• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair combos

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
One time I did 90% on a Noob that only cc'd with dair. It was lulzy. My Peach assraped him...

D

Deleted member

I routinely upair combo people for 70% at a time =)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
marth is a floaty now? What the ****.

I wish somebody would sit the **** down and come down with names for the different weight classes. O_O

GUAH!

Put the noggin on them hoes. DK jr up in that nonsense. I gotta practice on my u.air juggles. Im sad that my ness hasnt gotten better.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I wish somebody would list the hitstun values for everybody. lol. It'd make finding combos much easier... hmm, I might do it sometime this summer lol.

Is hitstun is affected by how much damage you have?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes, and what you do is you use upair and see how long it takes for them to jump and if you have half the hit stun pichu does for his upair you should be able to set up a grab

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I'm playing Ness so far this week but I think Bair to PK thunder works pretty nicely for me. What do you think? Need some opinions about this please and thank you.

As for hitstun values if I find my or buy a new memory card hardware for the MAX action replay of course.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'm still working on djcing in Melee, it's alot tougher than in 64 because you need to l-cancel uair and dair (they autocancel in 64) and it still doesn't get rid of ALL the lag so you need to wait a split second.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
dang why don't you have videos up ;__;
Because I'm better than he is. Just ask him.

XD

and you can't chain too many uairs against Marth and you don't want to risk it when you have medium/high damage because chances are, you're doing DJC-uairs and if he is good at getting out of hitstun/tumble quickly, whatever he does out of that may send you off the stage and then sadface-city without a jump. [upB and counter, come to mind]

Ness players should use dair->uair more often for KO. At higher damage it's easier for people to DI a bair/nair and live than it is to survive an uair...plus the hitstun from dair is stupid good...I mean it's long enough for Ness to be able to lcancel, jump, double jump, uair @_@.

oh and lastly: nair is one of his best moves. abuse it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Because I'm better than he is. Just ask him.

XD

and you can't chain too many uairs against Marth and you don't want to risk it when you have medium/high damage because chances are, you're doing DJC-uairs and if he is good at getting out of hitstun/tumble quickly, whatever he does out of that may send you off the stage and then sadface-city without a jump. [upB and counter, come to mind]

Ness players should use dair->uair more often for KO. At higher damage it's easier for people to DI a bair/nair and live than it is to survive an uair...plus the hitstun from dair is stupid good...I mean it's long enough for Ness to be able to lcancel, jump, double jump, uair @_@.

oh and lastly: nair is one of his best moves. abuse it.
Mow > Toasty. Srry Toasty...

Also fair is greatly overrated by a lot of Ness players.

Uair never kos for me. I usually don't have problems ko'ing. It's racking up damage that kills me lol.

Edit: I don't mean to say it never Kos. Just that, usually, I'm able to get better options (in the jigglypuff matchup it does count as a ko move lol).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sage>>>Random Ness player>>>>Toasty.

Mwuahaha

Edit: don't ask me why there's a space in randoms's name. it didn't show up here.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
it's quick, high priority, and has decent/good knockback, and it's also quick-to-finish which means a couple things:
-if you miss, you're not crazy vulnerable afterward
-if you nair while off the stage, you're not in much danger of failing to recover like you are if you, for example, did a dair off the stage.

oh and hits from a lot of sides of Ness :)

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
sextasmal out of shield
full hop or DJC

also it looks alot like peaches nair, not saying it has the same properties but hey
i was trying to do a psuedo-pillar
djc nair->jab->R&R

the timings a bit funky, i think we (the ness community) should look into it
unless its already been looked at and proved to be bad

maybe even djc nair->dtilt->R&R

LSDX

Wah!
I juggle a lot with Uair. I would think his head would hurt after hitting so much. Chaining Dairs on noobs that you can predict is fun.
Try doing it with DJC, and it makes it even more orgasmic. Finish that good stuff off with a deathline grab. Fufufu!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You skill level massively reduces just by leaving va. Happy eid btw.

U-throw combos ganon. WTF

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
sextasmal out of shield
full hop or DJC

also it looks alot like peaches nair, not saying it has the same properties but hey
i was trying to do a psuedo-pillar
djc nair->jab->R&R

the timings a bit funky, i think we (the ness community) should look into it
unless its already been looked at and proved to be bad

maybe even djc nair->dtilt->R&R
Rrgh. I hate the 11 frames of lag, though, from djc nair. 9 is so much cooler of a number. And Ness's jab <<<<<<<< Peach's.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness' jab is pretty terrible unfortunately.

I wish Ness' aerials had less endlag when hitting the ground. Especially nair.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
At low percents, DJC nair/fair > usmash > aerial combos on some characters.

EDIT: Of course, it's not a true combo. But it's hard to avoid getting hit by the whole string if you don't know it's coming.

Top Bottom