• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble against projectiles

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I'm a King DeDeDe mainer as well and he rocks =), I'm still learning to use him since I've

joined, but I have a problem, when i challenge character like falco and wolf I am completely

destroyed by their constant laser abuse, I tried jumping over it but then they go to the

other side and repeat the process this doesn't only apply to falco and wolf but to all

projectile usere, How do you all handle projectile abusers?

Ps. I don't know if there is a thread on this already,but if there is can u post the link? thank you=)

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
For characters where a waddle dee can block projectiles make sure you keep one in between you and your enemy at all times. For characters that can't always be blocked, IE: Pit,Zelda,Rob..etc I like to jump throw waddle dee's to counter the projectile spam. I've found a well timed/aimed projectile spam by D3 beats almost any with the random Gordos you can throw.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
yeah anytime your locked throwing projectiles at the same speed as your opponent its not a true deadlock since all you have to do is wait for a gordo xD

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Thank u so much=) Im going to go into training mode and practice my aiming, now its time for payback>=)
Question: is there a way to influence the direction of the waddle dee? because I would hate to miss the opponent by a hair above

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
The only character that should really give you a problem as a whole would be Pit, all of the other people that can beat/get around your spam should melt under one of your other techniques.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
So far I've been beaten by Toon Links in both wifi wars and the Hard Knocks tourney. I'd say your best bet is to have your two waddles out at all times and be patient, waiting for an opening. Fox's lasers aren't too bad since they dont push you back, falco is a ***** though and I would advise working on your hover-game (hover just above ground using waddles to close and once inside try to pop them up with dair, KO with a fastfall fair, ect.)

Any toon link specific advice from the pros would be appreciated!

Buuman

Smash Ace
As everyone has mentioned, waddle dees will beat most, I do want to add, you can actually change the trajectory of your side b by rolling up or down on the control stick after you press side B, How I get around pit and toon link..I actually have a few ways, jump/air dodge approach, WoP their ***, or break there projectiles will the spin animation of your neutral A

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
waddledees do not beat most.

wolfs laser is faster and will stop your first dedede and by the time you try to throw a second one wolfs laser will ave already hit you.

Top Bottom