• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UFGT10:X - May 23-25, 2014 - Chicago, IL

CurlyW

Smash Rookie
So the number of Project M entrants is rapidly approaching the number we predicted and it may surpass it very soon. As a result, we may need to add more pools for Project M, which means that we need more setups, especially CRTs. So we're asking for help from the PM community. If you bring a Wii with Project M and/or a CRT to UFGT and you agree to let us use it for tournament matches, we will be eternally grateful, and also give you some extra raffle tickets.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So the number of Project M entrants is rapidly approaching the number we predicted and it may surpass it very soon. As a result, we may need to add more pools for Project M, which means that we need more setups, especially CRTs. So we're asking for help from the PM community. If you bring a Wii with Project M and/or a CRT to UFGT and you agree to let us use it for tournament matches, we will be eternally grateful, and also give you some extra raffle tickets.
Lovely. When will entrant numbers be public? Many Smash majors make them public about a month after registration starts and CEO has them public now (a lil less than two months before the event).

Last edited:

CurlyW

Smash Rookie
As I told you on twitter, I'll be bringing 3 wiis for pm setups and 3 tvs for them.
I saw that (though I believe you actually told Keits and not me). You help is incredibly appreciated.

Lovely. When will entrant numbers be public? Many Smash majors make them public about a month after registration starts and CEO has them public now (a lil less than two months before the event).
We actually don't make ours public until after registration closes. However, if you know about how we run our tournaments (we use a similar style to Evo) and take a peek at the initial schedule we posted, it's not too hard to discern how many entrants we were originally expecting.

Last edited:

Chexr

Smash Ace
Comeon just tell us...please? Pretty please? We really want to know.

Comeon It's just a number.

...just a number...

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm just curious, but what's the schedule for Melee and Project M?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The schedule has been updated since the last one posted in this thread. It can be found here.
http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/

Was going to this just for SG, but since SG and PM are on separate days I am definitely in there for both. Really excited to play!
oh awesome, so me and my friend are taking the night bus thursday to arrive for nothing! :> glad I entered SF at least but my buddy is out of luck.

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm considering going to this but I will need someone to stay with/ someone to split hotel with, can anyone help me out please?
Still solidifying some stuff, but you may be able to room with me + the other guy I'm with. I'll let you know for sure.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Still solidifying some stuff, but you may be able to room with me + the other guy I'm with. I'll let you know for sure.
I'm going to be traveling with darkatma as well, but we may already have housing. Even if we do have housing already a fallback plan doesn't sound bad :D

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm going to be traveling with darkatma as well, but we may already have housing. Even if we do have housing already a fallback plan doesn't sound bad :D
Alright, let me know. Atm, I have a hotel for Fri/Sat/Sun with just me in it. I'm more than willing to find a way to cut costs, lol.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I'm assuming top two of each pool make it out into the 32 man final bracket for PM and top 2 for Melee pools into a 16 man final bracket?

or is it top 4? :3

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
This is crazy. No confirmed Melee gods? Is there another bigger tourney somewhere else this weekend? Why isn't M2K showing up for free monies???? I'm not going to pay 40 bucks to lose to the same dudes I lose to in weeklies haha

smashmachine

Smash Lord
This is crazy. No confirmed Melee gods? Is there another bigger tourney somewhere else this weekend? Why isn't M2K showing up for free monies???? I'm not going to pay 40 bucks to lose to the same dudes I lose to in weeklies haha
Pat's House 2 is where M2K is going
RIP west coast, at this rate they won't have a single person in MLG's top 12 heading into Anaheim

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
From what it sounds like, the Project M pools and the Top 32/Top 16 happens on Saturday, and the Top 8 wraps up on Sunday. Nothing for Project M happens on Friday except for the VGBC auction, which seems to be optional. Can anyone confirm this please? The schedule is a little confusing to me.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
From what it sounds like, the Project M pools and the Top 32/Top 16 happens on Saturday, and the Top 8 wraps up on Sunday. Nothing for Project M happens on Friday except for the VGBC auction, which seems to be optional. Can anyone confirm this please? The schedule is a little confusing to me.
This is all correct.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im sad pm is tomorrow instead of saturday. Though ill be in the general area on saturday if anyone would be able to pick me up. Id like to hang out with the PMBRers that are showing up as well as meet some of the guys from WDwednesdays tournaments. I drive a truck for a living and I run through chicago quite often. I would be willing to toss you gas money for a ride to and from my truck.

Edit: I missed the pm happens on saturday post. Maybe I can make it for that with super late registration. Either way id like to be there. Also no doubles?

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
PM is Saturday unless the schedule changed drastically. As far as I'm aware the only PM event tomorrow is the character auction at 9PM.

There's two Melee pools starting tomorrow I believe.

Top Bottom