• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnips

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
do u guys look at the turnip face's befor u throw them ? I always look at them in melee but in Brawl i cant even see the faces cuzz there so small so i dont bother

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No. I probably should though. Often when I pluck up a sword or bomb or stitchface, I don't register it as such and treat it as a normal turnip, but the instant I throw it I think, 'Oh ****! I just wasted a perfectly good sword/bomb/stitchface! FUUUUUUUU-'

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
yeah sometime i dont notice and just throw the bomb right away. I just usually think of all turnips the same no matter the face i just use them to space myself and for getting grabs

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Depends whether I'm in a hurry to throw it or not. Mostly, I'll quicky look at it. But you know, most of the people know when you have a stitchface/Saturn/Bob-omb/Sword in your hand if you take too long to throw it. They probably won't know the other faces.

Xyless

Smash Master
Sometimes. I take a quick glance for stitchfaces, but if it's not that or a ditto face, I tend to not care.

And on some TV's I've played on (last the last MI tourney I went to), there have been TV's that were WAY too small and bad to see the faces at all. I nearly stitchfaced my own teammate because I couldn't see.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
I usually don't look at the turnip face. I end up noticing after I throw it. I probably should get into the habit of looking at it once in a while though.

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
usually not a good thing to try to register turnips it's gonna cost you time and allow your opponent to close in on you also if you pull a bomb and hold on to it for too long it's gonna blow up in your hand or your opponent might make it blow up in your hand, only item worth holding on to is the beam sword but you need to remember that you need to drop the sword once so you can have full range on it

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
w8t if u drop the sword u get more range on th f-smash than if u dont drop it ?

oh does anyone have any shield breaking techniques with mr.satsurn ??

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I notice everything I pull (in tourney and mms).

sometimes in friendlies i throw stitchfaces 'n **** and don't even notice.

but i think the best part is that you can hide the face from ppl who aren't use to peach.

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
w8t if u drop the sword u get more range on th f-smash than if u dont drop it ?

oh does anyone have any shield breaking techniques with mr.satsurn ??
the problem is when peach pulls the beam sword out of the ground she always has a glitched version of the beam sword so you need to drop it and pick it back up to have the normal version check it out for yourself or i'll post a video showing the difference today no it doesn't have any special qualities other than it's screwed up range for peach to fight like a beast with the beam sword she MUST drop it and pick it back up no question about it

9Kplus1

Smash Master
the problem is when peach pulls the beam sword out of the ground she always has a glitched version of the beam sword so you need to drop it and pick it back up to have the normal version check it out for yourself or i'll post a video showing the difference today no it doesn't have any special qualities other than it's screwed up range for peach to fight like a beast with the beam sword she MUST drop it and pick it back up no question about it
...Or, use Peach Bomber, Toad, or any move that makes Peach put the sword away.

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman

r3d d09

Smash Master
In melee, I'd always look, but now in brawl. it doesn't really matter. i treat every turnip the same. it shouldn't change your game play unless you get a stitch face or something of course, but I try and set up combos, try to catch it so i don't have to take the time to pluck another.

Top Bottom