• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
A dedicated smasher would skip classes, tests, and other obligations

NO ONE EVER GOT GOOD AT SMASH BY GOING TO LECTURE

JUST SAYIN'

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I think thursday or friday is best for me this week. I can maybe do wed if more of you are free then.

we should go to don't blink this weekend. If not, purdue has a tournament on the 25th. I can't go to the purdue one since my cousin from NJ is visiting that weekend, but you guys should go since it's those are the closest tournaments...

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I'm visiting Chicago March 14-22. Any chance any of you up to play against me? I haven't played much for the last two years but I think I'm still decent.
if you meant "I'm visiting Champaign/Urbana" then we're all down.

Otherwise it depends on whether any of us will be in Chicago... Or maybe you're talking to the alumni. I dunno.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, we should defs keep friday night smash

I'll smash with whoever wants to on additional days depending on what my schedule's like (hint: I'm a second semester senior in high school. It's really open.)

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Depends... I don't have a CRT TV so we'd have lag at my place... I texted Joe and I'm waiting for a reply. I don't have Kevin's number but I think he probably can't tonight.

Battlecow

Play to Win
(217)-372-0034, for future reference

Joe has it, so you could probably have gotten it if you'd gotten a CRT

but I digress

I gotta prepare for Kevin's almighty spacies, which, if things go well, I will be allowed to face again come Friday

Maybe I can even win $20 and then forgive it so that we're even again

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
yeah can't do tonight sorry guys. friday should be good tho. i might be able to do thursday too but my schedule's really tight this week. next week i have tests tuesday and thursday, so its probably just gonna be friday.

edit: i'm down to MM again charlie. I gotta pay for SMYM somehow :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll definitely do the falcon

the spacies were demoralizing, might need more MU practice before I bite into that particular sandwich again.

Or maybe I'll get caught up in the moment and MM you like a ****** anyways

prolly the latter.

It's OK though, I have a lot of money and I always feel sorry for poor college students

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
sounds good. i'll give you lots of space animal friendlies too next time we play. how do you feel about ganon vs peach?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kevin, why haven't we played yet? I've heard so much about how you'd **** me with your falcon / space animals. This friday?

Also: ganon vs. peach: small disadvantage to ganon (not as large as I had thought previously) and I don't mind the matchup anymore as long as it isn't on FoD. And charlie has a lot of experience from it from playing (and beating) my ganon.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Right on, Tim. Think we can fit everybody in my dorm again? I know that Priten is going home this weekend, so if we replace him with Kevin for the week, we should be ok.

Unless we could go to an apartment instead? Lol my room is pretty damn small.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
A dedicated smasher would skip classes, tests, and other obligations

NO ONE EVER GOT GOOD AT SMASH BY GOING TO LECTURE

JUST SAYIN'
Yeah, exactly, 'cause we can put bread on the table, get $, and improve ourselves by doing nothing but practice smash.

Battlecow

Play to Win
sounds good. i'll give you lots of space animal friendlies too next time we play. how do you feel about ganon vs peach?
I'll definitely take the ganon v peach MM, if that's what you're asking

I've been playing Joe some, so I know that matchup pretty well

And I'd love the spacy friendlies, I have some new technology (read: things that every competitive peach does that I haven't been doing) that I need to try out.

@bibi If "putting bread on the table" "improving your life" and "making money" are more important to you than smash, we're speaking from across a gulf between fundamental values that cannot be bridged.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
@bibi If "putting bread on the table" "improving your life" and "making money" are more important to you than smash, we're speaking from across a gulf between fundamental values that cannot be bridged.
Word.

@Kevin: Ken was 1 person! Out of maybe 100,000!

I can donate my TV to the cause again, $.

Top Bottom