• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two combos that work well

kupo15

Smash Hero
Here are two little combos I found that you may have also. I decided to post them. As we all know, True combos don't really exist in Brawl. Virtually all brawl combos work from your opponent making mistakes instead of you perfectly executing them because of the lack of hitstun. These combos work well with very low damage.

1. We all about the down throw to up air combo. Well, you can do two different combos from this.
-You can do a wall of pain using the fair after the Uair
-You can do a Nair into an Angel ring after the Uair

*I have done this before but it may be because my friend doesn't really DI. I need to try these out on my other friends that actually DI and fight a little harder.*

If your opponent is smart, they can (and most like will) air dodge the Uair that follows a down throw because that two step combo isn't guaranteed. So if you notice your opponent always air dodging your down throws into Uairs, try mixing it up with this.

2. After the down throw, jump as if to do an Uair and wait a little bit and use his Dair. This hit IS guaranteed granted that your opponent air dodges immediately after the throw. Pit's Dair acts a little like Toon Link's Bair.
Especially at low damage, a rising Dair is a great way to start combos when they are on the ground because you can pull off a small wall of pain with consecutive Dairs and finish off with a Fair or whatever you like.

*This is not 100 percent because like I said, combos only work if your opponent makes a mistake and how you react to it. Be cautious when doing the Dair wall of pain because if they expect it after being throw or after the first one connects, they can perform their Dair and it will punish you.

I find that a running rising Dair is a great way to start combos b/c they most likely will be expecting a running A or Running grab.

**Use your mindgame skills to pull these off***

Hope this helps a little!
Kupo

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I often try to string a Angel Ring after a DairUthrow combo but it rarely hits. When it does though the combo itself deals close to seventy damage due to the inability to DI out of a falling Angel Ring.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
d-throw empty jump grab, tilt, or jab and delayed n-airs instead of u-airs are great for people who air dodge. then if they start attacking you. just shield grab or shield > oos punish... or go back to u-airs i guess.

i started only doing the d-throw > u-air combo when there's a platform above me for them to land on cuz i got sick of getting air dodge owned =[

kupo15

Smash Hero
I often try to string a Angel Ring after a DairUthrow combo but it rarely hits. When it does though the combo itself deals close to seventy damage due to the inability to DI out of a falling Angel Ring.
That is combo I'll have to try. Obviously, it probably works better if they are at 0 percent. I am assuming that you ment Dair to Uair right? Or do you mean(at low damage) Dair, wait until they land Up throw?

I thought of an extension combo to the first one I posted. Like before, it will only work if you opponent makes mistakes in countering your attack(very unfortunate):
-Down throw to Uair> Nair> arrow if they go to far away> Angel ring to the ground>Dtilt>any finisher.

I don't know if this is possible but it would be cool if it was done.

d-throw empty jump grab, tilt, or jab and delayed n-airs instead of u-airs are great for people who air dodge. then if they start attacking you. just shield grab or shield > oos punish... or go back to u-airs i guess.

i started only doing the d-throw > u-air combo when there's a platform above me for them to land on cuz i got sick of getting air dodge owned =[
I would like to add that charged smashes are also great for immediate air dodges out of a grab, especially side smash.
I also noticed that if they are throw over a ledge, the Uair Always connects so I completely agree with you. But you can occasionally do this combo without a platform if you mix up your throws and play mindgames with them

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Heh, I'm too entirely sure what I was thinking when I typed that. What I meant was a DThrowUairAR. It doesn't really matter how you set it up. I tend to either use a Glair but most commonly a PowerShielded attack.

I have it in one of my online matches... Not sure which though.

Top Bottom