• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tripping Return or not?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Can you imagine if theres a small gameplay footage at E3 2013 and someone/mario trips in it?
If the tripping came from an attack or item, there wouldn't be a problem.

However, I would kind of like to see Sakurai himself walk on stage and trip on a wire or something. It would be a case of delicious irony that shall be remembered forever.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If the tripping came from an attack or item, there wouldn't be a problem.

However, I would kind of like to see Sakurai himself walk on stage and trip on a wire or something. It would be a case of delicious irony that shall be remembered forever.
Tripping from attacks (like low kicks) or items (such as banana peels) would be OK, as it adds some realism.

On your second point, If that happened, my reaction would be:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
1 No just no.
2 I hope not.
3 Still wondering why they didn't at least make Tripping a On or Off option.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Tripping should remove all characters; even Mario. He was the best Smash veteran :troll:

I must be tripping dawgg..for making this thread..simply i ask you lot 3 questions and i would like for you lot graciously to give 3 answers.

#1. Do you want tripping to return?
#2. Do you THINK tripping will return?
#3 What are your views/thoughts of the tripping mechanic that was implemented into brawl?

:phone:
1. No. Or at least, better implementation
2. Yes.
3. I understand trying to balance out the game more but just the amount you can trip and no off switch is ridiculous. It's even more ridiculous when you realize characters like Meta-Knight who are broken already can just avoid tripping in most matches.

3 Still wondering why they didn't at least make Tripping a On or Off option.
Probably because they didn't think it would be that bad.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
I say nay to tripping. In fighting games uncontrollable randomness is never a good thing. Its implentation in brawl though not a huge problem I did not agree with. I dont think it will be returning and it wasnt to bad in brawl but still a bit annoying.

Top Bottom