• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 4 - Ottawa, Canada - Dec. 1, 2007

worldjem7

Smash Ace
That was a pleasant ending. Love you too Damax.

Concerning the actual tournament, I can bring a gamecube and an extension cord.

Fogel

Smash Lord
@GTA - Could you guys confirm that there will be 2 cars with 5 people each? I'm thinking whoever's in Ambrose's car will stay with me, and whoever's in Sanuzi's car will stay with Phrozn. I just want to make sure that's still how you guys are all getting here. Also, for those staying with me, make sure you bring sleeping bags or something, I don't have lots of furniture at my place (no extra beds, only 1 couch which is not big enough to sleep on). I've got 1 sleeping bag someone can use, and 1 yoga mat thingy, but that's it.

@Kage/Matt - Could one of you post to let us know if you still need housing, and for what days?

If I go there I'll brg my Gc and perhaps 2 GC. But I don't know yet because I might get busy because it's the end of the semester. Also, I don't know if I can stay till 10pm
Don't worry about having to leave early, by that time most tourney matches are over anyways. Having another cube or two for the early parts of the tournament would be most helpful. Thanks!

I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk for Chester the Molester, but we haven't got any housing yet from what I know and he seemed to want to spend the night in Ottawa (not sure though). We haven't got a lift yet so we might be take the bus.
Please post once you know what the plan is, that way we know you're taken care of.

oh shiiiit. Camz are we all gonna be @ the same place? like along with Matt and shiz? omg lets have an all-night smash **** running. LOL did it a couple of weeks ago, funniest ****. Who's down?
No, all the people who need housing will NOT be at the same house. I'm trying to make sure people are as split up as possible, to reduce the burden on people who are providing housing.

Robert -> don't worry, housing is already figured out.
I'm gonna guess you guys are staying at GPWN's?

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

super mm list -

Runawayfire - Bo3 5$ DK vs puff
Kage - Bo7 20$ Ganon dittos
Kirbykaze - Sheik dittos bo3 5$, dk vs sheik bo3 5$
raynex - fox falco falcon marth, 4 mm, all 4 of them bo3 5$?
europhoria - puff vs marth bo3 5$, marth dittos bo5 5$, dk vs marth bo3 5$
Tyrantwolf - something, grow some balls! jk >_>
jarc - random vs random bo3 2$
<3brian - dk vs marth bo3 2$

Feel free to ask for more, I love drinks.
FU :( I want a big list too.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I'm careless and moneyless haah. but if you wanan pay me everything that's good I'll come.

University + living alone with no work = no money.

there is so few bursarie avaible for philosophers too. I already feel hated at the university for being a philosopher. people underestimate em. guess I'm still a underdog but still on top haha cause underdog's on top.

so ya I'll have to talk business with my parents thus going to a tournament near finals is definitly NOT going to help me at all.

I got a lot of stuff to do. and many I havent done yet.

Also I'd rather keep my money so I could buy a cheap pass for the nearby mountain. I'd rather snowboard than play smash so its part of a choice. also a better looking one towards my parents.

I wish I was rich, but it isn't the case I fear. Thus you can all rot in hell *****es.

hate you all.
I see your pain...

But it won't make me like you stupid philosophers... you guys make my job so much harder!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Pools are up a day early, because I'm a nice guy like that. Check the first post. I spent a lot of time trying to make sure they were balanced, taking into account the different regions of the 3 big smash cities, crews, PR rankings, etc. Let me know if you see something blatantly wrong.

For those who are curious about the names (Thanks for the idea Rick!):

http://www.worldrps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=33

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Premium account? ;)

You could also try Vivi the Black Mage; I haven't seen it around too much.

Cam, when will pools be up? :)
Well, I found a new one... and its impossible that sum1 else has it.

Seriously, who is lame enough to have a Gamecube logo as their avatar?

Pools are up a day early, because I'm a nice guy like that. Check the first post. I spent a lot of time trying to make sure they were balanced, taking into account the different regions of the 3 big smash cities, crews, PR rankings, etc. Let me know if you see something blatantly wrong.

For those who are curious about the names (Thanks for the idea Rick!):

http://www.worldrps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=33
lolol good stuff I think I'll change my sig a little... I gotta advertise the best gambit around

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
OMG POOLS!

time for predictions!

by the way, pool 1 is INSANE, what the squweek.

Avalanchers Pool

pkmvodka
GanonPWN!
RaynEx
thatguy

Bureaucrats Pool

chesterr01
Locke
Matt
Bread-Butterer

Crescendo Pool

Bam
Jarc
tect
SAUS

Denouement Pool

Rimi
Vwins
Kage
Unknown522

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
This is TyrantWolf right now.

I'm having a tournament right now and most of the GTA smashers are with me right now. We're all agreeing that the pools are a bit imbalanced. Pool "Crescendo" is imbalanced from our judgement.

Cam, catch my MSN from Andy. We could discuss the pools. Nothing huge, really. But yeah. pool 1 and 4 look good.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
I dont mean to be an a$$ but by imbalanced do you mean stacked... Cause Crescendo is the easist pool..

Dice

Smash Lord
How does pool 3 or whatever look imbalanced compared to pool 1? Are you high? I agree with rimi on this one.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
How someone can say that pool 1 is fine and then say pool 3 is imbalanced is beyond my comprehension. Seriously.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
This is Runawayfire

Honestly, you guys don't know very much about the T.O scene and our respective players skill levels.
You guys dont know who are our worse players vs our best for the most part.
Some of our best players have been paired together, while our worse ones are paired as well.

Switching either Switchblade or worldjem7 with Me. I.B or Europhoria would make it a lot
more balanced imo.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
i'm bored AKA stats attack!

Avalanchers Pool

Fogel - ottawa
GanonPWN! - ottawa
KirbyKaze - toronto
pkmvodka - MTL
ThatGuy - MTL
WarranThad - MTL
Sanuzi - Toronto
Dice - ottawa
RaynEX - toronto

Ottawa 3, toronto 3, montreal 3

Bureaucrats Pool

Cbone - Ottawa
chesterr01 - MTL
Locke - Ottawa
Matt - MTL
Navo - Ottawa
Switchblade - Toronto
worldjem7 - Toronto
Bread-Butterer - Toronto

Ottawa 3, Montreal 2, Toronto 3

Crescendo Pool

Bam - MTL
Jarc - MTL
Runawayfire - Toronto
tect - Ottawa
SAUS - Ottawa
Europhoria - Toronto
Arsenic - Ottawa
I.B. - Toronto

Montreal 2, Ottawa 3, toronto 3

Denouement Pool

Ambrose - Toronto
Phrozn - Ottawa
Rimi - Ottawa
Shuriken - Ottawa
Vwins - MTL
Kage - MTL
Lone Wolf - Toronto

toronto 2, Ottawa 3, Montreal 2

K seriously, where do you see your imbalance?

EDIT

Skill levels? Imbalance? Ottawa players are ALL paired together, every pool has 3 of them, that's not unfair, that's how it is.

EDIT 2

Joel The Gangsta~~ "Bumblebee, quit lubricating the man!" dit :
All the MTL people save Thad and I are on the PR
And we're in the same pool
How cute

OMG QQQQQQQQQ

nope, sorry. The competition level is high, it's to be expected to be paired with good players from your own region.

EDIT 3

And it's funny how 1 little change would make everything more balanced. If it's the case, then it's only a minor imbalance at most. Nice contradiction.

EDIT 4

I'm sure fogel took the time to check your pokeranking to help him settle the pools.

Dice

Smash Lord
This is Runawayfire

Honestly, you guys don't know very much about the T.O scene and our respective players skill levels.
Some of our best players have been paired together, while our worse ones are paired as well.

Switching either Switchblade or worldjem7 with Me. I.B or Europhoria would make it a lot
more balanced imo.
QQing about pools is weak. From what myself, and it seems like the rest of EC Canada says, the pools seem pretty **** fair. Leave it up to toronto to complain about cam's pools, which have been nothing short of perfect for ToS2 and ToS3 (ToS1 didn't have pools)

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
I love when PKM does stats attack, i wish you could be my pokemon =(

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
(Runawayfire again)

Umm fist off a big stfu to people like Dice, who I wasn't addressing in the first place and who nobody even cares about anyways....

Pkm, the relative numbers are fine and balanced, I'm talking about the skill of those players... which is why i suggested the switch that I had Which would actually make things more balanced ( and all if not most of T.O agree with me). Overall I'd say the pools are pretty **** balanced, Its just pool 3 where there's a problem. If montreal thought there should be a similiar switch we wouldn't have any problem with it.

Dice

Smash Lord
(Runawayfire again)

Umm fist off a big stfu to people like Dice, who I wasn't addressing in the first place and who nobody even cares about anyways....

Pkm, the relative numbers are fine and balanced, I'm talking about the skill of those players... which is why i suggested the switch that I had Which would actually make things more balanced ( and all if not most of T.O agree with me). Overall I'd say the pools are pretty **** balanced, Its just pool 3 where there's a problem. If montreal thought there should be a similiar switch we wouldn't have any problem with it.
Actually, i think you were addressing to me because you said "honetly, you guys don't know anything etc etc..". And since i was one of the posts before your replying to tyrantwolf's post, logically, you would also be addressing me. So like, stop being bad.

EDIT - oh and what makes you think anyone cares about your complaint about pools? Yeah you probably don't care what I have to say to you, but remember, when you are posting on a public forum, you are going to get a public response.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Arrogance doesnt get you anywhere, if your good you should be able to make it out of pools and if u need a switch to even make top 4 in your pool it just means theres no way you can win the tourny. if theres such a big gap between your skill levels which would require a switch wouldnt it just mean that the better player will move on?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
agrizzle with ottawa pplz.

but im just a to hating quebecois

obv.

all the brackets have secks players and will be hard, no johnz, even if i will be rizapped.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Yo!! Testrider is not even in any pools!! LOL. He is too good for us.
Good eye...TestRider is actually in the Crescendo pool. He was always in there, I just missed his name somehow in the Copy+Paste from tio. The first post has been updated; pool 3 just got that much harder :)

This is Runawayfire

more balanced imo.
Hmm...

Here's how I broke things down.

TOers pool 1:
- RaynEX (NNR, TO #1 ranked)
- KirbyKaze (aka Dragon_Hawk, no crew, won a recent TO biweekly so would probably be highly ranked if you guys bothered to rank him)
- Sanuzi (Sauga?, unranked player)

TOers pool 2:
- Switchblade (no crew/Sauga?, unranked player BUT placed the same as Bread and Runawayfire at Starfurry...did I miss something?)
- worldjem7 (no crew, unranked player)
- Bread-Butterer (NNR, TO #3 ranked)

TOers pool 3:
- Runawayfire (NNR, TO #7 ranked)
- Europhoria (no crew, unranked player...I think he did well at Starfurry but not sure of his ranking)
- I.B. (Sauga, TO #5 ranked)

TOers pool 4:
- Ambrose (no crew, TO #6 ranked)
- Lone Wolf (Sauga, TO #10 ranked)
- unknown522 (NNR, TO #4 ranked)

Looking at my breakdown, I'm not sure how you can say things are imbalanced. There are complaints about pool 3 (2 ranked players, 1 unranked), but none about pool 4 (3 ranked players, WITH higher rankings than pool 3)? You may or may not have a valid complaint about pool 2, but given that Switchblade placed just as high as your #3 (at the time #1 player) and #7 at Starfurry, you'd have to find some other proof to convince me that things are imbalanced.

I focused on dividing people primarily by crew, though I did take ranking into consideration. NNR is split up, Sauga people are split up, people I thought are 'crewless' were also split up. People who are teaming together I split up, since I assumed they played together a lot.

Facts out of the way, you could be a little less confrontational in your tone. I did what I could, with the facts and knowledge I had available. No one seemed to care at Starfurry when 3 out of 5 Ottawa smashers were in the same pool...when there were 8 pools :/ At least I'm trying here.

i'm bored AKA stats attack!

<snip>
Thanks for getting that info, I actually made a chart like that to help me check that pools were balanced by region. Hopefully when people see the breakdown in front of them, they will have less cause for complaint. The pools are also balanced in terms of number of EC PRers, as well.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Starfurry was Switchblade's best performance, I think first time he got out of pools. He's not good, and I can understand how you got that messed up. Noah also is way better than that on the count that Starfurry was his WORST tournament performance, honestly. lol he ***** the people he lost to following biweekly.

Also KirbyKaze asked to be taken off the list, if anything he's something like Top 5 in the GTA area. Europhoria also asked to be taken off aswell and if he were ranked it'd be something in the #11-13th spot. (Euro is currently doing well in our pools and tournament that is going on right now)

I really don't like how most of you *******s act like *****es, we're just making constructive critism about the pools and correct the misunderstanding of the rankings. That goes to the people of KPP and PKM.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Europhoria says... Umm, we're just trying to balance out the pools. None of you guys really play us so we're giving you an idea of how we're ranked so we can be split up properly. Our major suggestion was taking 1 of Europhoria, Runawayfire and IB and switching him with either Switchblade or Worldjem7.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Starfurry was Switchblade's best performance, I think first time he got out of pools. He's not good, and I can understand how you got that messed up. Noah also is way better than that on the count that Starfurry was his WORST tournament performance, honestly. lol he ***** the people he lost to following biweekly.

Also KirbyKaze asked to be taken off the list, if anything he's something like Top 5 in the GTA area. Europhoria also asked to be taken off aswell and if he were ranked it'd be something in the #11-13th spot. (Euro is currently doing well in our pools and tournament that is going on right now)

I really don't like how most of you *******s act like *****es, we're just making constructive critism about the pools and correct the misunderstanding of the rankings. That goes to the people of KPP and PKM.
First, thank you for the explanations. Let's see how my breakdown looks with your updates:

TOers pool 1:
- RaynEX (NNR, TO #1 ranked)
- KirbyKaze (no crew, about TO #5 rank)
- Sanuzi (Sauga?, unranked player)

TOers pool 2:
- Switchblade (no crew/Sauga?, unranked player BUT placed the same as Bread and Runawayfire at Starfurry...did I miss something?)
- worldjem7 (no crew, unranked player)
- Bread-Butterer (NNR, TO #3 ranked)

TOers pool 3:
- Runawayfire (NNR, TO #7 ranked)
- Europhoria (no crew, about TO #11/12 rank)
- I.B. (Sauga, TO #5 ranked)

TOers pool 4:
- Ambrose (no crew, TO #6 ranked)
- Lone Wolf (Sauga, TO #10 ranked)
- unknown522 (NNR, TO #4 ranked)

Looking at the revised breakdown, I still don't understand why there is outcry over pool 3, but none over pool 4 or even pool 1. With the 'revised' list, pool 4 still has the more highly ranked players compared to 3, and now two of the best TO players are in pool 1. If I were to make a change, it would be to switch either Ambrose or Lone Wolf with either worldjem7 or Switchblade to balance the skill out more; I don't think I would change pool 3.

However, I won't be making any changes right now. As I said above the pools in the first post, I won't be updating them until the date of the tourney itself. New people register at the last minute, and some people who are currently registered won't make it for various reasons, so the pools will have to be updated then anyway. When that happens, I'll take your information into account!

Top Bottom