• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ya know, you say "mass appeal" but I don't know a single person in my friend group whose actually played Shadow Dragon.
Shadow Dragon specifically, not so much, but Archanea itself, absolutely. Mostly mass appeal in Japan, but still. FE3 sold better than any other game there. Basing them on SD specifically was likely to keep things international.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
my dreams have risen from beyond the grave.

I shall now continue to never expect them coming true, especially since I'd want Spongebob playable instead of "yeah he exists somewhere in this world."
I used to advocate for him believe it or not. There was a time when I seriously advocated for SpongeBob, Goku, and Dr. Who.

Now I just seriously advocate for Goku, Scrooge McDuck, and James Bond!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shadow Dragon specifically, not so much, but Archanea itself, absolutely. Mostly mass appeal in Japan, but still. FE3 sold better than any other game there. Basing them on SD specifically was likely to keep things international.
Plus it’s also the start of the franchise. Would feel really weird to completely ignore it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, FE3 is a ****ing goddamn masterpiece that not enough people have experienced so I'm not fine with that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, real talk: I'd be okay with Spongebob in Smash if multimedia characters were possible.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A Fire Emblem fighting game from Arc System Works could be pretty interesting. I'd maybe even get into it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, real talk: I'd be okay with Spongebob in Smash if multimedia characters were possible.
They’re possible. It’s not like there’s anything stoping him from buying the license.

The problem is that multi media characters are harder to adapt and make movesets for because they don’t have a pre-established Moves list. Not to mention it would be the final stone that breaks the games theming.

Still want Scrooge and James Bond though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly...

I really prefer the Dissidia method of putting all the faces and representatives in first, and then adding the popular characters later, rather than appealing to fans of 3 specific games and giving clones to 2 others.
dissidia wallpaper.jpg

No fan of any game feels "left out" via this method and the truly popular characters get to to come in later as DLC.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh boy my picture of legendary Big are rubbing coconut butter on his pecks boobs got spoiled and mighty mentally scarred a mod or two...sexiness can’t be handled confirmed
Am I invisible again? This irritates me to no end!!!
Just post lots of stuff until one of them gets noticed...they’re practically forced to reply or like to one of them
Everyone please take time out of your day to enjoy this masterpiece:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/bfnwa7
807ED1D4-3743-4F3E-AB7A-04CB1A30D0B5.png
542E1495-7FFD-42D1-A928-E4188D8376FF.png
0BCCDC90-5B7C-431C-9D2C-0D3FBBA24CDF.png
only response

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most people call me NSG. Unless that person is @Luigi The President who calls me NSP. And he's the only one allowed to do that.
Starting to think none of you have ever opened someone's profile before or at least bothered to not assume pronouns
[Redacted Content]
D91_47_070_0004_600.jpg

At this point in my life, what you see is what you get and no amount of lectures from you is gonna change that.
Your refusal to changing is unrelated to your age.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly...

I really prefer the Dissidia method of putting all the faces and representatives in first, and then adding the popular characters later, rather than appealing to fans of 3 specific games and giving clones to 2 others.
View attachment 211161
No fan of any game feels "left out" via this method and the truly popular characters get to to come in later as DLC.
I’ve always wanted to play Dissidia. Maybe I’ll pick up NT.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly...

View attachment 211161
i sure did forget everyone in FF3 were literal children

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why, are you insecure about having them?
Yeah, sorta. I talk to them when I get lonely, pretend they have feelings and all sorts of likes and dislikes, that stuff. It's comforting, but I'm definitely insecure about it.

Roberk

Smash Champion
The decision to focus on three games made total sense though. That way they could further flesh out the casts of those games instead of only limiting them to, say, the main lords. What sucked was the distribution AMONG those three. Awakening hit he sweet spot of six, but Fates got nine while Shadow Dragon only got three. It should have been six for each.

For a first entry, it made sense to focus on the most popular. Awakening and Fates were best-sellers, while Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light was the first entry (not to mention OG Mystery of the Emblem being the best selling game [when only looking at Japan] in the series to this day). The Jugdral games and Binding Blade remain Japan-only still, Shadows of Valentia was too early in development to add more than Celica, and despite how beloved they are, the Tellius duology sold very poorly and hasn't been rereleased yet. The Sacred Stones and The Blazing Blade were the only overly popular omissions, mostly Blazing Blade, but at least Lyn got thrown a bone.

Basically, if they had to limit it to three games, I think they picked the right three as far as mass appeal.
I just wish FEW felt more like a love letter to the series like Hyrule Warriors was to Zelda. While HW started with only 3 games like FEW, they expanded to include nearly every mainline character and game. Meanwhile, FEW only expanded its roster problem with DLC, adding more characters from games already represented. While some DLC was fleshing our characters like Owain who was already in the game taking significantly less work), some was adding entirely new unique characters which could’ve been someone like Ike or a Sacred Stones rep.

D

Deleted member

Think this might be a hint towards the next DLC character tbh
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom