• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Crew Battle The Third

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I'm making this thread because chances are I'm going to be the one organizing the battle and it just takes too long to communicate through Andrew. So UCB, what are the best dates for you to come? I think the 23rd has been thrown out there for a date but I hear you're having trouble getting responses. Before anything can happen I need to reserve a room so I'd like to know as soon a possible. I think it would be really cool if we could make this happen, especially since you've hosted twice. Also, are any of the other UC's interested in coming? Just throwing that out there.
Note: Keep talking to Andrew about housing specifics, I think he's got that covered.

Zoap

Smash Master
UCLMC which I represent. Ill unfortunately have to play 6 characters as no one else plays smash at my UC.

S2

Smash Lord
Does anyone from UCSB lurk around here?

I played in the crew battles last year but I'm alumni now (along with all but 1 of our team) :(

We'll send Zander to play for all of us.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you're probably right, although I'd like to see what's going on with Cal first. If this thing falls through I might just do another regular tourney.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If UCR wants to make the trip then we can probably accommodate you. I can't speak for everyone here of course but we're pretty hospitable people.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
^_^ well, from what I heard there was initial interest from some UCB smashers, but if that's not the case, then it won't be happening again. And I was looking forward to a 20$ mm with random smashers too...T_T

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Sounds like you folks would have quite a road trip ahead of you!
If UCR wants to make the trip then we can probably accommodate you. I can't speak for everyone here of course but we're pretty hospitable people.
Its just sooo far lol, now that i think about it we prolly wont be able to make it. but there is always with friends online in brawl:)

Radikal

Smash Rookie
I'm making this thread because chances are I'm going to be the one organizing the battle and it just takes too long to communicate through Andrew. So UCB, what are the best dates for you to come? I think the 23rd has been thrown out there for a date but I hear you're having trouble getting responses. Before anything can happen I need to reserve a room so I'd like to know as soon a possible. I think it would be really cool if we could make this happen, especially since you've hosted twice. Also, are any of the other UC's interested in coming? Just throwing that out there.
Note: Keep talking to Andrew about housing specifics, I think he's got that covered.
I'm the one you should be talking to. I'm in the know of Berkeley events and all that.

And don't mind petoo, he's always talking ****. That's really the only thing he's good at.

Anywho, Berkeley is interested in trekking over to Davis for a third battle. The only problem is that we haven't even had our first event yet so most of our crowd isn't aware of it coming up (although there are some). I personally spoke to Andrew on AIM and we couldn't really figure out anything; as far as I know, Davis wants it for the 23rd which doesn't work for a few of those who displayed interest...

I guess we'll need more time to figure things out. I'll make sure to ask around this weekend since it's our first triweekly (everyone go to it!! lozl)

BTW, if anyone needs to get a hold of me catch me on AIM: RadicalReactor

Miharu

Smash Hero
^_^ well, from what I heard there was initial interest from some UCB smashers, but if that's not the case, then it won't be happening again. And I was looking forward to a 20$ mm with random smashers too...T_T
To all you random scrubs out there:

Don't get swindled by this guy.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Radikal,

We're flexible with dates, but one problem is our quarter will end in early march and we'll all be pretty busy then.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Aaack! I looked up the definition for swindle and its a bad word! ^_^ But I don't swindle people. n00bs like myself don't have that ability.

Go to ender's NK!
Hey Pink Shinobs even if you do come with someone from Davis I think you should team with me so we can win money. Whaddya say?

EDIT: for ender's games that is.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I know a lot of people at UCR would be interested, myself included :)
Like who?

Knivez would never go that far for a tournament.
Luigi would say he would go, but decide not to.
I plan on going but end up running out of money at the last minute.

...and who else at UCR is even good enough to represent it?

Zoap

Smash Master
JTB said:
Like who?

Knivez would never go that far for a tournament.
Luigi would say he would go, but decide not to.
I plan on going but end up running out of money at the last minute.

...and who else at UCR is even good enough to represent it?
no need to be a party pooper now JTB

NintendoKing said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Shinobi
Aaack! I looked up the definition for swindle and its a bad word! ^_^ But I don't swindle people. n00bs like myself don't have that ability.

Go to ender's NK!

Hey Pink Shinobs even if you do come with someone from Davis I think you should team with me so we can win money. Whaddya say?

EDIT: for ender's games that is.
Don't break the beautiful bond of NK and Kev$ for a Davis person :(

Radikal said:
ein: what's the likelihood of you guys being able to host further down the road - perhaps sometime in mar/april/even may?
I'm thinking not likely, he posted this in feb so he prob wants to do it soon.

Pink Shinobi said:
Go Banana Slugs! ^_^
Trying to get on Sheridan's good side ehhhhhhhhh

HyugaRicdeau said:
Stay in school kids.
Your one to talk, lying to me and snap about getting your PHD, for shame.

S2 said:
Yeah we do!

When you organized it last time it turned out great!

...but alas, you live so far away from SoCal now. Why can't Australia be closer?
Ummm cuz if Australia was closer Hawaii wouldn't exist, uh duhhhhhhhhhh

einthesuperdog said:
Tell that to Park
I don't think Park wishes to be reminded of being swindled.

einthesuperdog said:
Radikal,

We're flexible with dates, but one problem is our quarter will end in early march and we'll all be pretty busy then.
Double Posting is bad mmkay.

Pink Shinobi said:

Go to ender's NK!
PSSHHHHHHHH LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Mr.Ganondorf told me of your swindling techniques.

NintendoKing said:
I trained Pink Shinobi and he doesn't sandbag like I do. So be careful. That's all I'm gonna say.
He does to sandbag, its his way of setting up his swindling MM's.

Hydro Kirby said:
To all you random scrubs out there:

Don't get swindled by this guy.
This guy doesn't give good advice often, but when he does its gold.

Radikal said:
I'm the one you should be talking to. I'm in the know of Berkeley events and all that.

And don't mind petoo, he's always talking ****. That's really the only thing he's good at.

Anywho, Berkeley is interested in trekking over to Davis for a third battle. The only problem is that we haven't even had our first event yet so most of our crowd isn't aware of it coming up (although there are some). I personally spoke to Andrew on AIM and we couldn't really figure out anything; as far as I know, Davis wants it for the 23rd which doesn't work for a few of those who displayed interest...

I guess we'll need more time to figure things out. I'll make sure to ask around this weekend since it's our first triweekly (everyone go to it!! lozl)

Very long post basically saying that you should be the one he is talking too.

bluebomber22 said:
Its just sooo far lol, now that i think about it we prolly wont be able to make it. but there is always with friends online in brawl
where do you live? I drove to Socal 13 times last year there is no excuse not to drive to play the game of SSBM.

Pink Shinobi said:
SWINDLER!!!!!!

Caotic said:
face it, you guys need me to organise a massive UC crew battle
Why'd you move again? You should come back to Socal its much hipper and cooler now.

I'll finish the rest later. BYE

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
ein: what's the likelihood of you guys being able to host further down the road - perhaps sometime in mar/april/even may?
Hard to tell. I don't really know what schedules are going to be like. If we can just get the dates that berkeley is available we can try to work around that.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
It depends, NK...I'm not sure if anyone is coming with me yet. I promised to team with Jinshuis if no one comes with me, but ur leavin soon so yeah if no one from UCD wanna come with me.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Actually I'm staying in norcal. Weird story but anyways. You can promise to team with someone all you want, but when it comes down to it; Do you want to win money or do you not want to win money? That's the question I ask to you.

petoo0

Smash Ace

yeah im amazing at that. i mean...i talk **** to everyone right zoap.

Top Bottom