• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah see you at those

you'll beat another top cali pro again for sure

only to lose to me :)

yeah im def going to fresno on the 2nd with family

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Surprise guest? Could it be...

-Jesus?
-Einstein?
-MLK Jr.?
-Steven Hawking?
-Benjamin Franklin?
-Gandhi?
-Princess Diana?
-Adolf Hitler?
-Paris Hilton?
-Tom Cruise?
-George W Bush?
-Kanye West?
-Trump?
-Elmo?
-Michael Jackson?
-Charlie Sheen?
-The entire cast of Jersey Shore?
-Rebecca Black?
-Lil Wayne?
-Octomom?
-Manbearpig?
-Dane Cook?
-Michael Bay?
-Carlos Mencia?
-The Jonas Brothers?
-The Shamwow guy?
-A rapist?
-A baby walrus?
-Your mom?
-Gkinfinity?
-The pope?
-Tiger Woods?
-Megan Fox?
-Justin Bieber?
-D!ck Cheney?
-Chuck Norris?
-OJ Simpson?
-Steakcake V2?

I'm out of possible ideas

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Doubles
1: Ching Chong (Bizz & Mugatu) ($36.00)
2: 69 Infinity (69% & Gk Infinity) ($18.00)
3: Ask me how many ****s I give (Dunskies & 2badsosad) ($6.00)
4: Kings of Incredibility (MARU & Sage)
5: Godzilla (Itallion Stallion & Pandacobo)
5: 2highsofly & Wolfman

Singles
1: MARU ($56.00)
2: GB ($16.00)
3: Bizzarro Flame ($8.00)
4: 69%
5: STK
5: Noshi
7: Mr. Yaah
7: Mugatu
9: Italian Stallion
9: Naleek
9: GK Infinity
9: Panda Cobo
13: 2highsoFly
13: Holy
13: Dunskies
13: 2badsoSad
17: Das Boots
17: Level 9 Falcon

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS.

First of all, thanks to Cobo and Italian Stallion for giving me a ride to this!

MARU - WOW. Your Peach is GOOD. I would love to get to play against you again! Maybe my Bowser will actually win next time, ha!

Bizz - Thanks for hosting such a chill tournament. I didn't get to play you, though. Next time?

69% - One of the best Links I've seen in a while.

Mr. Yaah - Your Fox vs. my Bowser? Laaaaaame!

GK Infinity - It was great to finally get to meet you! I learned a lot watching you play! Hopefully we can meet up again before Genesis 2.

Dunskies - Thanks for the compliments after my match against that shiek player! And I really liked playing you!

2badsoSad - That money match was so funny! Who techs off of the balloon in Termina Bay?!

But really, I loved playing everyone! Sorry if I forgot anyone. Many shoutouts to everyone who told me my Bowser was nice. :)

BTW, how many Forward Smashes did I hit today? Was anyone counting? :p

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah, MARU is the peach player..

Thanks for Coming Everyone!!! You guys are the greatest!

MARU - Never thought you had it within you to beat me in a legit set out of 5. Never had this much fun in a set with you before. Congrats!!

Naleek - Very nice bowser. But i wasn't impressed by your matches vs Mr. Yaah hahahaha

GK Infinity & Sage - Thanks for coming and "sleeping over" at our place before the tournament. The night wouldn't have been so awesome without you guys. I wish that Keith entered singles though, although he would've changed the great tournament bracket and results.

Fresno peeps - Thanks for coming guys!! Although all of you guys had an off-day/tiring day, you guys still livened up the mood in the tournament. Unfortunately I didn't get to play with most of you guys.

69% - Dude, our sets were so epic. If I didn't pick Kongo Jungle in the last match of our second set, then you could've pulled off another upset again.

GB - Nice performance GB. I wish that we would've played in the brackets.

Pandacobo & Italian Stallion - Thanks for coming guys!! It must've been tiring driving over 2 hours here and back home. Can't wait to upload my set against Italian Stallion =P

Noshi (GKL) - haha got beaten by the same people again (Maru and me). you should ask fly for more advice.

Das Boots - Thanks for coming. I hope that you finished all of your work/study by today.

Mr. Yaah - Good performance John. But still, no johns.

Mugatu - Good performance and happy belated birthday.

Holy (Jahan) - Good **** reppin Mewtwo/Yoshi!!! I wish I watched your tournament set against Naleek..

STK - You did a great job in the brackets. Keep it up!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow

always knew that kid had potential

keep it up maru, congrats.

nick mr 9th place ROOOOFL come on, u gotta beat the 9th place syndrome! thats cool u beat dunk but u got this LOL!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
@$^#$@#%#$%#$@^#$ 9th place syndrome

Yeah I was playing pretty poorly but it all makes sense because it was the only way that I could've gotten 9th. ANNNDDDDD dunk actually dropped out because him and the fresno guys were leaving, but he would've beaten me

Man, i've gotten 2nd in about 4 tournaments now (for doubles) and 9th for 7 or so tournaments. It's cool though because once I get 9th at Genesis 2 it'll actually be a legit placing haha

Thanks for another awesome tournament jason. Shoutouts to come later

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gkl: try blizz+block camping ganon! it helps a lot at least to set the pace!

for peach... COUNTER PICK HER BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or do u already?

ic's bros got this.

LMAO yeah nick, get 2nd in teams and 9th in singles at g2!

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
hey jason, did you happen to find a 3ds screen protector thing that i left there? i cant find it in my bag, i dont remember taking it out but it could have fallen out i guess.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
First off, I love my undeserved 9th place. :)

Secondly this was a fun tournament. I played significantly more friendlies than the last tournament and I felt I learned more from this tournament than the one before.

So now some shout outs:

PNaleek -Thanks for letting us drive you to the tournament. On a more serious note, it was really cool to see your Bowser in action. It gives me hope that I can do well with my Mewtwo. Having said that, I want to play your Bowser again with my Mewtwo, so eventually we should plan another day where we meet up.

2highsofly - Our set was fun and our friendlies were more fun. Maybe by the next time we play I will have improved enough so I won't just be food for your combos.

Mr Yaah - Last Merced tournament, you knocked PandaCobo out of the singles bracket. This tournament, you knocked me out. We are planning our revenge accordingly......

Bizzarro Flame - .............I have nothing to say to you except this: Soon you will learn that :mewtwo: is greater than :ganondorf:

But seriously, thanks for hosting the tournament and double thanks for the friendlies. I understand they probably aren't as exciting to you as they are to me since our skill levels are so different. To understand how different, please watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqq-Ibd0NFo

Holy - I didn't talk to you or play you, but I noticed you using Mewtwo so I thought I would give you a shout. Next time, I would like to play some Mewtwo dittos with you.

69% - You're very good! And very fun to play against. It is going to be very difficult for my Mewtwo to win against your Link when all your moves "link" together so well.

GK Infinity - Although I didn't talk to you much, I payed close attention to your Zelda when I could. One of my main regrets from last tournament is that I didn't watch you play, so I made a point to do so this tourney, and I am glad I did. I am a Mewtwo main at heart, but I like Zelda a lot too and watching you gives me new ideas that I can try to apply to my game.

PandaCobo - Your Peach is crap, utter crap. My Peach is sooooo much better.

Oh, and I thought I would let you guys know that if you don't want to type out my full name, you can abbreviate it to this: ISTA
I know how tiring it can be to type out ItalianStallion over and over and over, so you can use ISTA instead. It is what I sometimes use as a tag. But I never use it for Mewtwo obviously because of the teleport.

Thanks for a fun day!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I have fun playing against anyone, including your mewtwo. However, I expect you to take at least two stocks off me next time whether it's friendlies or a tournament match

and I love typing ItalianStallion cuz it's such an awesome name =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, i have a lot

i joined these boards 2002

and for a while dedicated myself to diversity

i've had my fair share of time with every character

i usually have the intent of dittoing any up and coming low tier main

ask GK about our 2 hour zelda ditto a couple years ago where i won every match by spamming rolls and jabs

that said

i think a ganon ditto with biz and a link ditto with 69 would be fun

(though i prefer going ylink vs 69's link)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha i've link ditto'd joemang a few times, its pretty fun. i got good at melee by doing link dittos for hours on end for a year or two.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jr had my favorite link

it was like

wtf

so

i'll do hella good against silentspectre today

after playing link for

a little while

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah, jr's link was effing crazy, best use of utilts ever. i idolized jr's link back in the TGE days.

Top Bottom