• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
anyways i had a really weird dream where endgame came out but only to purchase on youtube and it was just carol, thanos, batman, superman, and for some goddamn reason a yoshi fighting galactus
Great, now real Endgame will be disappointing because it's impossible to live up to this.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I’m Alive!
.... or awake.

Anyway, the EarthBound poll will be open for the next hour. Then we’ll move on to the Pokémon poll

Vote here for EarthBound
https://www.strawpoll.me/17822309
Will be interested to see how the first game does as it tends to get overlooked

Also, how will the Pokemon poll work: will it factor in remakes also?

D

Deleted member

Looks like I'm getting into your head :yoshi:
pretty sure you are, the yoshi was really the only one pulling it's weight in the fight

i think he was swallowing galactus' toes or something? he wasn't letting him move at all

batman and superman were useless for some reason, that much i can remember

pretty sure carol ate a sandwich at some point

and i remember **** about what thanos was doing

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Will be interested to see how the first game does as it tends to get overlooked

Also, how will the Pokemon poll work: will it factor in remakes also?
Yes. The remakes will be listed separately, as I have been informed that they are basically completely different games.

Vote in the EarthBound Poll

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
pretty sure you are, the yoshi was really the only one pulling it's weight in the fight

i think he was swallowing galactus' toes or something? he wasn't letting him move at all

Thanos was wondering why people are so obsessed with shoving Ant-man into his colon.

Speaking of which...
Also, an alternate joke to the one Zinith and I said is: "the new generation of the Sense of Right Alliance".

D

Deleted member

Despite all potential plots seemingly being ones which would ruin Endgame, the Russo bros. actually finished writing the end of Endgame prior to finishing Infinity War.
I’m hopeful..

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Guys?

C'MON!!! His toe is made up of dozens of filthy galaxies!!! I'd appreciate that you'd do something!!! :yoshi:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Despite all potential plots seemingly being ones which would ruin Endgame, the Russo bros. actually finished writing the end of Endgame prior to finishing Infinity War.
I’m hopeful..
Yeah, it's generally a good thing when writers plan their multi-installment stories in advance.

D

Deleted member

me: logs out of youtube and disables recommendations

youtube thumbnails:
Screenshot_2019-04-16-07-38-03~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I had a dream where the Little Mermaid 2 ended with the daughter sacrificing her life instead of Ariel to save the world from an explosion. And Triton was so mad at it that he destroyed Atlantis and “closed it forever”. Then I argued with my sister about how much that ending sucked.

Then the dream changed and I was being shown around the new Gender Inclusive Locker Room and someone else in the room started chanting “ew” when I tried to change into my swimsuit so I slapped him with it.

Then it changed and I was back in my clothes in a school library and we were all in line to learn the libraries new policy on checking out Pokémon cards. But when I got to the front of the line it was just this huge buffet and one of my childhood friends took all the Baklava. Then, as I loaded up my plate, I realized in the dream that eating this would break my diet as the world turned into hell around me. Which jolted me awake.

Vote in the EarthBound poll!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Who's surprised?

Hard pass on this one.

So, Dawn of Justice.

I'm so proud of her.

D

Deleted member

I’m hopeful..
tbh people really overanalyze the trailers

reminds me of the "tony's hand" fiasco

one of the first trailers for infinity war showed tony holding a bloody hand and we spent MONTHS trying to figure out who's it is

was it peter's?
cap's?
pepper's?

and then it turns out it was his own ****ing hand and that scene was seconds before the credits rolled

basically no natasha looking sad does not mean that she's pregnant and i highly doubt that they revealed all the major story beats in the trailers considering they like to put fake scenes in them

the only concrete thing we know is that at some point the avengers minus tony and nebula say "let's go and beat thanos and get the stones"

that's the only 100% confirmed thing y'all stay calm

KMDP

Smash Legend
the only concrete thing we know is that at some point the avengers minus tony and nebula say "let's go and beat thanos and get the stones"
Knowing how the original Infinity Gauntlet story ended, Nebula will probably be the one to solve the problem in the end.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember when people thought Edelgard was the protagonist of the Three Houses even though first trailer clearly showed Byleth and we knew she was one of three students?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Remember when people thought Edelgard was the protagonist of the Three Houses even though first trailer clearly showed Byleth and we knew she was one of three students?
Moral of the story: People are dumb.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tbh people really overanalyze the trailers

reminds me of the "tony's hand" fiasco

one of the first trailers for infinity war showed tony holding a bloody hand and we spent MONTHS trying to figure out who's it is

was it peter's?
cap's?
pepper's?

and then it turns out it was his own ****ing hand and that scene was seconds before the credits rolled

basically no natasha looking sad does not mean that she's pregnant and i highly doubt that they revealed all the major story beats in the trailers considering they like to put fake scenes in them

that's the only 100% confirmed thing y'all stay calm
Remember when Infinity War trailers had Hulk fight in Wakanda only for Hulk to have ****ed off entirely after the first 5 minutes of the movie?

D

Deleted member

Knowing how the original Infinity Gauntlet story ended, Nebula will probably be the one to solve the problem in the end.
then again people also thought cap was gonna die in civil war because of that same reasoning

though if either nebula, thor, drax (somehow), or to a lesser extent tony don't land the killing blow come ON mr. russo 1 & 2 what are y'all thinking

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I always knew she wasn’t the protagonist. When I first started making Smash predictions Byleth didn’t have a name yet and Edelgard looked the coolest of the three students.

I still think that, if we get a 3 houses character at all, it should be Pokémon Trainer style with all three students.

Vote in the EarthBound Poll

D

Deleted member

Remember when Infinity War trailers had Hulk fight in Wakanda only for Hulk to have ****ed off entirely after the first 5 minutes of the movie?
or all those toy leaks with the hulk bursting out of the hulkbuster only for that to never happen in the movie and for people to realize that the toys only reflect very very very early movie concepts

D

Deleted member

good morning guys :3
or other time of day if it's not morning for you

D

Deleted member

I’m dying to watch these leaks, but I don’t want the film spoiled.
This is the first time in my life I haven’t wanted something spoiled for me.

D

Deleted member

This endgame spoilers huh? Crazy how much of the movie leaked, pretty substantial **** too. Godspeed to those trying to avoid them though.

Anyways, I do wonder who the next big villain is going to be. Gut feeling tells me it’s Annhilus, but my heart wants it to be Dr Doom.

KMDP

Smash Legend
then again people also thought cap was gonna die in civil war because of that same reasoning

though if either nebula, thor, drax (somehow), or to a lesser extent tony don't land the killimg blow come ON mr. russo 1 & 2 what are y'all thinking
I think "Cap dying" is a little different to "Nebula puts everything right".

Captain America dying at the end of Civil War would have required bringing him back, which is a can of worms they probably don't want to deal with, and they'd have to have done so in time for Infinity War.

Nebula getting ahold of the Infinity Gauntlet and righting all of Thanos' wrongs has a certain charm and irony to it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This endgame spoilers huh? Crazy how much of the movie leaked, pretty substantial **** too. Godspeed to those trying to avoid them though.

Anyways, I do wonder who the next big villain is going to be. Gut feeling tells me it’s Annhilus, but my heart wants it to be Dr Doom.
I want them to have Dormammu done better, there's a panel of him pummelling and insulting Hulk and saying he could defeat him in the blink of an eye or some ****. "HULK WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY" Dormammu then goes "ok" and Hulk is turned to stone in the next panel

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This just goes to show that the more you care about leaks and spoilers the more likely it is to happen. Just get over it Marvel.
I want them to have Dormammu done better, there's a panel of him pummelling and insulting Hulk and saying he could defeat him in the blink of an eye or some ****. "HULK WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY" Dormammu then goes "ok" and Hulk is turned to stone in the next panel
While I admit I want to see Dormammu get a bit more justice, I also have to admit I want to see the MCU version of Shuma-Gorath in Dr. Strange 2

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well where else can I begin swallowing a cosmic entity whole without him noticing? :yoshi:
Please don't answer this.

This just goes to show that the more you care about leaks and spoilers the more likely it is to happen. Just get over it Marvel.
That's a logical fallacy. Just because there are leaks despite precautions doesn't mean they make leaks more likely.

D

Deleted member

eh tbh hulk has had the whole "show how strong the new character is by having them beat one of the strongest guys" thing happen to him twice now

would rather it happen to like thor or carol or something in that case so hulk doesn't become too much of a butt monkey

D

Deleted member

Tbf immediately after
55EA8838-A933-422C-B05D-422C2B82E77C.jpeg

71C4CB46-AE61-4137-AF45-85203434A647.jpeg

culumon

Smash Apprentice
I uhh generally don't mean to dunk on characters people like so absolutely no beef intended here but it's insane how substantially more appealing this character design is than Steve's imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom