• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turn Off Stage Hazards...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
sorry if this has been said before but what if in Brawl there was an option that allowed you to turn off stage hazards like(Im gunna use SSBM stages as examples), turn off the racers from popping up in the Mute City stage, or turn off the KlapTraps from the DK stages....or take away the Banzai Bill from Princess Peach's Castle.....you should get the idea now....

cccck

Smash Journeyman
It has been said before, I don't know if it was it's own thread but...

Nice idea, I don't think it is going to happen, it might be cool.

but you did not say it would happen you said what if, here is what would happen
most tournaments would use this setting
Noobs would mess with it every once in wile. but go back to hazards because they think it is more fun.
Mid-level players would do whatever the wanted, some would have it one way all the time, but a lot would change it up.

That about covers what I think would happen. I don't think they would do this, to much work goes into making those hazards. I believe so at least, I could be wrong

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If there was a no hazards button, no one would ever play with thim on or only once in a blue moon like the items matches with bob-ombs only on very high. But for the most part, people would never play with them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it would definetly work for tourneys, but personally I wouldn't use it unless I was dead bored which I ain't never gonna be when I play Brawl

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Well the hazards are what makes many stages unique. For example, the wind on N64 Dream Land, the Mute City Racers, and the infamous Klap Trap who everyone either loves or hates.

If you really don't like hazards, I think you might as well play a level without them.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This would be very good and very us full. Though they may have an action replay code for it because on ssb64 online we sometimes turn on codes like "No airwings on sector Z, No tornado on hyrule, No wind on dreamland, etc. etc."

SmashWhammy

Smash Cadet
This could be a good option for future iterations of Training Mode, so players can concentrate on actual fighting.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
If you really don't like hazards, I think you might as well play a level without them.
but what if people like a certain stage but they just don't like the randomness of the hazards? so they turn it off so they don't have to deal with it....

maybe, if there is something like this in any future Smash game, you could choose which stages you don't want hazards in...

*Looks at topic* Why have some stages at all then? Sure, that'd be great for tourneys like GigaKoopa said, but it would take out all the fun when playing normally.
well if they had this option, it would only take away the hazards when you want them to.......If you want them in there then don't mess around with it.......If you want the hazards out then take them out...a game like Smash is all about options...

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
I think that it would be alright if they had a hazards on/off switch. I mean they do it with the items, why not the hazards?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If there was a function to remove hazards, you should only unlock it after a TON of matches, and definatly only after you get all the stages. It would be a shame for some people to miss out on hazard festivities.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I say no deal. I would regret it if you had the option of turning off hazzards because then all my item-phobic buddies would insist on leaving them off, even durring casual play. The solution is to have a wide selection of stages (some insane, some with the odd hazzard, and others devoid of any hazzard whatsoever) so that players can choose which level of craziness they are in the mood for.

Banned via Administration
I say no deal. I would regret it if you had the option of turning off hazzards because then all my item-phobic buddies would insist on leaving them off, even durring casual play. The solution is to have a wide selection of stages (some insane, some with the odd hazzard, and others devoid of any hazzard whatsoever) so that players can choose which level of craziness they are in the mood for.
you shouldn't post anymore.

nuro

Smash Lord
I like this idea and I hope it is added. I wish it was in melee so stages like green greens would be played on much more often.

Has anyone here played Jump Ultimate Stars? For the most part everyone turns stage hazards off.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
I like this idea and I hope it is added. I wish it was in melee so stages like green greens would be played on much more often.

Has anyone here played Jump Ultimate Stars? For the most part everyone turns stage hazards off.
You mean the sequel? Kinda, but I did play the original one. Never noticed you could do that in Ultimate Stars.

Oh and @Plairnik:

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
but what if people like a certain stage but they just don't like the randomness of the hazards? so they turn it off so they don't have to deal with it....

maybe, if there is something like this in any future Smash game, you could choose which stages you don't want hazards in...

well if they had this option, it would only take away the hazards when you want them to.......If you want them in there then don't mess around with it.......If you want the hazards out then take them out...a game like Smash is all about options...
Makes sense. :)
When playing amongst friends there will likely be disagreements, but oh well.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i like to play with items (Very HIgh) And play aganst die-hard ssbm fans and just run away as captain falcon and then rapid fire randonm stuff at them... And then again i know how to dodge and/or block everyitem in the game... And i also catch anything anyone else throws at me... So i like this idea... SO i can keep them on...

hectichobo

Smash Ace

It already was in melee with AR on debug... You can also increase the hazardz for instance... Princess peaches castle... Explodion gets as big as stage...

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
...I just noticed that...

Where did all the platforms go? Something's wrong here.... Very, VERY wrong.

Don't tell me they added a 'no platform' option... o.O

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see the point in picking some of the stages if you don't want to play them with traps/ hazards/ whatever...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
cuz there are stages that I really like the design of...but sometimes you just wanna play it without worrying about losing unfairly to a barrage of beams from ships or randomly dying cuz the stage caved in or something....see cuz sometimes I play with items and stages chock full of hazards like Big Blue...but sometimes I want a nice, straightforward fight....

Top Bottom