• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Brawl and PM players in CFL who lurk here should really attend the proposed weeklies that Corby is hosting. And we're going to need to work together to promote tournaments here in Orlando (because I'm not a big fan traveling hours away exclusively to attend tournaments, no shade to Gainesville and Jacksonville!).
I've got 2 other friends who would be willing to join. Maybe 2 additional ones if all goes well.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I've got 2 other friends who would be willing to join. Maybe 2 additional ones if all goes well.
Great to know. Just contact Corby since he is the host. In regards to tournaments, I think a group effort is just. There are players here in Orlando but judging by my personal observation it seems more are playing Melee or they're in hiding.

Vale

Smash Ace
UCF is starting soon and I'll be there. Brawl is okay, but game preference is 64 > Brawl > PM >= Melee. Will be watching this thread more closely for smashfests (and maybe tournaments, but I'm not really a fan of them).

Last edited:

Corby

Smash Cadet
Awesome man. I've been trying to host on Saturdays. This Saturday is iffy at the moment, I may be out of town, but I'll let ya know whether or not that's the case within the next day or so. It'd be awesome to get more people to attend!

BAE

Smash Rookie
Hey I live in between UCF and Hagerty High school, hit me up to play some Project M.... I'm not the best lol but I learn quick

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, Corby is trying to get more people to join this Saturday (and subsequently every Saturday), so hit him up. I hardly have time or the energy during the week personally.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Saturday's confirmed going down. Smashfest at my place!
Shoot me a message if you're interested and need directions. I live in Knight's Circle Apartment complex across from UCF main campus.
We'll start around 2-3pm.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!
Just a reminder, Smashfest at my place tomorrow! If you're interested in coming out just let me know here or shoot me a message.
There will be drinks/snacks available, and if you're worried about lunch/dinner there's plenty of food options within walking distance of my place.
We'll start between 2-3 PM. Hope to see you guys here!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Great time. Wish there were more people but hopefully that changes soon.

For the record: Project M was pretty much the only game played. Brawl (Melee and I guess Smash 64 even!) are always welcome. So stop lurking and join up.

It was a pleasure seeing @P.I.E. after like a year of not seeing him.

Lurkers please join up D:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Anyone stay in Tallahassee? Is this the only place where Florida smashers communicate?

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry I wasn't able to host today. Next Saturday it's on. If you're looking to smash with different skilled players as well as meet new people all while having fun, then show up! :kirbymelee:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
I take it you don't play Brawl anymore?

Disappointing :(
I play all smash games. And yes brawl still here and there. I've just never played melee seriously till now and only been playing it almost 2months now and I love it to how it's totally changed my ground game and mindset for the better for brawl and it will for smash 4 also. I'm only playing melee till smash 4 comes but we'll see

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Just touched down in Tallahassee. I'm decent at brawl and besides that I don't really play anything else. Also, I don't see a list of events or Tournament calender anywhere.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Just touched down in Tallahassee. I'm decent at brawl and besides that I don't really play anything else. Also, I don't see a list of events or Tournament calender anywhere.
I'm not familiar with how far Tallahassee is from Orlando, but there is an event going on here that goes from Friday-Monday this weekend. Check it out. It is called #SmashTheRecord.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
So I just moved to CFL a week ago (was previously in TX fortworth area) and noticed the lack of smash. I live between fullsail and UCF and attend fullsail. I'm going to be trying to promote more smash here and hopefully get some big weekly smashfest turnouts. I'm holding one today and there's going to be around 8-9 poeple, but we have no room for more. If somebody has a place to host smashfests I can most likely always bring a crowd as long as we got a place to hold it at. Currently the smashers here are pretty new to the game, but I feel like that's great. Everybody has to start somewhere and you never know if you're teaching the next mang0. If anybody is interested in hosting smash fests or already hosts them hit me up! c:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So I just moved to CFL a week ago (was previously in TX fortworth area) and noticed the lack of smash. I live between fullsail and UCF and attend fullsail. I'm going to be trying to promote more smash here and hopefully get some big weekly smashfest turnouts. I'm holding one today and there's going to be around 8-9 poeple, but we have no room for more. If somebody has a place to host smashfests I can most likely always bring a crowd as long as we got a place to hold it at. Currently the smashers here are pretty new to the game, but I feel like that's great. Everybody has to start somewhere and you never know if you're teaching the next mang0. If anybody is interested in hosting smash fests or already hosts them hit me up! c:
Hm, it really depends on which Smash game you'e talking about. I've learned that the Smash Community is LARGE here in Orlando but it is game specific. Melee and PM are the most popular and most played. Unfortunately, Brawl isn't as big.

So, yeah, maybe CFL is lacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl but it isn't lacking Melee and Project M. Personally, I prefer Project M, then Brawl and Melee.. Well, I'm not a big fan of that game and wouldn't bother touching it.

As for Smashfests, it is spotty. There are groups that hold their own Smashfest with their own groups, it sounds like, such as Corby. You're going to have to speak with him on inviting 9 or something people to his apartment. I'm down to participate for whatever.

There is a guy named Cherry (forgot his full username) who is currently hosting #SmashTheRecord. He is planning on doing weeklies soon where everyone can meet up on Thursdays and he does monthlies. Orlando is pretty active. You just have to talk to the right people.

Welcome to CFL, by the way. Hope you're enjoying your time here (I used to go to Full Sail, taking online classes). As you can see, we're mildly active on this thread.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry for the sudden/late post. Just a reminder Smash is going down at my place tomorrow. Hit me up if you're interested in joining! We'll start around 2-3pm.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Just another reminder, Smash at my place tomorrow. Hit me up if you're interested in coming, all are welcome!

Top Bottom