• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two techniques for your arsenal of flashiness

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In my opinon IC's are by far the hardest character to master. You have to move your fingers faster for some of the stuff they do and have better timing then you do with fox...

JFox

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that being extremely technical won't win you battles.
Unless you play falco. :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

IC's just needs the wobbles. Seriously, my friend can't do anything else, but still beats people just because he knows how to do that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Unless you play falco. :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

IC's just needs the wobbles. Seriously, my friend can't do anything else, but still beats people just because he knows how to do that.
Then the people your friends play must suck. Also, some major tournaments like Pound and OC are banning wobbling..what then?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Fox is all about timing and playing smart..... and obviously technical. Of course you probably shouldn't listen to me cuz I use Control Stick to jump. I can't understand how other people use X and Y.... weird

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What is wobbling?
It's some sick IC's stuff that let's you chaingrab anyone from 0% to death. I think is grab dthrow and dtilt or ftilt(not sure) so that popo doesn't throw and nana keeps doing that then d throw and dair(nana) and grab again and... hmm honestly I don't know it's too weird :dizzy:

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling is just another word for the IC's infinite. There are no throws involved. You just grab them with Popo and have him consistently hit them in the grab while f-tilting/d-tilting with Nana.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wobbling is the IC infinite grab. You grab with popo and then alternate popo's headbut with nanas f-tilt or d-tilt so that you are never not hitting them and they cannot escape the grab.

And I also use the control stick to jump :).

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Wobbling is the IC infinite grab. You grab with popo and then alternate popo's headbut with nanas f-tilt or d-tilt so that you are never not hitting them and they cannot escape the grab.

And I also use the control stick to jump :).
Ah.. so the thing I was explaining was just a combo not a Wobble, thanks for the info.

OMG you use the control stick?(me too) then how the **** can you do RSHDL?

alcheato

Smash Ace
I used to use the control stick but I had the hardest time trying to wavedash with any chars or shorthop with Fox so I switched.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ah.. so the thing I was explaining was just a combo not a Wobble, thanks for the info.

OMG you use the control stick?(me too) then how the **** can you do RSHDL?
Well, I have a very unique way of holding the controller. I have my thumb and my index finger on the control stick and I also use the claw method with my other hand...Did you see my laser thing in the falco thread? In 1 minute my first try I got 268(i think) lasers only SHDLing.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Well, I have a very unique way of holding the controller. I have my thumb and my index finger on the control stick and I also use the claw method with my other hand...Did you see my laser thing in the falco thread? In 1 minute my first try I got 268(i think) lasers only SHDLing.
LOL Holy **** ..... I've one friend that holds the control stick the same way as you but he doesn't use the claw. COME ON MAN! I've gotta see how those fingers move and your fox RSHDL like crazy

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL. Well....go into the southwest forum on the regional zones boards and make a topic saying that you want someone to record my fingers and me rshdling lol. Because I dont have video equipment. There is a video of my fox on google vidoe..search Hylian(Fox) vs Kyle(Marth). You HAVE to download it. Otherwise the quality is horrible >_>. You can also see my samus if you search for it on google video too lol.

And yeah I have almost always been able to do this perfectly...I have never practiced it I can just do it.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
LOL. Well....go into the southwest forum on the regional zones boards and make a topic saying that you want someone to record my fingers and me rshdling lol. Because I dont have video equipment. There is a video of my fox on google vidoe..search Hylian(Fox) vs Kyle(Marth). You HAVE to download it. Otherwise the quality is horrible >_>. You can also see my samus if you search for it on google video too lol.

And yeah I have almost always been able to do this perfectly...I have never practiced it I can just do it.
No videos found. Can you give me the link to it? And yes I'm gonna request that

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm gonna have some Fox vids up this weekend hopefully. I do all t3h crazy t3chZ with Fox with a lot of flicking.. and I mean a LOT of flicking. Tooo much...... agh

I don't understand how you guys use X and Y to jump

Yay someone else that uses Control Stick!!!!!!!!

i never thought id find anyone else

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I use it just for SHDL and the best smashers here can short hop with the control stick.

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
Fox is definately the hardest to master because there are so many different things you have to do with him to become a truly high skilled competetive player

alcheato

Smash Ace
Masashi's Fox owns and the only advanced techs he really uses are wavedashing and l-canceling.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Masashi's Fox owns and the only advanced techs he really uses are wavedashing and l-canceling.
Masashi's fox owns yeah no doubt about that, he's a prove that smart playing can be better than technical skill. But is always nice to see a smart and technical fox like for example LuninSpectra

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks. And that was..*thinks*...8 months old?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I knew it because your opponent sucked badly and you were not playing serious, so I guess you're way better than that now. We shouldn't discuss this here his spam ^^ PM if you wish to tell me something else

Saab

Smash Cadet
when you guys were talking about waveshineing.. its pretty easy i can chain waveshine accross fd perfect 95% of the time and infinite waveshine on pokemon almost everytime... fox is hard but by no means the hardest.

Inevitable

Smash Apprentice
Fox is considered hard because it doesn't just take 10 minutes to learn his techniques but probably just 2 days or close to that time range.

Abuani

Smash Apprentice
I think its so cute when fox's go around double shining, waveshining, short hop double lasering back and forth after a kill, then when you respawn you shield grab back throw shine spike them, and for some reason none of that really matters anymore.

Play a smart fox,
Not a flashy one.

Disclaimer: Not to say that any of those techniques are useless, they're just not needed.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Of course not, but even though it may seem like so many people want and use these techniques, not many use them in tourneys or at least they use them and learn not to. Its really more for friendlies than skill showing. But if you can use these, they do show good control.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Technicality comes more naturally for some people than others. Flashiness should also not be mistaken for technicality.

I employ a wide variety of technically demanding tactics in my play, but they are by no means flashy. I hope that makes sense.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I try to be as flashy as possible in friendlies XD. In tourny matchs though I play much better. And I know what you mean Will.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
That's good lol, I'm just so tired of seeing all these videos of Foxes who don't know how to space but know how to waveshine >.<

BTW Oskurito, shine -> bair is awesome.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Well at least someone makes a coment related to this topic >_> yeah shine to bair is pretty cool

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's good lol, I'm just so tired of seeing all these videos of Foxes who don't know how to space but know how to waveshine >.<

BTW Oskurito, shine -> bair is awesome.
I LOVE Shine to bair now >_>. Yum Yum lol. And I remember playing Wilhelmsan in a friendly once and he was like "No one can really use thunders combo well anyways" So like two seconds later I thunders comboed him LOL. But yeah I notice not too many fox's use it as well >_>.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
And I remember playing Wilhelmsan in a friendly once and he was like "No one can really use thunders combo well anyways" So like two seconds later I thunders comboed him LOL. But yeah I notice not too many fox's use it as well >_>.
LOL

Foxes here use it alot but they don't know that is called thunders. Personally I found that combo very useful and I do it always yeah I'm sure most foxes don't do it because is hard to perform the long wavedash

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Actually, i don't use it frequently because people usually tech the shine. The guy i first played that used falco almost never missed a shine tech. If i notice that someone doesn't i'll try to whip it out at them.

Top Bottom