• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
in retrospect. I'm sorry for posting. It's unlike anything I would normally do. I'm not religious at all, more than not I don't believe in god and I understand why people got offended. I'll keep my problems to myself..

I'm sorry for offending anyone

Also.
I got out of bed about 5 minutes ago.
First thing i did, before i got dressed or anything.
Was eat a publix chocolate chip cookie.
My body must hate me.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
So what's this weekend? The OP doesn't say any tournies is going on...

Also, I'm free friday night if anyone wants some GaW or Peach practice.

Not like any of you do...there's no ****in gaws in fl...nor is he even a threat...but you can sharpen your melee skills!

Or I could cook for you...

Or clean...

someone invite me somewhere :(

Exdeath

Smash Master
Mink, to my knowledge, agnosticism (Fearless was the first person to inform me what agnosticism is <3) is more of a logic/evidential position and believing on faith that God does not exist is classified as atheism. I'll pray for you and your father, however -- similar to what Razek said -- the action of prayer is much better spent helping your father yourself unless God's efficiency makes up for the time that you spent praying. /judgment call

This is the social thread/chat where CFL/UCF can socialize. It may be on a Smash forum, however it is entirely appropriate to discuss social issues here. This can include emotional concerns such as Mink's. I personally find it appropriate, at any rate. I find Mink's candor and trust of the general community to be something special.

this kind of **** never happens in the melee community, jus sayin.
Red Marth chokin' them *****es. That is all.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
My belief is that there is more than likely a higher power.
We will never be able to prove what it is.
and i leave it at that. I just view logically. The chance that a higher power created everything is an easy explanation to whatever started the chain reaction from essentially nothing to everything. Though. We'll never be able to prove it, we'll never know anything about it til we die. And even then we may not know. It's never worth debate. Because it gets people nowhere.

I just was pretty down when i wrote that last night.
And for some reason it struck as a good idea.

I never pray. Haven't been to church in .... like 8 years.
I was just at a low place last nightwhen i wrote that.
I do trust all of you guys. I mean, literally when i moved here... and still in effect, you guys are the only friends i have up here lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Agnosticism was defined to me as having the mindset that it simply didn't matter whether or not a god existed.

Anyways, hai everyone how are you? Exams suck. Senioritis taking effect on me...

Exdeath

Smash Master
More like disbelief due to lack of evidence/opposing arguments, atheist don't associated with faith.

I don't think you can say this. "God's perfection" maybe? Efficiency implies inherent imperfection.
Your comment on atheism could be said for many religions, hence my wording. I used efficiency referring to whether or not God would be efficient/effective enough to make up for the time spent in prayer (For example, would God be so much more effective than Mink that his 5 minutes is worth Mink's 10+ minutes spent praying?). My point on the matter was mostly economical. For the sake of argument, however, I would say that efficiency is a not necessarily imperfect. Something can be perfectly efficient and still be described as efficient.

I've been watching Yui's Fox vs. Diddy. Om nom nom.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Your comment on atheism could be said for many religions, hence my wording.
I don't understand what you're saying here, but I'm a bit curious. Can you name a religion or two? I can't think of one off the top of my head. Earlier I was commenting on your usage of the word "faith" with atheism. The way I see it is that there is no faith. Atheist look for evidence and are skeptical of faith.

I used efficiency referring to whether or not God would be efficient/effective enough to make up for the time spent in prayer
Hmm, I'm probably missing something here as well. I think God would be much more effective than Mink at anything regardless of the time. I figure if that is not the case, then there is no point in prayer. I think I understand what you said originally though. God would see to it that the action helping a man directly would be more effective than asking God to help the man?

I would say that efficiency is a not necessarily imperfect. Something can be perfectly efficient and still be described as efficient.
By that logic, something that is 0% efficient can still be described as efficient?

Forgive me if I come off rude or disrespectful. I like this kind of banter :)

hack3r

Smash Rookie

I got out of bed about 5 minutes ago.
First thing i did, before i got dressed or anything.
Was eat a publix chocolate chip cookie.
My body must hate me.
Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me

Surely some of you PS3 owners have noticed that PSN has been down for a while now. Is anyone else super pissed that they are notifying all account holders that their information has been compromised a week after the fact?!

Edit:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

I heard it was "Anonymous"

2-DJeff

Smash Master

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anon is competent enough. This probably has to do with cfw development to allow for psn connectivity. From what I understand, the cfw modifies packets to/fro psn to allow for a connection and apparently development for this lead to figuring out how to dl priced psn content and that the user information is stored on an unencrypted server side database. Not sure though, I'm still green to the ps3scene and the ps3 work by graf chokolo and waninkoko. All I know is that sony dropped the ball waiting to tell people a week after that their info may have been stolen.

If you have a psn account with a cc linked then you should keep an eye out.

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
I don't understand what you're saying here, but I'm a bit curious. Can you name a religion or two? I can't think of one off the top of my head. Earlier I was commenting on your usage of the word "faith" with atheism. The way I see it is that there is no faith. Atheist look for evidence and are skeptical of faith.

Hmm, I'm probably missing something here as well. I think God would be much more effective than Mink at anything regardless of the time. I figure if that is not the case, then there is no point in prayer. I think I understand what you said originally though. God would see to it that the action helping a man directly would be more effective than asking God to help the man?

By that logic, something that is 0% efficient can still be described as efficient?

Forgive me if I come off rude or disrespectful. I like this kind of banter :)
There's nothing wrong with what you said haha. What you're calling atheism is generally what I consider to be a spectrum of agnosticism. I could be wrong, but I think of agnosticism as being a humble view point of "I don't have enough information to decide either way, yet." Likewise, I think of atheism as being "I don't have evidence of it being true, therefore it isn't."

It's primarily from experience, but a lot of atheists I meet are just as ignorant as generic religious people. That is, they base their proof on an authority telling them something (e.g. my parent(s) said so, therefore it is true). Ultimately, people always base their belief(s) on evidence/proof. Whether or not that proof is self-evident or even proof to others is an entirely different story. For example, an insane person might believe that they've seen secret files and therefore aliens are trying to read their mind. Their evidence is solid to them, but not to anyone else. This actually goes into a lot of different areas, such as what makes something truth, external or internal worlds, etc.

My primary point in that was whether or not Mink believes that it's more economical. In essence, I'm saying that it's not worth his time if he doesn't believe that it's worth it is (this will obviously vary on viewpoint -- what you said is a possibility).

I believe that 0% efficiency can still be said to be efficient, although I would be more hesitant to say 0% rather than .00000000000000001% efficiency. Ultimately, what justifies something's efficiency to be high enough to be considered efficient is subjective.

Obviously this is all just my thoughts. I also enjoy this type of banter. :)

Top Bottom