• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA & CCX Present: SMASHACRE May 5th - Canceled - Come to Smashtality III!

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Note: All information posted may be subject to change at ANY time.

Hosted by The Smash Affiliates

Date: May 5th
Time: 10 AM - Closing
Registration starts at 10 AM

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470

Bus Information:
Coming from NY, you can take a train that goes straight to Willowbrook Mall in Wayne. From there, you can give us a call and we'll have someone pick you up.

Events:
1v1 - $20 per person
2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per person)
Crews - $40 per crew ($2 per stock)
Smash 64 - Coming Soon

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

RULES

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - The store will not provide you one.
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Seven (7) minute time limit
₪ Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews - you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in order to be favored - You must have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.
₪ In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools - each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (5) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections are double blind pick for the 1st match. In the 2nd match, if a player wishes to change a character, both players must again use double blind pick.
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.
₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
₪ Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

A message from Warrior of Zarona:

Hey folks! TSA and CCX are going to start doing monthly tournaments for NJ, starting with our first event called Smashacre! (Smash+Massacre for those who are quite curious.) These will help set up for the coming Smashtality as well as give the community a healthy dose of competition for money and bragging rights! You think you're the best in the area? Come on by and show what you've got! See you there!

WoZ's Cell Phone #- 908-447-8398
CyberConXion Store Phone # - 973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris)

Confirmed Particpants:

Setups (The store currently has 12 TV's, 1 Wii and 3 Gamecubes+SSBM)
1. Warrior of Zarona (1 GC+SSBM)

Total full setups: 4

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yes we're aware of it. We don't have much control over the dates anyhow, but we're going to do the best we can with what we've got.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hmm. Idk. I might already be going to the MLG on may 5th and 6th. But then again, this one could be easier to go to and there won't be any pros here giving me a bigger chance to win.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Any chance of having this maybe the next week? (May 12) I'd have a bigger chance of showing up if you do.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to sound demeaning in anyway, but I was really hoping that you, sensei, and the rest of the Smash Affiliates could with me and isai to MLG. I personally think that if this is the only tournament date available it would probably be a better idea to just cancel the whole thing because this is technically, as far as I'm concerned, the last official MLG run tournament. I think it is probably not a good idea to complete with MLG because this might hurt the popularity of the MLG tournament. This is simply based on faith that if the MLG tournament is huge (maybe 300?) MLG might offer more money in future for smash. Therefore the more people that show to the MLG tourney the healthier for the smash community. Just my two cents.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Well if this tourny happens I'll be there with a setup........if it does not happen then that decision needs to be made ASAP because I'll go to MLG then and regristration for that CLOSES APRIL 30th!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
im coming, if you need ill bring a game and a memory card (even an action replay if you want)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
People should stop complaining about dates.

It's getting old. No matter what date you pick for a tourney you will almost always be competeting with something.

If you want to go to our tourney then go. If you want to go to MLG then go. It won't kill anyone to go to one tourney over another.

That said TSA actually has little control over the date.

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
im going to bamboozle lol. but woz are you guys really doing monthly tournements? i never thought scarpo would do that for his store. hopefully these will be much better than the terrabite tourneys

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm gonna be sad that I won't be able to see TSA at MLG this is gonna suck ballz.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well regardless of date changes, I'll do my best to be there and if you need a gamecube I shall bring it.

Zero_KoH

Smash Rookie
This weekend is just bad timing, judging by most people's responses. But if there is a set date, please let me know. I'd really like to come ^_^

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not trying to sound demeaning in anyway, but I was really hoping that you, sensei, and the rest of the Smash Affiliates could with me and isai to MLG. I personally think that if this is the only tournament date available it would probably be a better idea to just cancel the whole thing because this is technically, as far as I'm concerned, the last official MLG run tournament. I think it is probably not a good idea to complete with MLG because this might hurt the popularity of the MLG tournament. This is simply based on faith that if the MLG tournament is huge (maybe 300?) MLG might offer more money in future for smash. Therefore the more people that show to the MLG tourney the healthier for the smash community. Just my two cents.
QFT.

And the entry fees for this are INSANE. We're not NY! Holy shiz, Andrew!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So you're not going to change the data, even after what Jerry said? >_>;

And those tournament fees are standard for gay places like NYC and KotC's where Joe needed the cash to keep the thing running, but come on....

Sensei

Smash Lord
I thought you were rich? Don't be such a silly goose, Inui. Either go to MLG, this or anything else. Everybody needs to stop complaining.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Bah. So this is definitely going to happen?

I can't find a good partner for MLG, so I don't care enough to go to it anymore.

Since LK and teh_spamerer are teaming, I need a partner. Magus? Ryoko? >_>;

Someone~?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
We're canceling this tournament, and instead, CCX is going to push their efforts on the coming Smashtality instead.

This also lets us open up the biweeklies again. We'll probably have one on May 12th.

Eggm

Smash Hero
yay for TSA biweeklies <3 them more than the CCX thing..cause thats high entry and the biweeklies RULE. xD Yay EL's house.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Aww man, your not going to even push this back a week? I can't come to the biweeklies because they are on a weekday and I have school then.

Top Bottom