satisfied.
Dude youre playing Overwatch again?!??! WE NEED TO PLAY TOGETHER!!!

also, reaper is easier to pick up (orisa isnt terribly hard, but reaper is cake to pick up for most) and reaper recently got buffed while orisa recently got nerfs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, something to notebin the trailer is that NPC's fully recognize you. They turn to face you, and even do a different facial expression or animatiom, such as the guy who was talking to some kids turning to face you and laughing when you approach.

I know SuMo kinda did something like that, but they never changed their expression at all.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Also, something to notebin the trailer is that NPC's fully recognize you. They turn to face you, and even do a different facial expression or animatiom, such as the guy who was talking to some kids turning to face you and laughing when you approach.

I know SuMo kinda did something like that, but they never changed their expression at all.
This reminds me, have we seen how trainer battles work in the wild zone? Do they chase you down or something or is it still the whole "making eye contact" thing?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Don't know if it was mentioned here or not, but in case it hasn't, it's also now confirmed that Pokemon Global Link will not support Pokemon Sword and Shield. Joining online competitions will now be done directly in the games, and other features like viewing rankings, distribution regulations, and the event calendar will now be done on the Pokemon HOME mobile app that will come out in early 2020.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Don't know if it was mentioned here or not, but in case it hasn't, it's also now confirmed that Pokemon Global Link will not support Pokemon Sword and Shield. Joining online competitions will now be done directly in the games, and other features like viewing rankings, distribution regulations, and the event calendar will now be done on the Pokemon HOME mobile app that will come out in early 2020.
Doesn't surprise me, their doing a whole overhaul of their online system it seems.

Besides, global link is clunky beyond belief.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I don't think we have seen Trainer Battles that aren't rival battles if I can remember correctly.
Masuda: The Wild Zone actually has a feral effect on trainers, in which upon seeing the player, they will relentlessly chase them on all fours in pursuit of a battle. We thought this might spruce up and intensify gameplay.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yep. We've had the info for a few days but the scan just came out.
the whole thing with Bonyu is basicly "you are not fam anymore, your moves are weak"
This is awesome!

[Mario and Sonic]

Might try this game if it doesn't have gimmicky controls.
Man, forget sword and Shield, Im looking forward to this way more now

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Huh, it seems as if the games got a bit of a face lift. And they put back sitting down after Alola removed it. Nice.
The lower camera angle/sloped terrain are doing a lot more than I anticipated. Before this, I didn't really vividly envision myself spending a ton of time in towns/anywhere aside from Wild Areas.

I really appreciate the small things, in these games. Taking snapshots with random NPCs, walking around and taking in the sights/seeing towns off in the distance, listening to each town's theme, etc. Sun and Moon (and Ultra S/M) had some neat locales/dumb things like laying in beds, but a lot of it was lost on me with how empty it seemed most of the time. Ultra at least tried with introducing certain "pettable" Pokemon in overworld, which was neat, but then had empty hallway syndrome to the logical extreme sometimes (Ultra Megalopolis). Feel like I enjoyed messing around in Let's Go better, though that's more recent/on my mind.

This is awesome!
Might try this game if it doesn't have gimmicky controls.
Huh, neat. My interest in this game rose slightly, granted it releasing in the already stacked November (the day after my birthday, no less) doesn't do it any favors.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sitting is in fact very important to me, so this is news I needed.
sitting returns
Hell yeah dude

It’s a comfy lookin town, I really liked it. But man, they really don’t wanna show us any new Pokémon. You get one trailer with new Pokémon per month and then you’re done, huh?

I mean I get it. People really didn’t like the Sun and Moon method of showing literally everything before release, but I feel like there’s a balance to be struck here.

But yeah, game still looks fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom