• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present: SSB64 Tournament - Retribution - Jan 7, 2007

Sensei

Smash Lord

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris/Angel)

Bus Information
:
You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

It would be helpful if you could all be at the Mall before 12:30 PM if you plan on taking the bus. I believe that the last train to leave the Port Authority and arrive at the mall before 12:30 PM would be 11:00 AM on bus 197 and it would arrive at the mall by 11:30 AM. If anybody is planning on taking the bus let me know in this thread so I can have an estimate on how many people will fit in my car and how many trips I need to make. If you need to contact me, call the store first and if you cant reach me there, call my Cell at 973-476-4217.

Entry Fee:
1v1 $15
2v2 $20 per team

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Date: Sunday Jan 7, 2007
Registration Begins at 11 AM
Tournament Starts: 12:30 PM!

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 10 min Time limit
•Team Attack On
•No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Dave's Stupid Rule - No stage may be played twice within a set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--You can buy a brand new first party controller here or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

*Both sets of rules are subject to change at ANYTIME

A message from Sensei:

Whats up everyone? We are having our fourth SSB64 tournament at CCX once again and this will be just as fun as the previous ones. We had out of staters and international players from the last tournament as well as the legendary player Isai! ChuDat and Mew2King also made a special apperance and put up a great fight! Hopefully we can get them all to come back and if Isai can not, then look at the positive side that it will be much easier to get first place LOL. Hope to see everyone there!

Also, please try to help us out and bring setups! N64, SSB64 cartridge, TV, VCR, extra controllers etc... This will help our tournament run a lot smoother. Thanks!

And if anyone noticed that there isn't a banner yet, it is because my computer still needs maintence so I can only do basic tasks. But there will be a cool banner soon, lol.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Bleach gsp, there are usually around 16 people that come to these tournaments. The last one had 18 which was the biggest one we've had so far. If you are coming from NY, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to come to this since this is in northern NJ. If you are coming by train, I will try to pick you up from the Waldwick station.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Might not be able too. >_>

Parents + Report card.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
Most of BCA crowd will be there hopefully
(whaahppnd, pikashox, geohot, MURA(REDEEM YOURSELF; its senior year (wt f are grades??) and hopefully a newcomer who you should have trouble with :chuckle: )

edit: who comes up with these names for the tournaments? lol

bleach gsp

Smash Rookie
No CAMPING or excessively STALLING a match....by no camping does that mean that if we throw someone off the side we cnt side camp? or is it that we cant fly around the map n waste time?

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm not really sure what sensei means when he says that, actually. bleach, yeah, you can edge guard. it would be so terrible if you couldn't. i thought that it meant you can't like fly around or keep quick attacking away or something, but i know krazy kirby and gerry were doing that to one another to run the timer a couple tournaments ago. so yeah, i dunno.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Is there really that much confusion about stalling? Stalling just means avoiding your opponent for unusually long period of time in order to purposely win the match by lives/percentages when the timer runs out.

Also, there have been some issues with the train situation so I will post the train info when I get the chance.

Sensei

Smash Lord
It has come to my conclusion that having the no camping rule is not a necessity. My intentions were to make the tournament run more quickly, but it seems that camping is a form of tactic that even though sounds "cheap" or "gay", it is also a form of mindgame and many people do it. That said, I have taken out Camping but Stalling is still not allowed because thats really "gay".

dugle

Smash Rookie
This sounds awesome! I do have a question though ... are the 1v1 and 2v2 tournies running at the same time? Because I'd more than likely want to play in both, as I know my roommates would...

dugle

Smash Rookie
This sounds awesome! I do have a question though ... are the 1v1 and 2v2 tournies running at the same time? Because I'd more than likely want to play in both, as I know my roommates would...

valoem

Smash Journeyman
do you realize if you fly it well be setting a new precedence for ssb64? Maybe one day it will be as big as melee :)

Sensei

Smash Lord
Moogle, if you come to my tournament, I might be able to house you the weekend. I am pretty sure I am housing a few more people as well for smash. Should be kick ***. And your right dugle, ssb64 is HUGE!!!:laugh:

Sensei

Smash Lord
Camping is camping. How would I elaborate on it? I can't really give a definite meaning to the word as many people have different views on it. So to avoid confusion, I took it out of the rule set.

slow like

Smash Cadet
if i can find travel companion(s) to come from cali with me, then i'm in.
also, money. money is pretty neat.

so, any west coasters going?

Sensei

Smash Lord
Isai is not going because he is going to be in Japan I think. Megavolt is coming from Cali if he hasn't already left. You can probably catch a flight with him.

Also, everybody check out the first post :D

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
sorry, i flew back yesterday. you should definitely come though. these tournaments are super fun. the sooner you book your flight, the cheaper it will be. i think jet blue and continental have pretty good deals on flights from california to nj. expedia and travelocity and sites like that are pretty good for finding cheap flights.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
awww man! you should come! these tournaments are super fun! plus, i was really looking forward to playing you. i don't play online, so these tournaments are really my only hope.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
only a week left? wow, time went by fast...

if anyone can give me a ride that'd be great and convenient...i don't need it per se, but it would make things a hell of a lot easier for my friend who always takes me around.

Top Bottom