• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce of Courage: Link's Match-Up Thread!

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
My vision:

:metaknight:
:falco: :pit:
:fox: :sheik: :olimar: :kirby2: :luigi2: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: :yoshi2: :pikachu2: :lucario: :gw:
:dedede: :diddy: :sheilda: :pt: :peach: :samus2: :toonlink: :rob: :marth: :ike: :wario: :sonic: :mario2: :dk2: :popo:
:lucas: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: :snake:
+1
:falcon: :bowser2: :zelda: :ness2:

Not in a particular order...
Falco isn't as imposible as metaknight...
Pit can overpass you in both low and large range...
Luigi can **** you in priority...
G&W can ground-kill you faster than any other...
A well played Ganon can be very hard, and can punish hard any mistake...
You can overpass Snake in large range, and he can't kill you as fast as G&W...
Lucas and Ness suffer so much cause grab releas+Dsmash... but Lucas can bother you more than Ness...

X3DS

Smash Rookie
My vision:

:metaknight:
:falco: :pit:
:fox: :sheik: :olimar: :kirby2: :luigi2: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: :yoshi2: :pikachu2: :lucario: :gw:
:dedede: :diddy: :sheilda: :pt: :peach: :samus2: :toonlink: :rob: :marth: :ike: :wario: :sonic: :mario2: :dk2: :popo:
:lucas: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: :snake:
+1
:falcon: :bowser2: :zelda: :ness2:

Not in a particular order...
Falco isn't as imposible as metaknight...
Pit can overpass you in both low and large range...
Luigi can **** you in priority...
G&W can ground-kill you faster than any other...
A well played Ganon can be very hard, and can punish hard any mistake...
You can overpass Snake in large range, and he can't kill you as fast as G&W...
Lucas and Ness suffer so much cause grab releas+Dsmash... but Lucas can bother you more than Ness...
way off.

The only thing that keeps Falco above MK in terms of match up difficulty is MK's lack of a projectile. A lot of the -1s should be -2. Snake vs. Link is not even. A good Snake is actually a pain to fight and can make the fight very frustrating even if you are outplaying him. Granted it's not a terrible match up and Link can definitely play it but it's still going to be 60:40 Snake.

Also on another note I feel like Captain Falcon is even at best but not +1 :awesome:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
The factor to these matchups is all about how well you do and how much experience you have vs that character.I feel as if matchups should be based on what projectile is one of the best to use in the matchup - as a matter of fact we should start a treas about the projectiles and how good they are vs a certain character.For example : The Gale boomerang is a very nice tool,it can take an unwary opponent's stock.Arrows can cause opponents to lose their second jump while recovering.Then there's bombs which can be placed on platforms,the edge,or just simply dropped into an airdodge for an invincible way to land.

I really don't think Falco is too bad,being how I just crouch an see if my sheild is willing to cooperate HOWEVER the chain grab should put the fear of god in us.It can take a stock,and it loves to play with our percent.If you can get Falco or fox on the edge you can pretty much finish them if you properly put link's tools to your advantage.

Side note : I'll make a thread soon on many techs link can do for Mixups this weekend.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You 2 year necrobumped the thread lol.

With Link, you need to use all 3 projectiles because they work together. Bombs are universally the best projectile but it doesn't work that way. Link's spamming is slow so he needs to use multiple attacks together to make it work.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
What I meant was what projectile is most effective against what character.Things like arrows are nifty if you can use them offstage,boomerang can sneak in that early stock,and bombs are good for shutting some things down.Zair is very hand as well,it gives us a large range and it sets up for things such as Quick Dash Attack or my favorite,the DAC.

I've been watching Lord Xavier's Link (Mega Mass Madness 2) and I noticed he used certain projectiles in certain situations.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you remember me,I was a bad player a few months ago but I've made several notable changes to the way I play (I was a Marth,and a bad Falco in a thread on videos of link vs every character).

Top Bottom