• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
On the subject of DLC leaks, I think "Baboom" as a DLC concept is a tad too early even for Sakurai and Game Freak to include beyond a Smash game's base game cycle. Sm4sh gave us Mewtwo again, but he's a veteran.

Although Corrin's situation is similar to what "Baboom" is heading towards, the difference between the two is that we've known about Corrin for a while, versus Sword and Shield news being at its infancy overall.

Even if we learn about the final evolutions sometime this summer (which is doubtful), that's still way too close to its hypothetical eventual Smash announcement.

well i do love me some soup
View attachment 222635
"Then you must be a Soup-er Doup-er ****poster!"

Staindgrey: "Hmm."

Gentlepanda: [Monologuing] ("If he's a Soup-er Doup-er ****poster, then I shall find a way to become a Soup-er DEE Doup-er ****poster!")

Noipoi: "Bean, Panda?"

Gentlepanda: "Yeeeesss" [eats green pea spread toast, because of course he would]

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
smash ultimate doesn't even start you off with 10 characters

should we infract smash ultimate?

D

Deleted member

Then you must be a Soup-er Doup-er ****poster!"

Staindgrey: "Hmm."

Gentlepanda: [Monologuing] ("If he's a Soup-er Doup-er ****poster, then I shall find a way to become a Soup-er DEE Doup-er ****poster!")

Noipoi: "Bean, Panda?"

Gentlepanda: "Yeeeesss" [eats green pea spread toast, because of course he would]
*sobbing* i dont know what the **** this means

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, I disagree entirely but :drshrug:

Awakening is Robin's game/story with Chrom just kinda being there, and Lucina being from the aftermath of it.
Just gonna point out that pretty much nobody said this before Robin was confirmed for Smash.

Also Robin is basically irrelevant for the first two of the game's three arcs. He's not more important than Chrom.

D

Deleted member

smash ultimate doesn't even start you off with 10 characters

should we infract smash ultimate?
sakurai has received an infraction at smash world forums for spam (6 points, whenever he adds my most wanted)

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just gonna point out that pretty much nobody said this before Robin was confirmed for Smash.

Also Robin is basically irrelevant for the first two of the game's three arcs. He's not more important than Chrom.
Robin is the smart character trope of the group that helps devise plans for the main character to put into action.

Difference is we get to play that trope.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I dunno, the Valm arc didn't seem particularly important compared to Gangrel or Grima.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright. Here's #7 of my Top 10 Anime List

Kekkai Sensen, also known as Blood Blockade Battlefront, is probably the most underrated anime on this list, yet it's one I'd recommend the most.

The premise is relatively simple. A portal to the "Beyond," a mystical realm where all manner of vampires, Gods, and assorted weird creatures exist, opens beneath New York City one day, turning it into Hellsalem's Lot. Leonardo Watch decides to work in Hellsalem's Lot to help his family, or specifically, his sister. A vacation outside the city turned bad when a mysterious entity appeared before her and Leo, offering one the All Seeing Eyes of God at the cost of the other's vision. Before he could even move she offered her own sight, leading to the events of the story. In Hellsalem's Lot, Leo ends up working alongside Libra, an underground organization dedicated to defending the city, and the world at large against all manner of threats.

With a premise like that, it must sound pretty generic, right? Yet, with that very premise Kekkai Sensen can do whatever the [REDACTED] it wants. One episode it's a slice of life about living in a weird, backwards ass city, the next episode they're fighting vampires, or the literal ****ing apocalypse, the next episode it's a character drama exploring a character's backstory or expanding on the relationships between characters. To put a phrase to it, Kekkai Sensen is consistently inconsistent. Yet, despite how often this phrase is used in a negative context—which, despite what some think, is important—this is a good thing for Kekkai Sensen. It's not held down by any conventional format, and this is the show's most prominent strength. At the cost of more conventional stories and arcs, the show is free to explore the large and varied setting that is Hellsalem's Lot.

The show has a fun cast that mesh together well, and it's a wonder to see what sort of weird problems they face throughout the show. It's got pretty good music, and the animation doesn't leave anything to be desired. At times the writing falls prey to standard tropes, and the unconventional format can at times be a negative since arcs and characters get picked up, only to get dropped. Overall though, the show is fun; it doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's easy to just let go and get immersed in it.

I've got no writing order as of right now, so I'll need more suggestions. Anyone can choose a number 1-10 barring 4, 7, 8, and 9. The Letters H and T are also available.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you're in the ultimate social thread speculating the night away and this guy slaps your partner's ass -- what do?

1558394533113.png

Shroob

Sup?
Jesus ****ing christ I was watching a video in another tab and suddenly the goddamn Avengers theme blares at full blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom