• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
for parking, you can just park at papa dels.

reason we're all falcon mains is we found out PT is a ganon main, so we're all trolling him with a difficult matchup :)

actually, i picked up falcon my freshman year. before that i was a crappy peach, a crappy pika, and my first main was marth. Jack picked up falcon last year at some point. Then this year a ton of lurkers/freshman showed up maining falcon.

what time do you guys want to smash?

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm already done, so whenever today.
I started as a Falcon main 'cause the guy who taught me back home was a Falcon main, although he's changed to Sheik now. I also have Roy as my only secondary.

EDIT: PT, living in house is legit. If you're coming to tonight's event we'll definitely play.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
reason we're all falcon mains is we found out PT is a ganon main, so we're all trolling him with a difficult matchup :)
I knew I smelled conspiracy...

Haha anyway, I can play whenever, I just got done with classes, so whatever works for all of you.

and Bibi, what event is going on tonight? I might stop by (even though I'm not an engineer haha)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo, ggs everyone, Kevin that last set was the hypest I've been in a long while

PPV you better get that job and back up your talkin' =p

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone. Shoutouts to Kevin for lettin' us slobs use his place and Tim for giving me a ride.
Now only if I can get ***** less hard...

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
when are you guys good to play this week? thursday might be the only day i can do, but i'll know later in the week. Not sure if I'm gonna be gone next weekend, but i might be...

btw we should try to go to a tournament before SMYM. Maybe Don't Blink?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Patric sent me one email since his initial few posts on this thread. I'm still not sure what day that's gonna be, but I'm pretty sure it's happening still.

We need to go to another tournament besides that so we can play some non falcon mains :)

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i have no idea if darkrain is showing up, but i don't think i'd put money on it.

maybe i gotta go to that rec room tourney and make some dirty brawl money

CPhatDeluxe

Smash Rookie
Hey, smashnoob here looking to get involved in the smash scene. Recently starting trying to get good at Brawl. Do you guys get together regularly to play?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i dunno about regular get togethers for brawl. You should ask Ripple. Melee smashfests are occuring decently often. (~once a week so far this semester. hopefully it continues!)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, but the brawl scene is pretty small BECAUSE BRAWL SUCKS for whatever reason.

64 fests are happening more or less on the weekly as well.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys an RSO called College League Gaming is having a game day this Saturday from 3 to 6. They have a copy of Melee and a TV but no Wii. Anyone down to bring one? Another full setup would probably be just as welcome. They'll apparently have food and stuff.

The address is 901 S. 2nd St. Apt #52, Champaign, IL 61820.

The main game they're playing is Modern Warfare 3, apparently, but like I said already they said they'd be down to have Melee going on a separate TV.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
sorry i'm doing the microsoft hackathon or visiting the gf this weekend so either way i can't.

tmw night i should be good though.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
What time? I have Physics Lab from 7 to 9.

Also, everyone else is still welcome to come to the College League Gaming thing. Would love to have more people.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
not sure about time lemme check with jack and see how my hw goes (might need to take a nap after class if i stay up late)

haven't checked with gamestop yet. figured i'd need a poster of some sorts to give them first. If i have time i'll do it this weekend.

edit: sorry tmw is probably bad for me too. free food w/ google at siebel tmw evening.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I have a Wii. I like stuff. Also I'm playing with Ripple tomorrow. I'll see how that goes. All shall fear my Samus. Except not.
Bring it on Saturday! :)

So... who can do this friday anywhere in between 5-9?

gotta get my smash on.
I should be down. I'll keep you posted. And I should be down on Saturday too for that thing I posted above.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sweet, I'm there. Get on it people, let's have another awesomefest!

I'll lose more money to everyone <3

Top Bottom