• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

TheSensei

Smash Rookie
Tournament was great! Thanks for the 4 stock bizarro, :(, nah it's cool I just need to learn my match ups against Ganon better.
Lumpy man, I can't wait to challenge you to a money match, I want some revenge...

Foy

Smash Champion
Whoever Recorded the matches should get them up ASAP.
:D Thanks for making this tournament really rad and grats. Definitely had a mad good time.

gunboundmaztah

Smash Cadet
the singles video file alone is over four and a half hours long. It's a bit difficult to identify who is who in the video because most players played without tags. there are a bunch of friendlies between tournament sets which makes it all the more confusing. if that isnt bad enough, i'm using windows movie maker to crop the video :(

but yeah, you can probably expect the singles matches from station 1 to be uploaded by this week

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
jeez foy, you east coasters are just too eager. And you pronounce your "er"s "ah", and you greet people with " heYO!" thats just weird! you should stay in the west coast until that's fixed!

And yeah, I loved the tourney, very huge venue and the people are very friendly. I will def try to make it for the next one, even though I wont enjoy the ride too much. The people in my car def made it more enjoiable, thanks guys.

And if it helps, I was the red falcon, and I only played on tv 1 like 3 times, once for teams vs the GB MAr team and a couple times for singles (only friendlies, never for tourney) (actually maybe one time, was against joe, the link guy. . . . hey joe!)

Blazing Arrow

Smash Rookie
real fun tourney still a lil new to it but for sure going to train more for the next one. meet some cool new smashers from the UC and from out of town too. keep up the good work with these tourneys Jason and Justin

Adam M!

Smash Lord
fly amanita is on the short list of gayest players i have ever played

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
good job to kfc, choknater, and obey.

great tournament.
thanks to buzz and **** for hosting and running it smoothly.
the venue was amazing. you should definitely try to have more.

what's up with people i've never met assuming i'm good at melee?
i'm ok and still improving but i'm not good.
idk why anyone even knows who i am...
prolly because i invented the wombo combo.

you fresno guys are all pretty good, but i think i'm done losing to you guys in singles.
and no... i don't want to money match.
and mexi... pokefloats. that's all i have to say to you right now.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
obey's a sheik main, so gay is the way to play, (that's a compliment by the way)
but if you claim obey's gay based on his sexual ways it wouldn't matter anyway.
whether it's an accurate claim, i couldn't say.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
obey is formerly known as d4dy, i think he's placed well at some bay area tournys before

i think the fresno guys are all somewhat equally difficult to beat, obey/d4dy just seems to place the highest

he used falcon against my ic's, and we used other characters on counter pick stages

i wasn't prepared for those coming to the tournament, so that's my john :D

next time next time

fly, what do u do about rainbow/brin/pokefloats? what do u do if u lose the first match, win the 2nd, and the last is countered on a gay stage? u stay ic's on all stages right?

also guys: i don't think obey's sheik is that gay at all.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
fly, what do u do about rainbow/brin/pokefloats? what do u do if u lose the first match, win the 2nd, and the last is countered on a gay stage? u stay ic's on all stages right?
I don't mind Pokefloats at all, so I never ban it. ICs do fine there as long as you don't let your opponent get below you. Also, since the stage is moving and whatnot, you can often force the other character into challenging your uair, which is a battle you should almost always win. Make sure you know how to move around the level without letting Nana kill herself.

Rainbow Cruise is obnoxious, but it's not all that bad; just play really conservatively. The only part you really need to worry about is the rising section, which usually isn't a problem if you can keep the other character above you.

I suck on Brinstar, but I think I'm getting better at it. Wobbles is good there and he recommends playing as if you're a solo IC the whole time, e.g. don't worry about accidentally letting Nana get separated from you via wavedashing on slanted surfaces.

I ban Brinstar against most characters. The only characters I usually ban different stages against are Marth, whom I usually ban Yoshi's against, and Fox, whom I ban Stadium against.

I almost always go ICs, but if I'm not feeling confident in them, I might go Fox/Marth. I only do that once every three or four tourneys, though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm, thanks for the tips

next time i play fresno i'm gonna ban rainbow instead of fresno and play ic's on floats lol

jr told me how u play there and maybe itll work for me

for brin im gonna go peach

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
peach on brinstar is easier to learn than i though.
so good.
mute too.

i started my match on mute against mexi getting my *** beat.
as the match went on, i learned to ignore some things and abuse others.
i made a semi-wack comeback and took the match against a better player due to match up/counterpick stage.

i'm proud of myself for winning on brinstar and mute city with peach... boy i have low standards. haha

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
peach on brinstar is easier to learn than i though.
so good.
mute too.

i started my match on mute against mexi getting my *** beat.
as the match went on, i learned to ignore some things and abuse others.
i made a semi-wack comeback and took the match against a better player due to match up/counterpick stage.

i'm proud of myself for winning on brinstar and mute city with peach... boy i have low standards. haha
you did good, i wish i was still getting good like you

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man haha yea that sd on brinstar vs dady :( i just saw the match

i was doing better than i thought

i was just unconfident though cuz my sheik didnt feel as fluid as it used to

ahh lack of practice :(

gunboundmaztah

Smash Cadet
if i'm missing any matches from station 1 let me know, guys. i just found 2 sets hidden between friendlies. who played a blue fox against choknater's ic's and falco? the matches took place on pokemon stadium, rainbow cruise, and FD

edit: and let me know if i got the names wrong on any of the videos.

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
if i'm missing any matches from station 1 let me know, guys. i just found 2 sets hidden between friendlies. who played a blue fox against choknater's ic's and falco? the matches took place on pokemon stadium, rainbow cruise, and FD

edit: and let me know if i got the names wrong on any of the videos.
i think that was dizzy, he played choknater 2 times

jmic

Smash Ace
I suck at smashboards and Justin sucks at letting me know
early about tournaments. I'm pretty good at Melee though.

Btw anyone Merced play SF4?

Miztik

Smash Master
Juzz didnt say he was going til like the day of or soemthing...idk i didnt even go but HI JMIC!

also kenny and our friend kieth kinda play sf4 for ps3 if you have that **** im sure they'd be down to play but im pretty sure you had a 360

also HI JMIC!

Yeepride987

Smash Rookie
I suck at smashboards and Justin sucks at letting me know
early about tournaments. I'm pretty good at Melee though.

Btw anyone Merced play SF4?
I DO! but its been 3mo since i've been online
heard a lot about you jmic, last time i played you at something was brawl at my house days ago. That's not appropriate, wanna 64 smash it up too if you come up?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
merced is too fun, short *** drive from modesto compared to other tournys

thank u a lot bizzarro, great venue

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i wish jmic was there, but it was great without him.
we don't need dat ***

Top Bottom