• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can someone tell me about this Baboom leak? I’m not caught up yet.
It was a leak posted on 4chan.

Supposedly the roster is as follows

Joker
Erdrick
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Countess (Kasumi, free echo for Joker owners. Not part of the fighter's pass)
Baboom (Grookey Evolution)

It's fake, but I'd be all for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ultimate Social Thread Theme (Night Version)- From the 2019 videogame “Smashboards Simulator”

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ultimate Social Thread Theme (Night Version)- From the 2019 videogame “Smashboards Simulator”
Smashboards Simulator was actually a series of text-to-speech videos made whenever salt happened back in Smash 4 speculation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
image machine broke
no images, huh

can i offer you all a shrek in these trying times

⢀⡴⠑⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠸⡇⠀⠿⡀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡴⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⢄⣠⠾⠁⣀⣄⡈⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠁⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠂⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⡿⢿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⣁⣀⠀⠴⠂⠙⣗⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⠭⢤⣴⣦⣤⣹⠀⠀⠀⢀⢴⣶⣆ ⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣷⣮⣽⣾⣿⣥⣴⣿⣿⡿⢂⠔⢚⡿⢿⣿⣦⣴⣾⠁⠸⣼⡿ ⠀⢀⡞⠁⠙⠻⠿⠟⠉⠀⠛⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣌⢤⣼⣿⣾⣿⡟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⣾⣷⣶⠇⠀⠀⣤⣄⣀⡀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠉⠈⠉⠀⠀⢦⡈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣽⡹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣽⡻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣜⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣷⣶⣮⣭⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⠻⠿⠿⠿⠿⠛⠉
Hey now Shrek

D

Deleted member

The law of the land demands you update your profile, which says you main Isabelle
But I'm still better as Isabelle than I am as Snake
I just have a lot of fun playing as Snake and I'm pretty good as him too

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh and the only good part of that leak is Phoenix Wright.

The rest is trash.

Yes, I called Erdrick trash. Fight me. Do it. I dares ya.
Big disagree. This is the only fighter pass leak, fake or otherwise, with a remotely interesting roster imo. Far better than the constant run of Doom/Dark Souls/Ninja Gaiden fakes we've been getting that are kind of beyond boring.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
But I'm still better as Isabelle than I am as Snake
I just have a lot of fun playing as Snake and I'm pretty good as him too
Oh yeah, nothing wrong with that - if you like a character and seem to get results with them, go with it. Nothing wrong with having secondaries etc.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
On the topic of fake leaks, a question:

Is Gothitelle the weirdest inclusion in a fake leak that was ever taken seriously by a large part of the community? Or is there another, better (perhaps blindingly obvious) example?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On the topic of fake leaks, a question:

Is Gothitelle the weirdest inclusion in a fake leak that was ever taken seriously by a large part of the community? Or is there another, better (perhaps blindingly obvious) example?
Ehhh... I think Katalina tops it by just a little bit...

I even remember kinda giving in, and legitimately thinking she had a chance, even listing her among my DLC predictions at the time... lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing is disliking the addition of certain characters (I personally would be dissapointed with a Dark Souls rep or Bandana Waddle Dee, since they don’t seem that interesting or worth of 6€ in my case), but another is to call them trash without giving any reason at all while only asking for people to jump on you and cause trouble.

Even with the case of the Dark Souls rep and Bandana Dee I could at least be happy for the people who wanted them (even if my past experience with a few supporters of the latter wasn’t so pleasant the moment I mentioned Adeleine to them). Smash Bros is a game, and we shouldn’t be fighting over who gets on it while looking for fights.

I may want Crash and Eight a lot for Smash, but I could live without them getting in since Crash is having new games and merchandising at last and so does DQ.

osby

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

https://capx.fandom.com/wiki/Baboom

Is it a fangame? This is a fanmade Pokèmon? I doubt Nintendo would name a real pokèmon after a fanmade one, I suppose they do research.
Never forget Incineroar though
Big disagree. This is the only fighter pass leak, fake or otherwise, with a remotely interesting roster imo. Far better than the constant run of Doom/Dark Souls/Ninja Gaiden fakes we've been getting that are kind of beyond boring.
Edelgard alone would make that leak for me. But Grookey's final evo too? AND Phoenix Wright? God I WISH this was real.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We don't need a new Pokemon. We don't need a new Fire Emblem. Erdrick is boring. There's not a thing there that interests me save Phoenix.

But to each their own. The other fake leak passes at least provide ''Wow. You'd never expect them in Smash." levels of excitement.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Never forget Incineroar though

Edelgard alone would make that leak for me. But Grookey's final evo too? AND Phoenix Wright? God I WISH this was real.
That's what I'm saying. It's like 99.99% fake simply BECAUSE it's too good to be true.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I don't want a new Pokemon. I don't want a new Fire Emblem. Erdrick is boring. There's not a thing there that interests me save Phoenix.

But to each their own. The other fake leak passes at least provide ''Wow. You'd never expect them in Smash." levels of excitement.
Fixed it for you.

I like how you first Day certain characters shouldn't be in smash but then cover yourself with that classic "Hey, you can have your opinion" get-out-of-jail-free card.

Something predictable but really cool can make people way more excited than someting unexpected.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We don't need a new Pokemon. We don't need a new Fire Emblem.
We do. Just ones that have already been popular for years. Of course, people who are mad at Pokemon and FE wouldn't know that there are popular Pokemon/FE characters that still aren't playable, and want to live in ignorance.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
in what world is that a good fighter pass
In my world (And likely Opossum's) at the very least.

Unlike the other prominent "leak" rosters going around (like the google leak), there's isn't a single character on here that I dislike. Add to the fact that Edelgard and Phoenix Wright are among my most wanted characters, this is a pretty solid list for me, ngl.

You know what they say, one person's junk is another person's treasure

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Fighter's Pass like that would save me a good 35-40 bucks. It's nice to save money.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, this is the first roster "leak" that I like more than dislike.

Erdrick is... Erdrick. Phoenix is a neutral 3rd party for me. Edelgard is one of my most wanted and Baboom could (hypothetically) be an interesting Pokemon.

It ain't anywhere near my ideal roster, but it's probably the closest I'll ever get to it.

So if it's real (which it's not), I'll take it.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Question: would people genuinly not buy the fighter passes if they're Nintendo characters? Even if their moves are made really well, the stage is good and the music sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom