• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I suppose tomorrow works for me. Will we still be able to use Allen?

Edit: Would anybody be interesting in playing tonight? I'm pretty bored and don't really want to drink tonight. We can play in my room if anyone's interested. Just message me in AIM if you're coming (ISR Townsend 308).

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering......is there anyone else on campus but me that mains the green brotha?

oh and yea there is college games on saturday..but the real problem is sunday. NFL games usually start at 1, 4, and 7:30-8 so saturday night would prob be your best bet since college games other than Illini games aren't so much appreciated on campus to warrant a community TV.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Even Illini games aren't so much appreciated on campus...but hopefully that'll change. Saturday works fine for me. As long as it's not Saturday night, I need those for drinking. And yes, I am part of the Dodging Illini.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, since Weston always seems to be available, and we're not sure about Allen, I vote Weston. I could always drive us elsewhere if it doesn't work.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm just gonna put Weston down. That seems like the best bet. After this week we should try for the same time on Saturday but at Allen. Bears games are really too important.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So maybe just be the 5 of us at 1 today? I'm leaving in half an hour.

I don't suppose anyone has Brickman's number?

Azuryu

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering......is there anyone else on campus but me that mains the green brotha?

oh and yea there is college games on saturday..but the real problem is sunday. NFL games usually start at 1, 4, and 7:30-8 so saturday night would prob be your best bet since college games other than Illini games aren't so much appreciated on campus to warrant a community TV.
Uh Shang plays the green man. I dunno if he mains it since all he uses is Falcon/Peach now.

brickman

Smash Lord
It was at Weston. I think someone posted it or something to that effect. Anyways It was confusing and rainy, only like 8 people showed up. Don't worry about it. There is always next week!

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we changed it pretty often on friday night, sorry. But for next week, lets try 1 pm on Saturday at Allen. I think Allen is a lot better for everyone.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm afraid you have the wrong topic, friend, unless you go to school here in Champaign. Check the Official Illinois Topic.

Saturdays at one are fine by me, so let's stick with that. I know I said they aren't, but I changed my mind.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I'm not in the wrong topic, I go to school with you guys. I went to almost every Illinites tournament last year, and then some.

Ah, my location says Vernon Hills... aight.. changing that..

Dekuschrub where do you live? I'll drop by today.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i live in europa house on Oregon street off lincoln. apmt 24

my phone number is 618 973 6845 in case anyone else wants to go

brickman

Smash Lord
Hurray. So I just received a letter of confirmation today that Smashing Illini officially exists now.

I am going to work to get ourselves an official space for this weekend.

Also, I think we should put together a mailing list and a list of phone numbers so that people can play with each other whenever they are interested in doing so. Please PM with your email and telephone number as well as your address so that I can organize all of this and send it out to everyone in an email. This will make it easier for people to get in contact with one another so that friendlies can be had whenever one wants.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks a ton.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry about that it was a last minute decision once everyone realized the Bears game would be on. This is why we need that contact list for people interested in these as soon as possible. There's a few people who used to go to bunches of smash events last year who I haven't seen all year yet.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There is a smashfest at TJ's on Saturday, and I'm not going. Were you guys planning on making a trip down there? If so, how about some friday night smash this weekend?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't necessarily planning on going to Viper's smashfest, but if there's a car of people going I'll go. If not I'm still up for Saturday smash at Allen. If I'm smashing here on Saturday I'd rather not smash on friday night too. I got too many fighting games I want to practice lol.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think Henrik and I are the only people with cars. I'd rather play with you guys on saturday like normal--I just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

brickman

Smash Lord
I am going to the circuit even on October 20th. We should probably get some car pools together if anyone is going. Train up, going to be a good showing.

On another note, SMYM 9??????

November or December Andy? Do you want to do it through the RSO or on your own?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Nah I'm not playing tomorrow, I'm not part of the Dodgeball Society, the Tuesday 7 to 9 club. I'm in the Dodging Illini, the league that plays on Sunday nights 9 to 11. They're run by the same guy now, I think. I might start going in the future, but this week is killing me so far with homework. It's too late to join the DI now, but if you're interested next semester you should get a team of 6-10 guys or if you can't get enough people you can sign up as an individual and they can place you on a team.

I might be interested in that circuit event, but won't know for sure if I'm going til much closer to Oct 20. Maybe this time I'll even register for SMYM. I'm in a tournament going mood nowadays.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I haven't decided about his tourney next month yet, but if more than 5 of you want to go, you'd better hope I do too!

I've been putting off thinking about SMYM. I'll get around to it. I'm not sure that involving the RSO would make much difference, because the people at the place know who I am and it's got nothing to do with the university.

The date hasn't been nailed down, but I thought it was going to be early December.

brickman

Smash Lord
I guess I don't really want to send out a revised email either, too annoying.

Another revision. AoB's email address does not have a y at the beginning of it, thats my fault.

Let me know if there are any other revisions.

And if you haven't sent me information for the list, do so soon.

I am working on getting a space at Allen Hall really hard. They usually don't give space to non Allen Hall groups, but maybe we can finagle it just this once. I think we are going to have to fall back on weston unless you guys want to do it in the Union. But then again, no comfy chairs. Maybe just the union for bigger tournaments. Comments, suggestions...appreciated.

Top Bottom