• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRULY EPIC Tournament!!!!! RESULTS ON FIRST PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGM

Smash Lord
TRULY EPIC!!!

1 Wobbles Winnings: $252.00
2 Caveman Winnings: $126.00
3 Rob$ Winnings: $42.00
4 drew Winnings: $0.00
5 DoH
5 BlueZaft
7 Mouf
7 CF
9 Jake13
9 Gabe
9 SideEffect
9 TGM
13 Bear
13 Tyle
13 Sethlon
13 Lep
17 Defy
17 Knives
17 Dawn
17 Rocket Trainer
17 Mog
17 Xzalla
17 Sand Trap
17 Riot
25 D@x
25 Lock
25 Anh
25 Void
25 Duke
25 Last Man Standing
25 kage
25 ResumeDposition
33 Bye
33 Vlad
33 Cpt.B
33 Bye
33 Jimboooooooo
33 Fork Girl
33 Bye
33 Apoc
33 Bye
33 FireFly
33 The Art in War
33 Bye
33 Danny
33 Frothy
33 Bye
33 Blood Temple
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye

TGM

Smash Lord
i mean 28th..............EPIC!

and yes teams never have had a good turn out. we generaly get 4 teams........thats horrible. low tier is something we need to do for once.

mouf=dk
sethlon=roy
gabe=pikachu
tgm=young link
sideeffect=roy
nova=link

this is gonna be good.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
You are bidding on an {AS IS} COMPAQ Evo N115 Notebook. This Notebook worked fine but one day would not turn on. A good repair could get this notebook back up in running. Unfortunately I dont have the time or means, so my Loss is your Gain No Reserve! So Bid Now! And Happy Bidding! ^_^'

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, no offense to anyone OOC or OOS, but i would like this to be a houston thing only, cause we have a venue that can only hold 30 people. Houston smashers only! If you need rides or have questions, please post!
But Sand-trap and I wanted to come take your monies.

Also no teams? wtf gay

kthxbai

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awesome, I'll try to go.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Me and my friend will come, so count us in. Finally a tournament:grin: ---
Low tiers $10? Wtf?

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Yes $10 for low tier... houston never has tournies... save up ur $$....

Okay this looks good... im defenitely coming... haha Allan ur right... most of houston isnt good enough for a ranking anyways...

Anyone wanna MM my Roy or Fox? $5? (looks at sethlon)

Whoever goes to an anime convention than this... may god or allah or whoever have mercy on your soul....

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
3 things.

1. 10$ for low tier? Severe ouchies. Thats alot of money for low tier. I seriously doubt i'll have that much left over from all of dallas and then the 1v1 for this :(

2. I don't see why we can't have some out of town-ers. I think we both know that 30 houston people aren't going to show up to this.

3. No ronnie, i won't roy ditto $$ you. :laugh: :psycho: :dizzy: :urg:

...that said,
I'm definately comin'.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
3 things.

1. 10$ for low tier? Severe ouchies. Thats alot of money for low tier. I seriously doubt i'll have that much left over from all of dallas and then the 1v1 for this :(

2. I don't see why we can't have some out of town-ers. I think we both know that 30 houston people aren't going to show up to this.

3. No ronnie, i won't roy ditto $$ you. :laugh: :psycho: :dizzy: :urg:

...that said,
I'm definately comin'.

Suggestions:

I just realized people don't have $$ these days... so maybe low tier should be cut to $5...

and out of towners should be allowed to come... i agree with seth when he says 30 ppl wont come... we might get 20.

Seth you will roy ditto me at least friendlies... but i hope for a MM.

TGM

Smash Lord
I since there aint no entry fee i was gonna put it on low tier so YOU guys make more money. but i can lower it to 5$. teams WILL not happen. also, drew and sand-trap....if you guys ARE seriosuly coming, then yea please do. i need to fight yalls shiek(drew) and jigs(sand).

PS: alex, do not roy ditto him untill u use roy again....when was the last time u honestly busted out the roy hardcore? its been a while. practice.....then fight ronnie.

TGM

Smash Lord
teams NEVER get a good turn out, ever. AND the aladin crew only shows up for teams......thats stupid! i named a few peopel who do low tier, and thats without thinking about who all plays low tier.

if you show up and dont pay, you aint playing. PERIOD!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Teams is good stuff. I'm sure bear will want teams...

I'll still go without it though.

And 5$ for low tier is muchos betteros.

TGM

Smash Lord
Nice spanish alex! im sorry but i want low tier for once. next time it will be teams. i honestly want to see who has a awesome low tier. moufs DK is probly the best. but gabes pika and ronnies roy are good too. so we will see. low is final!

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Yes low tier... umm... so its $10... okay thats fine. But hopefully people wont back out now... yes... if u dont pay u dont play...

0firefly0

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to this tournament scene (very new actually...)

So how exactly does this work?

Can anyone off the street show up and play? (After paying obviously)

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Yes firefly... we will all show up and pay... then fight each other until 1 is left standing... but dont worry... if you lose ur match u still have a chance to come back in the "losers bracket" where u get another shot...

You came just in time... Houston smash has been dead for a while now...

Whoa... where is clute? lol

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm pretty new to this tournament scene (very new actually...)
First off, Welcome to smashboards!

So how exactly does this work?
Its pretty simple. Just come to where the tournament is being held at. Free play is open at all times, so just waltz in and plug in your controller.

MLG Rules:
4 stock, time limit 8 minutes
2/3, Double Elimination

One stage ban per player or team

First match in a set is set to random stage, and can be resetted once (1 reset/ set / player or team, for 1st match only)

Advanced slob picks (loser picks stage -> winner picks character -> loser picks character)

Stages on random select: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams (also Battlefield?)

Banned stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Onnet, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Dave's Stupid Rule: No level can be played twice in the same set.

Note that at anytime, if both you and your opponent agree, you can choose any level. So if for some crazy reason you want to play on hyrule temple/icicle mountain, and you're opponent wants to also, you can.

Feel free to ask for clarification of any rule.

Also, to TGM: You should post all of the rules in the first page, to make sure everyone knows what they are. I wanna know exactly what stages are banned >.<

Can anyone off the street show up and play? (After paying obviously)
Yeppers, anyone can come play, no matter age, race, gender or sexuality ;)
No prior registration required...if you show up, you can play.
And since this tourny doesnt even have a registration fee, you could just come and play friendlies/watch other people play, comepletely free of charge.
Lol, nevermind that last line. TGM isn't gonna let anyone come this time without entering (and paying) for the 1v1s. A number of people are notorious for just coming and then not entering anything *COUGHxzallaCOUGH*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, to TGM: You should post all of the rules in the first page, to make sure everyone knows what they are. I wanna know exactly what stages are banned >.<
TGM said:
Rules: MLG rules with the exception of Onett. Onett is unbanned for me ONLY......im not joking.
LOL, there you go.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Sethlon said:
Gabe's pika is a beast.
Amazing
blarg!!!!!!!!

me comsies to win the LOW TIER! jk

So i think we should do a round robin regardless becuase it would diff and and coo

Jake13

Smash Lord
I will try and come, as well as the rest of the divas :-* [/gay]

That aside, teams would be so fun :( that's my fav. . . supposing Team LDR returns :]

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
LOL, there you go.
Lol, yeah, i saw that...but im wondering about Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Poke Floats, etc. And will we be doing this under You can't ban neutral stages, or not? And if not do we still get our stage reset...etc. Just saying MLG rules is too vague, because I don't remember alot of it, and despite a hard effort i can't find a completely written out MLG ruleset.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
teams NEVER get a good turn out, ever. AND the aladin crew only shows up for teams......thats stupid!
okay, we are renaming our crew from guardians of honor to..... OSAMA YO MAMA!

this way Allan can please his urge to be racist at the same time as actually calling us by our real names

EDIT: just playing baby, you know its all fun and games

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Seek you out the diamond in the rough...

We should get a good turn out if we do teams. There me+bear, Gabe+(jake?), Nema+Mog, atleast one team from the GoH...and that still leaves you(TGM), Mouf, and Ronnie, + everyone else there. *shrug*.

Rawr, i'm on a posting spree!

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
We should get a good turn out if we do teams. There me+bear, Gabe+(jake?), Nema+Mog, atleast one team from the GoH...and that still leaves you(TGM), Mouf, and Ronnie, + everyone else there. *shrug*.!
i know right we got plenty of teams going... then we got all the newcomers making friends with each other like its mating season

i say we go on strike until allan puts teams on the tourny

wait... what?

SHUT UP!!

Velox

Smash Ace

this way Allan can please his urge to be racist at the same time as actually calling us by our real names
lmao

Not to mention... isn't 3000 co-hosting this tournament?... and there is no teams... strange... I'm sure him and T-Rex will play in teams as well (or maybe T-Rex isn't coming?)

I think we'll have enough time to do both and I don't even know the schedule. Take low tier from $10 to $5 and charge $5 for teams. There... done. Everyone's happy.

I'm biased though seeing how much I like teams.

Just like TGM is biased in how much he wants to see a low tier tourney actually happen (not that there is anything wrong with that... I want to see it too...)

Also, although I know why TGM wants a low tier tourney and he was just saying this, but I do not feel that team attendance ever lacks. Low tier most definately lacks more in attendance than teams does. You have to take into account that although it seems like there is very few teams in attendance, that is because there are two players per team. That and it is not the main event, so naturally it will drop slightly in attendance than singles, but not moreso that low tier, in fact low tier will probably drop more in attendance because some people don't want to make a fool of themselves (which I think is stupid).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mulan > Aladdin + Lion King.

KH2 > Disney movies by themselves.
Bah, you only like Mulan because it stereotypes Asians. I already know you're racist. Milk tea. :p

On topic, I also recommend that there be teams. It seems that more people actually want to do it this time around...

Colombian Falcon

Smash Apprentice
i wanna knee you all:) sorry i have´nt played smash in a while heheh

i wanna come to dissssss........

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
Meh, Allan, from what time to what time are we allowed to be at the place ? That's extremely important to know, especially since apparently ALOT of people want teams.

0firefly0, welcome to Smashboards.

Anyone want to come to my house and play Smash ?

TGM

Smash Lord
hmm so teams instead of low tier?!?!?!?!? i wanted to see mouf beat up roys and pikachus...........argh ok ill do teams! f-you ****!

also, 300 found me the venue, thats why i included him in the title, thats all.

sorry but Aladin Crew is just the best name out there for you guys. i cant spell/remember yalls real names so i just say aladin. its so much easy-er.

Sethlon, rules are up ***!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
i wanna knee you all:) sorry i have´nt played smash in a while heheh

i wanna come to dissssss........
CF! We need to play more! I'll bring you to this if I go, and there's a good chance I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom