• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think this is a great question.

As a straight white guy, have I found certain women in gaming attractive? Yes. Have I found some sexy, sure. Do I appreciate games where the sexualization of women is completely over the top? No, not really.

Like, take Mortal Kombat 9 for example. That game came out when I was in high school. Yes, I thought some of the characters were at the time attractive. However, at this point in my life I find the outfits in that game to be ridiculous and just...stupid. In what world does a woman fighting another person just have huge breasts that are only covered by a skimpy combat vest thing, if you can call it that.

For me, it entirely depends on context. I personally think that the United States views sexuality in an honestly weird way. A lot of things get perverted, REAL quick, make no mistake. I don’t think sexuality, or expressing someone’s sexuality in a healthy way should be frowned upon or actively looked down upon.

Men want to ****. There are times when, believe it or not, women want to ****. There’s nothing wrong with either of those things, and if a woman wants to “feel sexy” in her own way, then she should be allowed to do that without being called a ****, *****, or tramp.

I mean, if the context is a game in which the designs are solely sexualized for the fanservice then yeah, that’s kinda...weird.

Sexuality should not be stigmatized. Men nor women should be stigmatized when it comes to sex. I mean, we’re also talking about a game in which people can get cut literally in half and we can see every single major organ. To me, that’s disgusting at this age. It’s not a draw. I personally think that a disillusionment from the actual implications of violence is worse for society than sexuality is.

Granted, nothing is black and white. Young men haven’t been raised to respect women the way they should (which is why in addition to strong women as role models for girls, young men need role models that aren’t always violent and “getting the girl”), but that’s something I feel can be worked on. The more violence young people see, it seems like it’s more normalized. It just...seems like people think violence is normal.

Long story short, women and men should be able to express their sexuality as they like as long as they are in control of themselves. It’s not up to me to say what a woman should do when she wants to “feel sexy”. It’s not my business what other people do in the bedroom. Nobody should tell a man or woman they “have” to do anything they aren’t comfortable with.
I think we mostly align on our viewpoints here.

I find a hard time caring about (in a negative way) characters with blatantly sexual designs as much but it’s much better than something mindnumbingly uncomfortable and degenerate like Panty Party for the the Nintendo Switch home entertainment system

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

pff til that not only can men have anorexia, i have it too
TU5EuAv.png

anyways late but momo would be fine if she wasn't meant to be 16

i mean yeah yeah she's anime 16 i.e. she don't look like no kid but it's still pretty wack

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Who is that girl and why looks like a fusion between Candy Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, possibly a Digimon and... yeah, just tell me
That's Elphelt from Guilty Gear.

Don't know much about the character outside of that, since I'm not well-versed in Guilty Gear lore.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who is that girl and why looks like a fusion between Candy Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, possibly a Digimon and... yeah, just tell me
That would be Elphelt from Guilty Gear.

She is a walking Guns and Roses reference, and wants every character to marry her.
In other words, a literal waifu.

Also she's top-tier as **** and everyone hates her because of her grenades and guns.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm not kidding either, they put the guy on the bottom in a suit for the sequel and the SF fanbase got legit pissed they couldn't see the banana hammock in all its HD glory.

Of course Capcom just let the player do both.
I saw an internet commenter who was pissed that Juri's swimsuit costume made her wear shoes.

:facepalm:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra finding a new potential victim for "The List"

View attachment 211805

2019, colorized

That's Elphelt from Guilty Gear.

Don't know much about the character outside of that, since I'm not well-versed in Guilty Gear lore.
That would be Elphelt from Guilty Gear.

She is a walking Guns and Roses reference, and wants every character to marry her.
In other words, a literal waifu.

Also she's top-tier as **** and everyone hates her because of her grenades and guns.
Guess who just bought a pack of new color pencils that includes 3 types of pink and white :yeahboi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not kidding either, they put the guy on the bottom in a suit for the sequel and the SF fanbase got legit pissed they couldn't see the banana hammock in all its HD glory.

Of course Capcom just let the player do both.
The real game is getting buff and playing the game wearing said banana hammock irl to fully immerse yourself

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

Wanting to be a Mesopotamian Thong-Warrior named after pee
karnera

karnera

do you understand how hard

how goddamn ****ing hard you're making this for me

i said i wouldn't owo

not since the accident

but ohhhhoho you are making this REALLY ****ING HARD on me, karnera

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I saw an internet commenter who was pissed that Juri's swimsuit costume made her wear shoes.

:facepalm:
Hot take, SF characters look better with shoes on, mainly in modern 3d artstyle era.
Everyone's descended from ****ing Bigfoot with how ridiculously big they are

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No one is preventing creators from designing attractive characters, there just should not be such an objetification and sexualization of them.
You make a very good point.
When I want to be watching anime or playing a game, I want a nice outfit that is suitable. Take for example :ultjoker:'s outfit. It is a nice cloak, the dark colors fit so well with the theme, the red gloves fit as well, etc. :ultzelda:'s outfit makes her look like a formal princess from the Zelda series.
It becomes very annoying when you got this character with giant breasts and a skimpy suit that claim they are some kind of powerful guardian being. Like, I do not want to wince in uncomfortableness when I see a character that is supposed to be mainly "normal". Fan-service can happen, but I do not want it extended too much to the point where it makes me gag.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hot take, SF characters look better with shoes on, mainly in modern 3d artstyle era.
Everyone's descended from ****ing Bigfoot with how ridiculously big they are
SF proportions have always been ****ing weird. It's part of its distinct visual style, though.

I do like it, and I think SFV basically looks like a much better version of SFIV, but whenever they make SFVI they should really consider a design overhaul.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Why would people get mad
The public pool is nasty to walk around
Gotta have that good good foot protection
Eugh, public pools... After all the horror stories I've heard about them, I've avoided them like the plague any time I'm out on vacation...

No mountains or mole hills as far as I can see, just the sexualization of underage characters and the objectification of women in fiction.
Underaged characters? Alright fine, that I get. I respectively disagree with the rest though. It's not that black and white.

karnera

karnera

do you understand how hard

how goddamn ****ing hard you're making this for me

i said i wouldn't owo

not since the accident

but ohhhhoho you are making this REALLY ****ING HARD on me, karnera
...What? Was it because I said he was Mesopotamian? :v

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just noticed these scans and FByleth's outfit doesn't look so ass here
Edgelord looking smug with her Hawaiian Punch tights.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think more people are pissed about the fact that JURI ****ING SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.
She finally got better!

...in season four!

......as the game's winding down and its future is uncertain!

At least she's not as bad as Sakura.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
2019, colorized

Guess who just bought a pack of new color pencils that includes 3 types of pink and white :yeahboi:
If you're going to draw a Guilty Girl, draw Baiken.

She's got one whole limb less to work with!

D

Deleted member

Oh, Noipoi reminded me that Palpatine is returning..

Look, I know they need more good villains, but... Why?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe it’s just cause I just don’t view underage characters sexually is why I just have a harder time being upset about it at the moment

Working at the mall in the warmer months, you kinda see these kids come in here all the time wearing ... well, nearly nothing, and it frightens me a bit lol. So from that angle I can definitely get it.

There’s a disconnect in fiction for me, but I’ll try to be more sensitive about the issue in the future.
Sorry @Shishœ
what does heeohhhoho mean
love and kindness

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think we mostly align on our viewpoints here.

I find a hard time caring about (in a negative way) characters with blatantly sexual designs as much but it’s much better than something mindnumbingly uncomfortable and degenerate like Panty Party for the the Nintendo Switch home entertainment system
I mean i’ll be completely honest. I think the more we tell people what they’re allowed/not allowed to say or do, the more we label people because of the things they say or do, the more negative things become.

Are there a lot of issues that need fixing in the world today? Absolutely. None of those problems will be solved overnight, none of them will be solved by telling the internet stranger that they’re “racist, homophobic, sexist” or any of the other bad stuff, and nothing will change if we don’t stand up for it.

I was thinking about it, and it’s a damn good thing younger people are speaking up, because things would be on a worse path if people weren’t speaking up. I do believe in this process though, something has to change in terms of inclusivity.

Inclusivity, I mean, by including everybody. Even that racist uncle. Include the people who need to change, because if you don’t, and you cast them out because they aren’t as likable or don’t fit what the average person should be, then they won’t learn from the conversation.

That’s why I think much of social media has broken up into echo chambers, and while those chambers can be extremely cozy they’re...not so great for societal progress. We have to find reasons to like each other, and then work on the bad stuff.

Telling a person things they do are bad, without considering the why or how, and then helping them change the behavior is what makes angry/sad people angrier or sadder. We all just want to be happy. Help people be happy, you know?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I just noticed these scans and FByleth's outfit doesn't look so *** here

Edgelord looking smug with her Hawaiian Punch tights.
Unpopular opinion, but I'll give credit where credit is due: Those designs look rad.

Oh, Noipoi reminded me that Palpatine is returning..

Look, I know they need more good villains, but... Why?
Wait, what? That has got to be a lie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom