• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trouble with heavy characters

SmoothOcean

Smash Rookie
im having trouble Ko'ing heavy characters such as DDD and snake at lower %'s i can rack up the damage on them but i cant ko them till about 150%+ >.< any tips?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's difficult...

Don't use your fsmash before ~130%, otherwise it'll loose it's power...
On Snake you can try to land a dair, while recovers..

ADHD

Smash Hero
^ no no no!!!

Your fsmash can be di'd, there's always a chance and people will learn to DI it eventually and I've had a few players who knew how to DI it almost every time I fsmash'd them. Save your dsmash, as in never use it unless its for KO's and use your fsmash instead of ever using your dsmash.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah, also a good strategy is when you knock your opponent off to the side, chase them!
diddy's aerial game is as good as his ground game, his fair has a good amount of knockback, and his bair has ok knockback
also, his forward throw will KO, so use your other throws til you're ready to KO

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
You can kill if you hit them with a fair offstage or near the edge, it's pretty strong.

Fsmash and Dsmash are the moves you should save (you can use them at the beginning of the stock once each, but after that you should save 'em).

If you're having a lot of trouble killing until high %, look for gimp opportunities. Snake's recovery is very linear and I believe you can Diddy Hump him. You can also Dair spike him.

D3 is a little harder but you can get him to high %'s fairly fast because he's easy to combo. Glide tosses and tilts just **** him. Use throws to put him off stage and force him to use his Up b to recover if you can (it's easy to punish). He is a big target so your rocket barrel spike is a viable option. Just be aware that his recovery does go pretty far so at low % this might not kill him.

Uair can kill sometimes if you nail your opponents a considerable height above the ground. Dash attack combos into uair, fair and dair, so you can set up for KOs fairly easily with this. If you knock them past the edge with the dash attack, use a dair (see NL's signature), if they're not quite there, a fair will still do good, and if you're more centralized then a uair is good. Even if it doesn't kill it's good juggling.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Dair spiking ***** snake. :)
I love it.

Nice info on the dsmash killing heavier characters. Didn't know that. I'll keep it in mind. :)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Make sure you are constantly using glide-tossing to your advantage. Glide-Toss to F-Smash or D-Smash is really good. Also, go for the gimps. If you can land the D-Air or get them with the Diddy hump while in midair than you've just saved yourself alot of work.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Umm...Smart Snake players will recover really high up to avoid both the dair and the diddy hump.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I just stick it out until 130% and then Ko them. Also try using the peanuts when there off the stage to set up a Dair.

Top Bottom