• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 4 - Ottawa, Canada - Dec. 1, 2007

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
can you stop it? I just received like 16 emails saying lol....no
I think the answer is clear now lol.

don't lol no my post too :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The face of Jake has spoken. Can we get a full version for added effect?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
PKM: Not sure I want to take ALL your money. So I'll mm you with just my Fox/Marth for now. bo3 $5 each ;)

Max: FALCON/FALCO DITTO bo5 $3. XD

GPWN: Who the hell do you play anyways? (I hear its not Ganon anymore.)

Fogel: POOL 1 is ridiculous. If mine stays the way it is, there are definetly going to be some intense matches. The thing that sucks is, the good players in our pool who don't make it won't have a chance at brackets.

However; the pool itself does makes me more determined than ever to prove myself - and have a fun a$$ time doing it.

tect

Smash Journeyman
OMG T_T this sounds like it's gonna be an epic tourney but it seems like 99.9% chance that i WILL NOT be coming because i have a pro track meet to go to @ Ithaca, NY at Cornell Uni. T_T AGHHHHH

though i may come, still

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
I run rogue/lock in 2s. Rogue/druid/lock in 3s, I run two 5s lineups rogue/lock/lock/druid/spriest and lock/rogue/pally/sham/spriest.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
I like to point out I KNOW I wont be making it out of brakets, and Starfurry was pure luck on my side, but hey its a random trip to Ottawa with teammates so even if i dont make it out I tried my best (^^)b

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Chet did you talk things out with test? Whats your final plan?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I don't see why so many people are saying Pool 1 is so much harder than the others. Each pool has one of the Quebec 'big 4', and at least two other EC PRers in it. Most of the 'regular' pool smashers have been to quite a few tourneys and beaten some big names at one point. Honestly, as one of the people in the 'hard' pool, looking at the other pools I seriously don't think any of the other 3 would be much easier.

Is pool 1 seriously a big problem? I'd like an explanation from those of you who think so. Again, nothing's changing until the tourney date, I'm just personally curious as to why.

Dice

Smash Lord
I don't see why so many people are saying Pool 1 is so much harder than the others. Each pool has one of the Quebec 'big 4', and at least two other EC PRers in it. Most of the 'regular' pool smashers have been to quite a few tourneys and beaten some big names at one point. Honestly, as one of the people in the 'hard' pool, looking at the other pools I seriously don't think any of the other 3 would be much easier.

Is pool 1 seriously a big problem? I'd like an explanation from those of you who think so. Again, nothing's changing until the tourney date, I'm just personally curious as to why.
There are 3 sheiks and a fox, I'm sure ThatGuy would agree with me on that being hard >_> <_<

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well let's just say in pool 1, it's a lot less obvious who's going to take the 3rd and 4th spot into the brackets. What I think is that perhaps Thatguy, Dice, Raynex, Thad... are all roughly the same skill level I would say. And maybe Fogel if you can win vs these guys. That's why it's going to be very hard for you guys.

Also Matt and I, no longer need housing, don't worry about us anymore. We are coming in the morning with Vwins and Bam and leaving the same night.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about Dice in that statement Nate..

In before Joel says what I know he's going to say

Yes Thad beat Raynex at Trans Can but Bernard has sold his soul..

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Raynex > Thad, Thatguy, Dice

No seriously...
heh we shall see then... but a lot of improvements have been made by Thatguy since ToS 3 or TCT...

and also Raynex selling his soul? lol what a noob. Well then, he will never have the heart needed in the heat of battle. I will make sure of that!!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol don't worry Dice, he will get quickly put in his place. =)

Dice, it all depends I guess.. Montreal = we keep training here and there at smash
Ottawa and Toronto, I have no idea...

So if you did train, the results will show.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
Okay I have good news:) ! As for now, I can go saturday. So it's pretty sure that I'll bring my GC. Also I asked my friend if he could give me a ride (he also wants to come and see) and he said that he can (however it always bad luck with him because stuff to do and then cancel things and bla bla). But if I get the ride! I'll brg a tv! Btw I have another friend that's coming. His swf account is PWtCB and he'll brg a GC too. Also the guy with the car has a Wii.

And just to give us false hope lol, I asked him if he could bring his projector. Well he has to get permission from his dad for that :ohwell: but at least this gives hope :D. <-- Of course if you permit him to bring it.

And lastly, I think I'll enter the tourny on doubles with PWtCB.

Edit: I'll also brg a 2--> 6 and a 1--> 3 electric plug thingie (power bar)? and maybe some cable

ThatGuy

Smash Master
heh we shall see then... but a lot of improvements have been made by Thatguy since ToS 3 or TCT...

and also Raynex selling his soul? lol what a noob. Well then, he will never have the heart needed in the heat of battle. I will make sure of that!!!
How would you know that? I haven't played anyone since SFF2 :laugh: (that may be a good thing...).

I don't have much to prove; RayneX everything. I think the pressure will be on him at this tournament, and we'll have to see how he takes it. I hope for his sake he doesn't underestimate us!

As for Pool 1 being tough, it's tough because of the overall skill crunch represented inside it. Spots 3-4 is going to turn out into a huge fistfight between...4-6 players or so? Ridiculous.

There are 3 sheiks and a fox, I'm sure ThatGuy would agree with me on that being hard >_> <_<
Haha, well, don't forget us 2 Falcons. ;) But I haven't been having problems in character matchups lately, it's more just me getting ***** overall (Except Ganon, that character is ****ing broken), or ****** overall.

Also, a projector would be nuts!

BTW, anyone feel like doing commentary for matches? Sounds cheesy I know but I think it would be a pretty funny idea... I would personally volunteer to do so ;) (I have a mic and everything).

TestRider

Smash Ace
K so...

I finish work at 11 pm Friday, anyone want to catch a bus late that night or early Saturday morning? Or does anyone have a place in their car? I really don't like the idea of a 2 hours bus ride by myself.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
How many crew battles are happening at this?
is it only Ottawa vs Toronto? or what
cause I'll want to set aside tapes and stuff for thoes so i can put that together

and a projector would be crazy

also someone bring a camera and make a montage bach style lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
lol don't worry Dice, he will get quickly put in his place. =)

Dice, it all depends I guess.. Montreal = we keep training here and there at smash
Ottawa and Toronto, I have no idea...

So if you did train, the results will show.
We've been playing a lot lately in Toronto what with our bi-weeklies and all.
The only reason I'm talking like this is because we've been having a lot of chances to make ourselves more consistent players, although as ThatGuy said, since we're the ones trying to prove something then the pressure is on us.

It doesn't really matter what anyone predicts anyways, when its game time its game time.

Edit: And Dice, do you want to mm or something? Relax.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
We should put money on the Ottawa v. Toronto crew battle. I think Runawayfire agrees with this sentiment, not sure about the rest of the folks involved though. =\

Top Bottom