• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Loge

Smash Cadet
Brawl is definitely worth the money... i've made -$30 from our little tourneys!

(it's also important to note i'm terrible)

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
dustin is a jew too.
i've won somewhere between $100-$200 at these tournys. maybe more now that i think about it... on average i've made about $30 per tournament.

slomo431

Smash Ace
yes but as a disclaimer i haven't played in 2 months so i will suck more than i usually suck. my retirement lasted longer than brickmans

also i'll be playing with extreme sleep deprivation. i basically only started studying for this friday's actuarial exam tuesday night and have not slept since. but just 100 more pages to go in my manual and half a day and i am free at last

also: more johns.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
how about tomorrow logan? scrabble may be smoked and we might drink some stratego too

im not sure about the board gamez but its dustins last day so we need to celebrate

Loge

Smash Cadet
i'm not much for smoking scrabble or drinking stratego but just give me a time, i'm available after 2

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
yea were getting into some serious **** there... do you do lines of trouble off of the guy in operations wishbone?
also andy, feel free to stop by if you want to try some risk

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I'm gone next saturday, anyone want to brawl before then?
Sure, I'd be up for some Brawl sometime next week. I'm around all summer. This weekend is all busy for me, I think, but next week should be good if you're stull around.

I'm having fun not playing Falco. I suck a lot more now, but slowly getting better again. Marth is so way different from Falco.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I may have to start handing out warnings for inappropriate content. Let's try to keep the talk about illicit board games to a minimum.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
there goes my main source of entertainment...

did anybody lose keys at my house? i found a car key, a gold key, and a key with a green thingy on it.

slomo431

Smash Ace
http://pak.no-ip.org:81/pak/index.php

Matt and Andy just in case either of you might've recorded or remember your answers to your exams the Public Answer Key website is here. You just create an account, log in, enter your answers and it'll give you statistics on what the consensus was and how you did based on that. Also the webmaster overrides the majority answers sometimes in the case of discussion proving a different answer.

This is my first sitting using it and I really liked getting feedback in a day rather than waiting for the societies to spend 8 weeks just to grade a **** scantron

And based on this, I think I might just have survived the twin test ordeal

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i cant believe people use their test time to remember answers

like yesterday i changed one of my answers from wrong to right with 30 seconds left on the clock

how was MFE

slomo431

Smash Ace
it takes less than a minute really to just type in a string of 20 to 30 numbers in your calculator with digits 1=A to 5=E so it's not too bad. yeah you're not really supposed to do this but as long as you don't post anything until after like 9pm so everyone in the country has finished the exam the societies tend to let it slide. the main reason for the rule is they just don't want hawaii to get all the answers since they start like 6 or something hours later.

although, the SOA has recently been cracking down on MFE discussion of problems even after that time since those lazy pricks are gonna be using this sitting's questions when the exam moves to CBT rather than just come up with new ones. but they haven't objected to the PAK yet, just people discussing specifics about how to do problems.

i think MFE was tougher this sitting but i think i did better on it than last time. there were some problems that were ridiculously easy and some that were pretty hard. there didn't seem to be any medium difficulty level questions. it says i got 15 questions right, and the PAKs are usually completely right or have at most 1 or 2 errors, so i've got a decent margin over the usual 12 problem pass mark. i think i definitely sacrificed a few questions i probably would have otherwise gotten on both exams due to splitting my study time, but overall i think i have a 3 or so problem buffer over the usual pass marks on each one.

edit: my main problem was not having done any practice problems. my algebra and arithmetic were SOOO terrible it slowed me down on every single question. there were like 4 questions on MFE that required the quadratic equation but i was only able to answer 3 of em. the 4th i kept getting imaginary numbers so i had to be making some ******* mistake but i know i was doing it right since other people were agreeing with me before they closed the thread due to too many specifics.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
My mental algebra has gotten pretty good from all the FM practice problems.

Imaginary numbers brings back memories of physics. I sort of miss it, but at the same time it was way too hard. In some of those classes I just didn't know what was going on. Jon, you're crazy.

slomo431

Smash Ace
wow i have become really bad at the game of smash brothers in such a short time. any progress i ever make skillwise is going to be taken away every time there's another exam to study for. exams suck

slomo431

Smash Ace
did you guys go to the campuswide commencement or your own departmental one. or both?

and i'm assuming matt didn't walk at all since he was at the tournament yesterday?

what was the campuswide one like i didin't bother to go to that cause it sounded dumb

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
SMYM is on for Aug 15 at this time. We have to do it before school starts to be able to use the living space (that's where past SMYMs have been)--otherwise, we'll be in the basement. The basement is far from ideal, and it may not even be big enough. Unfortunately, the upstairs hall is no longer available.

Any reason to go with an earlier date?

Top Bottom