• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Pit

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Im sure everyone knows about arrow looping or swarming and raining but what about combining them along with fighting to make 1 devastating defensive and offensive technique. Use arrow raining technique to get arrows in the sky. loop them constantly while fighting careful and raining some downward when in need of help. I've tryed it and its the most difficult thing ive ever done before. But with some practice and more precision with arrows you can use arrows that people cant see and wont know when they are coming as a stalling technique for a smash tilt or running attack and when overwhelmed to back them all. But it seems the arrows are lost when trying to recover from the stage. Any suggestions?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've tried this and have had trouble simply pulling it off, let alone doing it while on the offensive. It's at the top of my priority list at the moment, though I'm graping it very VERY slowly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Oh sorry, I ment is it possible with practice? But I guess the answer is yes. Wow, I wouldn't know the way to practice that.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm i dont think it will ever be completely possible without sacrificing some of your flow, i mean after all you are guiding an arrow, but who knows maybe one day there will be a kwisatz haderach-esque person who can do it, but i dunno to me it seems a little too much to ask

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I agree it does seems far-fetched but a master of such looping can cause much damage and lead into a lot of combos but i guess i should learn one thing at a time. Wing dashing is next in line for me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Good point Sir Lucario. There are so many good things to learn I am almost overwhelmed. I have to take it one step at a time.

kown

Smash Lord
Just to be clear. You DON'T have to hit your opponent with the looped arrow for the offense to work! I think you guys are missing the biggest point of arrow looping. Its meant to mess with your opponent and to make him air dodge. This move is meant for mind games and to control how your opponent plays. Also, you can overcome "losing the flow" by practice.

note: im not denying that you shouldnt hit him but its a win/win even if you miss it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Arrow Chasing and Looping are used for Mindgames. To frustrate and force your opponent to do what you want. If Technical Game is about controlling your character, then Mind Game is about controlling your opponent in the same way. Technical Skill has been reduced in this Brawl, thus Mind Games are far more important then they were before. This is why Pit's Arrow game is so deadly.

kown

Smash Lord
if Technical Game is about controlling your character, then Mind Game is about controlling your opponent in the same way.
i remember you saying those exact same words to me and becuase of that we have the same ideas on arrow looping undr.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I will see what i can to try this new trick, for i think I will need it against this certian cheap Player who uses that ugly short guy in the space suit.

Top Bottom